Ecw to be dropped and re-branded?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

Same with HHH, Taker(whos been doing better face Punk and Jericho and what not) and Orton.

From late 90s to now we seen the ME slightly go from Rock, Austin, HHH, HBK,Taker, Kane to Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK, Batista, Taker
Kofi and etc will gradually get to the level where they wont need the vets to put them over in the next decade or so.

noumenon

I'm looking at right now as yet another shift and transitional period.

Late 90's...
Main Event: Hart, HBK, Stone Cold, Undertaker
Up and comers: Rock, HHH..ect.

Early 2000's...
Main Event: HHH, Stone Cold, Rock
Guys like HBK, Undertaker and a few others started to hint towards that legend status.

Then the up and comers were Cena, Orton, Edge.
Now they've solidified their status as legit main eventers, guys like HHH and Jericho are starting to shift into that legend/veteran role and it's guys like Cena and Orton who are the life blood of the company.

straight_edge76

Its a never ending cycle, in 5-6 years guys like Kofi, JoMo, Punk and Miz will be in the situation that Orton, Edge & Cena are in today and Edge, Cena and Orton will be in the Jericho, HHH spot.

noumenon

Although I still think guys like Edge and Orton could stand for a little more of the superstar treatment. I don't know... none of these guys seem to be anywhere near the status that HHH and others were in their glory days.

LKP

100% agree with that post man. ^^^^

WWE now just need to feed us more reason why morrison,sheamus, drew, and ziggler should be the next guys to solidify themselves. 2010 should be the year for that.

noumenon

Also, putting younger guys in feuds with people like Orton, Edge and Cena will show that WWE doesn't think that the above listed need HBK, HHH and Undertaker to babysit them to have a decent feud as well. Problem is people were always looking to HHH, HBK and Taker to put people over when it really should have been the current breed of main event talent doing so. HHH, HBK and others did their job putting over guys like Orton, Edge and Cena.
DX and Taker are WWE's three resident legends at this point. And yes, HHH is one of them... he's been around for a long time and no matter what he does or who he loses to, no one will think any less of him.

straight_edge76

Agreed.

I think that Edge when he returns should not jump into a feud with Jericho but possibly be used to elevate somebody like Morrison into the main event. They seem to use HBK and Taker to put over every damn body.

MizMasta3000

He can do that after a Jericho feud. Even the WWE universe is waiting for him to kick Jericho's ass. He cant return and ignore it.

LKP

^^^^Yeah well said.

Edge will come back and his promos will interrupt Jericho. And one time it will interrupt him and y2j thinks its just another promo when edge makes his return and kick the crap out of Jericho.

xtremebadass

Either 2010 will be 2006-ish Awesome or it will be 2007-ish Ball Suckingly Horrible.

noumenon

I'm sorry, I still don't have the slightest idea what Jericho did to Edge to make him want to exact vengeance.
I'd say the safer bet is that Edge is drafted straight to RAW after Mania.

xtremebadass

I'm sorry, I still don't have the slightest idea what Jericho did to Edge to make him want to exact vengeance.
I'd say the safer bet is that Edge is drafted straight to RAW after Mania.

There really is no rivalry there if you think about it. After Edge got injured Jericho just talked shit about him here or there. He hasn't said anything in awhile which is leading me to believe this match won't go down.

MizMasta3000

As soon as he got injured, he cut a promo saying how horrible Edge is. Edge appeared on the titantron from his house to retort

Great One

Cena isn't in his 20's.

No Cena or Hunter in the main event would be horrible.

People were calling for Cena to piss off, and when he was out, it was even worse then when he was dominant. Morrison isn't ready. Heck, none of those guys are.
And what? No, it wasn't, that's a personal preference and personally I thought it was awesome and wouldn't have minded if he left permanently. And that point was so bad because Randy Boreton was the champ and he wasn't doing absolutely anything while his character was plain and monotonous as fuck. Jericho's return was also fucked up royally. Admittedly, Cena's RR return was pretty cool though. But when guys like Rock, Triple H, and Austin were on top, everyone actually wanted to see the faces on their screen and guys like Angle could come straight up out of nowhere and get in the main event because the top guys were willing to put him over and credit him as one, as well as the writers automatically inserting him into a storyline with the McMahon-Helmsley faction to shoot him to main event status (ironically kinda reminscent of Wolfe being inserted that quickly into a main event picture with Angle who was like the last guy I can think of his size to have that happen to).

Orton is willing to give someone like Kofi a chance now which is good, and I agree it should have been Cena putting over guys not staying in the title picture for 3+ years of the same shit, to the point where he's beaten EVERYBODY. And yeah then NO SHIT no one can look 'believable in the main event scene' now because no one can look credible to the guy that lost like, what 2 times in 2006 I believe? Blue.