• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You gotta be trolling when it comes to Punk's in ring ability because if he sucked in the ring as much as he did then he wouldn't have as many good to great matches he has had in WWE with different people.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I never troll, everything I say is dead serious. Why would I even troll about a guy who I spend nearly every post praising the shit out of? I don't mind Punk sucking in the ring because ring work is not the point of the WWE, never has been and he's as good as anyone could ever be at any other aspect of the business, but it's just the way it is. He's an incredibly awkward person to get a good match out of. The absolute best ones can do it, I'm not saying he sucks on the level of a Sheamus or a Barrett, but for a guy who's constantly regarded as one of the best in ring guys in the company, he really doesn't pull his own weight in that department. The number of great matches he's had is something you're exagerating immensely, he's had maybe 5. The match with Cena at MITB, which had nothing to do with the in ring work, which was actually kinda lackluster, but the quality of the storyline, the crowd and all the other factors leading into the match that made it a great match. His matches with Rey at Extreme Rules 2010, and Capitol Punishment 2011, because Rey is one of the few people who have chemistry with Punk. The match with Daniel Bryan on Raw recently, because Daniel Bryan is a miracle worker when it comes to dragging good matches out of people. And then there's 1 or 2 great matches he had with Del Rio or Ziggler, which I forget the specific dates of. He also had 1 or 2 good, but not great matches with Morrison. That's really it. For a nearly 6 year stint in the WWE, at a high profile level, that's a pretty bad overall catalogue, when that's all that stands out. There aren't even 10.

Much as I would love to give him credit for his in ring work, he really hasn't earned it. There's only a select few people who's style he can play off of well, if you put him in the ring with a guy who isn't top of the line, it's gonna turn out bad. That is reflected in the ratings, where his promos are constantly gaining viewers, and his matches are losing them. Nobody wants to see him wrestle.

Last edited:

Deuce

Reaction score
My list right here:

1) CM Punk

2) Randy Orton

3) Daniel Bryan

4) Sheamus

5) Cody Rhodes

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
1) Chris Jericho

2) Daniel Bryan

3) Dolph Ziggler

4) Kofi Kingston

5) Wade Barrett

If you're counting partly retired, William Regal all the way.

Deuce

Reaction score
I don't get how CM Punk isn't on that list Ellis.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I don't get how CM Punk isn't on that list Ellis.

LOL I thought I put him on, guess not, he'd be third ahead of Dolph

Deuce

Reaction score
& switch Barrett and Kingston? I like Kofi and all but he's not better than Barrett. But if that's your opinion, I respect that.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
I do like Barrett and I'm British but he is still young and I don't think he is up to his potential yet. I like Kofi and I do like his style but after thinking it, I'd probs put Rey Mysterio up there too, you rarely ever see a bad Rey match and Kofi reminds me a bit of Rey.

Deuce

Reaction score
I do like Barrett and I'm British but he is still young and I don't think he is up to his potential yet. I like Kofi and I do like his style but after thinking it, I'd probs put Rey Mysterio up there too, you rarely ever see a bad Rey match and Kofi reminds me a bit of Rey.

He does remind me of Mysterio as well and I can't wait for the guy to return. I still wouldn't put Barrett behind Kofi but I would put him behind Mysterio for sure.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
In no particular order

Daniel Bryan
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Dolph Ziggler
Jericho/Christian

Deuce

Reaction score
No CM Punk for Dale either, suprising that not as many people here have Punk in their top 5.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
He does remind me of Mysterio as well and I can't wait for the guy to return. I still wouldn't put Barrett behind Kofi but I would put him behind Mysterio for sure.

Yeah, I really like Mysterio, puts on some great matches and great feuds.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not everyone has to have Punk in their top 5 or 10. I mean while he is in mine I could see why he wouldn't be in others. Just all down to preference.