WWE WrestleMania 29 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
Thought the show was lackluster until Punk/Taker. That was terrific.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I didn't even know Rock had a daughter :lol:

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Thought the show was lackluster until Punk/Taker. That was terrific.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah they kickstarted the top three matches and WrestleMania ended with a bang.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Hey guys have to be up in 5 hours so glad this was a great LD and a decent WM this year. I have hated the last few so I don't feel let down this year. Thanks to all who came out

Exactly my thoughts. Good night.

Sent from my Galaxy S III using Tapatalk 2

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I wanted this to get up to 99 pages but I guess not tonight.

What a WrestleMania, what an LD, what a night.

Time to get some sleep before school tomorrow.

Everybody show up for Raw tomorrow. Good night

Gentleman Jake

You Must Have Me Confused with Someone Far Less Awesome
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
that's 99 in total including the post talk so we should make it anyway

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
that's 99 in total including the post talk so we should make it anyway
:this:

We actually had more posts during the live show than last year.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Alright, I'm back here I had to head on home, I wasn't at home for Wrestlemania

Anyway guys so proud of you all, you did great tonight :laugh: sorry for my little crap about us not being able to break the record, I just am on a way different post per page thing so I'm sorry if I seemed mean about it

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
whatever queer you and your super post per page ways aren't welcomed here

lol

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
whatever queer you and your super post per page ways aren't welcomed here

lol

:laugh: Well I mean I guess I just set mine up as high it can go

I could be going to Wrestlemania next year guys!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Now that I've sobered up a bit, here's some thoughts...

Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show vs. The Shield - Great call for the opener and a pretty spirited match for the most part. While The Shield winning is a good thing for sure, I'm wondering what direction they're going to go with the other three guys now. This would have been a great opportunity to turn either Orton or Sheamus but instead they just used Show, which means nothing given how often he does that. I hate to be cynical but this is just more WWE autopilot booking, which they seem to be amazing at these days.

The tag match was cancelled because of this commercial break for Be A Star.

Mark Henry vs. Ryback - A guy I was with said it best, "this looks like slow-motion". Honestly, I like both of these guys, Henry a lot, but this was poor stuff. Cool Shellshock at the end though.

The tag match was cancelled because of this commercial break for action figures.

Hell No vs. Ziggler/Langston - Good little match here but nothing I wouldn't expect to see on television. Whether it's WWE's booking or simply apathy on my part, I no longer care about Ziggler. That's a shame, but perhaps a step in the right direction is just around the corner via a cash-in. No point in putting the tag belts on him since he'll be holding the bigger belt soon enough, so good result here. Fans love Hell No, there's no denying Daniel Bryan!!

The tag match was cancelled because of this commercial break for John Cena vs. The Rock

Chris Jericho vs. Fandango - Outside of the fact that I see no need for this match to be on 'Mania, it was among the best work to that point in the show. Jericho really made Fandango look good while Curtis did enough to warrant some attention. Regardless of the gimmick, Curtis is a guy that has massive potential, so they should get to working on that right away. Jericho "gets" his job so well he's pretty much the best employee WWE has, Cena be damned!

The tag match was cancelled because of P. Diddy...seriously.

Alberto Del Rio vs. Jack Swagger - Again, this just felt like television stuff to me, definitely not worthy of being on a show this big. I think Del Rio is better as a face, but that the Swagger angle didn't give him a lot of chance to exploit that. Ricardo Rodriguez rules though, and seems to be more over than anyone else involved here, so maybe they should push him instead.

:yeah:

LIVING COLOUR!!

The Undertaker vs. CM Punk - So yeah, the outcome was never in doubt, but they had the MOTN all the same. They told multiple stories within, and each of them echoed the build which was a really nice touch. I also felt the nearfall sequences were done well; the urn to the head nearfall had half the people I was watching with jump out of their seats. Undertaker vs. Lesnar next year seems to be the current party line...it's going to have a hell of a time topping this one.

The tag match was cancelled because of this commercial break for John Cena vs. The Rock...again.

HHH vs. Brock Lesnar - My own feelings on the business aspect of this match aside, I loved this. Just an all out war between two true titans of the company and one full of rage and animosity. These two guys wanted to kill each other and it showed in their performance, nearly stealing the show from the previous match. Love Lesnar, love HHH, and I wish it could have turned out differently...but it didn't so fuck it, can't let it ruin my year or anything. :lol:

The tag match was cancelled because of this commercial break for next years Wrestlemania and its commercial breaks.

