Ecw to be dropped and re-branded?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

LKP

The news wire is abuzz with the news that there are MAJOR changes coming for the ECW brand in 2010. Sources have indicated that the ECW brand will be dropped and re-branded in its current timeslot.

Hmm what does this mean for ecw? I hope the young talent can still have a good start off and good matches on the show.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Well, I guess it's the right time, eh? The name ECW doesn't mean what it used to anymore, it means what Vince wants it to mean now.

LKP

UPDATE: Mike Johnson of PWInsider.com has confirmed that WWE had a meeting with Syfy regarding a re-branding and the ‘ECW’ letters may be gone.

Hmmmm

Klide

Why dont they just drop the show period. Just have RAW SD! and Superstars?

straight_edge76

Honestly I do want the WWE to pick up Nitro, and bring the retro 2000 Nirto stage, that stage kicked ass.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, so they can change the meaning of yet another former competitor.

For a lot of recent fans ECW will only be associated with the current show and that's a shame.

Great One

Thank god. ECW does not fit what that brand is at all. It all sounds and seems to Blue to have that name since there's no god damn "Extreme" wrestling even on it.

Rated RJC

Reaction score
I don't think they should drop the show altogether like mentioned in this thread I do think a name change is necessary. No sense in soiling the ECW name even more, it's like spitting in Heyman's face every time it's on.

Just make ECW a televised FCW, pretty much what it is now. Let the young talent get some TV and big crowd experience before moving them to the big shows. Also give veterans coming near the end have one last run on TV.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Of course there was no extreme. It's called dancing on your competitors graves.