WWE WrestleMania 29 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I some what enjoyed Wrestlemania, it didn't feel much like a Wrestlemania to me expect for a few parts of it here and there.

My favorite match of the night was Undertaker and Punk closely followed by the Brock and Triple H match, I was pretty happy with The Shield winning, and probably one of the few happy Mark won over Ryback(Even if Ryback winning did make more sense, I just like Mark more :laugh: ) I just feel lately WWE can't make Wrestlemania feel like a Wrestlemania, they need to do something big next year for 30 to bring back that feeling of hey this show isn't like any other show. Let's just hope we don't get Rock Cena 3 next year

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Like I mentioned earlier, I was unable to see Wrestlemania, but I'm happy Henry and Del Rio won.

I'm also on board that Orton should have turned heel, because he is just so bland and stale as a face.

I'm also pissed because Punk lost. Eventhough, I knew The Undertaker is never going to lose at Wrestlemania.

Castiel

Reaction score
Enjoyed reading your guys thoughts a bit, hope the LD was rockin'! Sounds like it was a pretty good show despite it's results never being in doubt for the majority of the matches. I'm glad Cena has the strap again too, I'm pro Rock and it was kind of nice to see him with the belt again but him as champion really just doesn't work. Kind of sad to hear the 8 person tag got cut mainly just because Brodus was almost cut last year too. Not a big loss but so much unnecessary stuff that could've been cut instead it sounds like.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'll throw my thoughts in here.

The 6 man tag was a good opener. When you have all those good wrestlers, the match can't be too bad. Shield continuing their domination was a good thing but wasting the heel turn (if you want to call it that) on Big Show was annoying.

Ryback and Mark Henry just wasn't that good. It was more power than wrestling. Having Ryback lose then destroy Henry was pointless. Ryback should have just won the damn thing.

The tag match was basic stuff. A fun match to watch but nothing to get me out of my seat. Maybe not putting the tag title on Ziggler means he's cashing in soon... But I doubt it.

Jericho and Famdango put on the MOTN up to this point. Jericho shows once again how great he is and Fandango showed his potential. Chris is as unselfish as they come, hopefully they continue Fandango's push.

It's sad to see how far the world title has fallen. Giving it ten minutes was just bullshit. This was a television match and nothing more. It wasn't a bad match but not WM level. Hopefully their rematch at Extreme Rules will be much better. Kudos to Ricardo and Zeb though.

Undertaker and CM Punk were just fucking perfect. I was on the edge of my seat. Undertaker showed that at WrestleMania he can pull his broken down body to an amazing match. I really loved this and give major credit to both men.

Trips and Brock also delivered well. A total fucking brawl between to men who despise each other to hell. Brock did an A+ sell job and Triple H proved why he's the King of Kings. It makes me miss the TV-14 days.

John Cena and the Rock delivered in the main event and Cena gained his much needed redemption. It was an excellent match that had a lot of dramatic kick outs and great moments. This match did the trick for me so I'm happy for that.

Overall a good WrestleMania. Nothing much to complain about really. I hope WWE makes next year's WM the best ever.

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Enjoyed reading your guys thoughts a bit, hope the LD was rockin'! Sounds like it was a pretty good show despite it's results never being in doubt for the majority of the matches. I'm glad Cena has the strap again too, I'm pro Rock and it was kind of nice to see him with the belt again but him as champion really just doesn't work. Kind of sad to hear the 8 person tag got cut mainly just because Brodus was almost cut last year too. Not a big loss but so much unnecessary stuff that could've been cut instead it sounds like.

I'm just glad someone has the strap who won't gas in 5 minutes.

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Cena's run won't be that long I am calling it now...

actually more hoping it's true

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Cena's run won't be that long I am calling it now...

actually more hoping it's true
The real question is who he'd drop it to though? Since it appears Punk is taking a couple of months off, he isn't a choice, and there's pretty much nobody else on Raw that can realistically hold that title (WWE's fault of course). I honestly can't think of anyone else on the roster who is at a high enough level to be the WWE Champion, which speaks volumes to how awfully booked their product is.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I was not aware Punk was taking time off...

Wade Barrett could be due for a title run

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Have Mark Henry just pummel the shit out of Cena and take the belt. That'd be awesome.

EDIT: Aaaaannnnndddddd we have just beat last years LD record. Pat yourselves on the back.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Wade Barrett could be due for a title run
You mean the guy that just had a totally unmemorable run with the IC belt? I don't think he's nearly over enough to hold the company's top belt and honestly, who would he feud with? I guess they could program him with Sheamus for awhile and I wouldn't have a problem with it at all, outside of Barrett not being WWE Champion material at the moment. Seriously, I won't be shocked at all if Big Show ends up being Cena's opponent after his 567,978th turn last night.

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Oh I know, we really don't need to see that again, but I just wouldn't put it past them at this point. Thankfully it's a lot more likely that Show will end up in a feud with Orton, which could lead to some decent matches.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Guys, Ryback looks like a top contender to me.