Ecw to be dropped and re-branded?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

SyFy is a mediocre channel. ECW should be on TNT like Nitro was

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If wrestling could be shown on TNT WCW would not have gone out of business when it did.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Why do I have a feeling WWE's going to make it two brands, and have Superstars, and the new ECW show like: Velocity & Heat x 4?

LKP

Superstars is technically like Heat. No scrap that superstars was superstars years and and years ago. But all in the same boat i get you. I hope Ecw keeps its starts and just renames.

Kizza

Latest news

SyFy doesnt get ratings any fucking way tbh. Why dont WWE just give FCW that show?

Because besides Low Ki and a couple of others guys, FCW is full of talentless hacks. Plus, where would the current ECW guys go, just to FCW? Then you have absolute clusterfuck instead of having a show you can graduate guys to. Just rename ECW, not televise FCW.

Kizza

Well, based on the fact that it'd be brought up numerous times, didn't look like it tbh.

Well, now I said why having a developmental place on tv sucks ;D.

MizMasta3000

^agreed.
looks like WWE really wants to develop new talent and you cant be mad at them for that

phantomgerald

Just change the name. And I think ECW should travel on its own. If they could, they should fly to lesser places to wrestle. Imagine if every episode of the new show comes form Zimbawae or South Africa or Peru. THe fans would flock to see an actual episode of a wrestling show on their country, and the WWE will get more publicity and fans.

Only problem would be cost. Unless the show pulls in a huge rating, they won't be enough to break even

MC Rae

Reaction score
Hmm, this is the right move I think. Perhaps with this apparent 're-brand' they could put focus on the show as being a 'pure wrestling show' (a trait it does have to some extent currently). Especially now that Danielson and Low Ki have been tipped to join that roster at anytime soon...

Quintastic One

Reaction score
^ Nope, I just don't care for a television show as dull and boring as ECW. I want to see guys like Christian, Zach Ryder, Shelton Benjamin, and William Regal on one of the two main brands, not a "C" show nobody cares about.

ECW hurts the WWE's roster, combined with terrible ratings, I find it useless.

There are so many things wrong with this opinion that if you weren't my radio Co-Host, I'd probably consider you a complete moron. I hope you're actually just trying to get a rise out of people Chess, because by you saying that ECW is dull and boring means that you really can't appreciate real wrestling booking. Which would make sense considering you enjoyed an episode of RAW that had less than 20 minutes of wrestling in it. But I'm going to stop thinking about that before I say something I'll regret.

noumenon

I'm wondering what's going to happen to the ECW title, if it's just going to dissolve or they're going to merge it with something. Or if they do simply rebrand the show if it'll simply be renamed.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

What would you call a title that's rarely defended on PPV and is the main title of a "C" show that's supposed to showcase young and new talent? I mean besides calling it the ECW Championship. The next big thing championship? You know this would be the perfect excuse to bring back the Television Championship.

MizMasta3000

^Its treated like shit, but like Cinderella, the sstepsisters still need her