John Cena vs. The Rock - I thought it was good, at times almost great, but seemed to lack the big match feel of last year. That's probably due to it being both "twice" in a lifetime and a forgeone conclusion as to the winner. For what it's worth, I'm glad Cena's champ again, if only because Rocky can't be there to do it. However, if Big Show is his first challenger...I'm sharpening the spoon!

All in all, a show saved by its final three matches, but not one of the best Wrestlemania's ever. If anything, this autopilot booking I mentioned before is just killing all interest I had in resuming my weekly RAW watching. I guess I should thank WWE for giving me a reason to look for other things to do on Monday nights. :lol:

Oh and I feel like giving out medals for tonight so here you go...

Gold - The Undertaker (continues to bring it even if "it" only happens once a year)
Silver - Brock Lesnar (one of the best sell jobs I've seen in years with the Kimura)
Bronze - Chris Jericho (made Fandango look good and understands his role better than everyone else)

Just missed - CM Punk (it takes two to tango), Paul Heyman (brilliant on the outside in two matches), Living Colour (one of the best live song performances in years)

Death Dealer

Feel the Heat
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
I wish this show had ended after Taker/Punk. Lesnar/HHH had some great moments but I just wasn't that into it, same goes for the main. Undercard was pretty fun tho

Gentleman Jake

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
excellent review Fuji...

The Shield getting rub was good but I was really hoping for the much needed Orton heel turn but alas it's just Show not getting along with anyone

Ryback to me should have gotten the rub on this one and the match should have gone a little longer

Fandango was the right call on that one and Jericho does his job and really you can tell he takes pleasure in making new superstars

Taker v Punk was the match of the night and although I would have loved to see Punk get the streak breaker rub it was still great

Trips v Brock also went the way I had hoped and still made Brock look like a monster while keeping the Games legacy in tact...

i skipped the main even cuz my comp was acting squirrelly and I didn't care about it at all..

like I ranted earlier all the filler vignettes, toy commercials, movie commercials, and P Diddy really kept the tag match from happening and although it wasn't gonna be awesome I feel for the participants cuz this is what they work all year for and for Sandow and Clay this was gonna be their first Mania moment...those two both have bright futures and it's a shame they get bumped because of all the filler shit

Postman Dave

Reaction score
To sum up the show in a few words: "Good, but not great".

Everything was perfectly acceptable and I felt nothing (except for Diddy, but I can't blame the superstars for that :lol:) was outwardly bad. But at the same time, I felt nothing will be particularly memorable in the long run. People would be raving if this was a B-PPV, but for Wrestlemania it just needed that one spark.

That said, I came away feeling a lot better about this show than the last two, so a definite thumbs up. Instead of going in depth, I'll just list my highlights and gripes:

Highlights:

- Taker no selling the GTS and just hitting a tombstone in retaliation
- Living Colour being better than every modern music act from the last ten wrestlemania's
- Rock constantly going back to the Rock Bottom, despite Cena kicking out of it 3 times already
- Brock's selling of the Kimura, believable enough for me to have my nerd rage typed up and ready to post
- Ryback being a freak of nature again
- Jack Swagger getting the off-camera jobber entrance during Wrestlemania

Gripes:

- Ryback coming out of the encounter on top, getting the biggest moment of the match, but still losing somehow
- The dead crowd following Taker/Punk
- Brock Lesnar's credibility continuing to be undercut every time he's booked
- 3(!) vignettes during the PPV I'VE ALREADY BOUGHT AND CURRENTLY WATCHING for Rock/Cena 2
- People actually being upset Tons of Funk/Rhodes Scholars got tossed from the show as if it was the deal breaker for anyone buying

Last edited by a moderator:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Here are my thoughts.

1. Ryback should have won but seemed to injure himself in the match or afterwards. A nice victory for him would have cemented him.

2. Would have preferred Orton to turn instead of show and thought he was going to for one second and he didn't. The Shield got a nice victory that they needed.

3. The match with Taker and Punk was great but not phenomenal and taker just showed why he is the man again even if punk helped to carry the match.

4. I like the hhh/lesnar match but knew HHH was winning after the stip that was placed on the match. A different stip would have made this better so HHH could have lost.

5. I was bored of Cena/rock until near the end and the fact that Cena let Rock stand in the ring afterwards was great.

I think the motorized things they used in a prior WM would have helped make thing seem bigger as it would have been better for them and why didn't the rock or Cena have grand entrances like HHH or taker it would have made the match even better.

The highlight for me was seeing Bruno which got a lot of news coverage here in Pittsburgh.