WWE's Top 5 In Ring Wrestlers.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chadillac

Reaction score
Note: I will start with 5 and 4, then 3 and 2, and then place #1.

5) Bryan

Bryan is pretty good in the ring. But at 5'8" and 185 lbs, he just isn't big enough to put on an all around wrestling clinic with the larger guys. But he more than makes up for that with a very quick and aggressive style. He can do some sound high flying techiques, mixed with a grounded mat based attack that allow him to excell, despite lack of size. But if you put him with guys his size, he can do it all.

4) Punk

Punk is deceptively strong for his small stature. Unlike Bryan, he can have an all around wrestling match with the larger guys. He is not the best "technical" wrestler, but rather relies on a sort of "Spot Fest" wrestling. However, when it comes to high flying, no current main eventer can do it as great as Punk. He has a fast based attack, with a mixure of kicks, puches, and leaps. But he can also take it to the groud and preform up to par. He is awesome at getting the crowd envolved with emotion.

3) Cody

At 6'2" and 215 lbs, he has just the right size to preform greatly with any opponent. He can go big and use a power based technique, or go small and preform on par with any cruiserweight. Cody is a Division A National Wrestling Champ in real life, and has used that to carry over beautifully inside the WWE ring. He is technicaly sound, methodical, aggressive, agile, greatly conditioned, athletic, and a great seller. He uses a mixture of power and agility that make his wrestling game great to watch. And he is constantly improving himself, and showing hunger to achive greatness.

2) Dolph

Much like Cody, Dolph is a workhorse. He also has a perfect size that allows him to use a power game, and agility at the same time. The combination of the two, power and agility, make him truely a great specimen. If you ask him to wrestle twice on the same PPV, he will do it, and preform to the level to make both matches the best of the night. He is constantly improving on every aspect of his game.

1) Orton

I dont see how this would even be debatable. He is so far and above everybody else when it comes to putting on an entertaining match. When Orton is on the card, you know you are getting a great match. At 6'4" and 235 lbs, anything he does is not only beliveable, no matter who his opponent is, but his matces tell a real in ring story. He mixes power with speed, agility, and a quickness that can be so deceptive, that even a simple cross body slam can ignite a crowd. He knows where and how to hit his spots, and uses them just at the right time to match the flow of the emotion in the crowd. He is extreemly methodical and sound when it comes to striking at just the right time, thus earning the name "The Viper", and will allways end the match in the peak of the emotion. The energy he creates in every arena is second to none as far as telling a true story through his matches. You can allways count on Orton delivering at the big event, and at the big moments. That's what fans ultimatly pay to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
This thread should already be over. Those are the top 2 in WWE in this subject.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Not taking that top 5 seriously, I've also noticed you put the female favorites/or good looking tanned ones whatever you want to call it as a guy in the top spots.

eg; Rhodes, Orton, Ziggler

Last edited:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'd probably agree, change Danielson for Sheamus.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
That is a ridiculous list.

I'm going to pretend I never read the opening post and list who I believe is really the top five best in ring performers in WWE currently.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. CM Punk
3. Dolph Ziggler
4. Chris Jericho
5. Alberto Del Rio

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
That is a ridiculous list.

I'm going to pretend I never read the opening post and list who I believe is really the top five best in ring performers in WWE currently.

1. Daniel Bryan
2. CM Punk
3. Dolph Ziggler
4. Chris Jericho
5. Alberto Del Rio

Uh, how is it a ridiculous list when you picked 4/5 the same as him?

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Uh, how is it a ridiculous list when you picked 4/5 the same as him?

I had 3 of his guys, not 4. Also, it was the way he ranked them. In no way, shape, or form should Orton and Rhodes be in the top five. They are good but not top five. Also, mine didn't have to do with height or weight.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
His list is actually pretty good though I wouldn't put Cody in the top 5. Guy is good but he wouldn't make my top 10 yet. The rest would be in my top 5 as well but I rank Punk and Bryan higher. Cena/Jericho would be in the top 5 of mine.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That reasoning for Bryan is so bullshit especially considering he just had a fantastic match with #1 on this list and still looked legit despite the height / weight disadvantage that seems to be important to Chad.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Didn't read the summery stuff originally since I figured it'd be full of nonsense I don't care about. Rey is small as hell but still one of the best wrestlers I've seen.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i told you dale bambi does not watch anyone in the ring except for Cody so of course he does not know danielson had a tremendous match with orton. I'll tell you how he watches SD okay, 1. looks at the crowd to see if its a sell out 2. Watch a Cody promo/match 3. stops watching the show.

my list

5. Christian/Jericho
4. Randy Orton
3. CM Punk
2. Rey Mysterio
1. Bryan Danielson