WWE's Top 5 In Ring Wrestlers.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deuce

Reaction score
Not everyone has to have Punk in their top 5 or 10. I mean while he is in mine I could see why he wouldn't be in others. Just all down to preference.

I'm just quite suprised, I mean the guy has great matches, has great promos and while he's in a feud, he usually looks like the one that will dominate.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Well this is top 5 in ring wrestlers so the promo aspect doesn't count here.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I feel he is as well as he is in my top 5 just saying it don't surprise me that people wouldn't put him in there considering other options.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Fair enough, but I don't know how anybody could POSSIBLY come up with a statement like that. His execution is sloppy, he has very little chemistry with most of his opponents, only the best ones can drag him to something watchable. I guess he's the best if you're a MOVEZ!!!!! guy since he has the best moveset in the company, but there's a little bit more to it than that. I didn't watch him in ROH, maybe he was "incredible" there, but he damn sure isn't in WWE, and when I see how well Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio have adjusted from different styles to the WWE and how much Punk struggles conversely, I'm not that inclined to believe he was much better.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
1) CM Punk

2) Daniel Bryan

3) Alberto Del Rio

4) Randy Orton

5) Chris Jericho

Cody comes in at 6th for me.

Deuce

Reaction score
Hatred, great list you got there bro, CM Punk at #1 for you too.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
1.ziggler
2.dbry
3.punk
4.jericho
5.cody

Reactions: 1 person

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Fair enough, but I don't know how anybody could POSSIBLY come up with a statement like that. His execution is sloppy, he has very little chemistry with most of his opponents, only the best ones can drag him to something watchable. I guess he's the best if you're a MOVEZ!!!!! guy since he has the best moveset in the company, but there's a little bit more to it than that. I didn't watch him in ROH, maybe he was "incredible" there, but he damn sure isn't in WWE, and when I see how well Daniel Bryan and Alberto Del Rio have adjusted from different styles to the WWE and how much Punk struggles conversely, I'm not that inclined to believe he was much better.
Shockingly enough, I agree with this for the most part. I've never seen him in ROH so i'm purely judging him on what i've seen of him in the WWE. He's not a bad wrestler by any stretch of the matter, but I also wouldn't put him on the pedestal everyone else seems to do. I'm not gonna deny he has good matches, but I rarely find that he has what I consider great matches (bare in mind I don't do do the star rating system) and even his MITB match wasn't great, but because of the storyline leading into it and the whole atmosphere it ended up bumping the actual rating for it.

And to Deuce, what makes him so "incredible" in the ring that he's better than everyone else? What matches of his do you consider some of the best?