• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WWE Summerslam 2009 Discussion Thread

Soulpower

Picks in bold:

Kane vs. Great Khali
Jack Swagger vs. MVP
DX vs. Legacy (I'm just hoping its not a squash!)
Rey Mysterio vs. Dolph Ziggler
Jericho/Show vs Cryme Tyme
Regal vs. Christian
Orton vs. Cena
Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

Yeah, I'm picking Jeff to retain tonight. Don't get me wrong, I'm rooting for Punk. Thing is, word going around is that Jeff is scheduled for RAW AND SD this week. It wouldn't surprise me to see WWE "swerve the fans" by having Jeff retain, then have him drop the strap later in the week.

the dark knight

wwe.com said:
Which match do you look forward to most at SummerSlam?

Randy Orton vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship 14.89 % 52086 Votes

Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk for the World Heavyweight Championship 42.75 % 149511 Votes

DX vs. The Legacy 42.35 % 148125 Votes

lol theres your top "draw" and your "top heel"

edit-

i cant tell if its because both suck or because people remembered how bad their match was at the last summeslam. did i mention i literally fell asleep 3 mins in?

Wordlife

Kane vs. Great Khali
Jack Swagger vs. MVP
DX vs. Legacy
Regal vs. Christian
Orton vs. Cena
Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

xtremebadass

Here's my predictions...

Kane vs. Great Khali
Jack Swagger vs. MVP
DX vs. Legacy
Regal vs. Christian
Orton vs. Cena
Punk vs. Jeff Hardy

kingovkings

Reaction score
A more sensible prediction instead of all my heel winners lol
Here's who i think will win
Kane
MVP
Dx. Im praying They dont totally Squash Legacy, Id love Legacy to win.
Dolph
Jericho/BigShow
Hardy
Orton
Christian

The Rated R CMStar

Or maybe its the fact that for the second year in the row, WWE thinks a Cena match is so damn big that it doesn't need any building or hype, just one promo the week before

kingovkings

Reaction score
W O W that was the best PPV ive seen in a looooooooong time. Fucking Awesome from start to finish. Its 4am and im so hyped im never gonna get to sleep.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
This Pay Per View was great in all the right places.

Ziggler Vs. Mysterio, delivered

Swagger Vs. MVP, stream crapped out so it was over before I could even find a new one.

Jerishow Vs. Cryme Tyme was actually great. JTG pulled out ALL the stops, and I'm officially a big JTG fan. He broke the walls of jericho, but might of actually won if it wasn't for Big Shows falcon punch. Great tag team action.

Kane Vs. Khali, good for what it was, I mean it was better than to be expected. Still a low point for the PPV, but Kane is on a 5 match winning streak so I wont complain.

DX Vs. Legacy, was excellent. I am so happy that they put over Legacy by making them seem like they could of legitimately won. Hell even Triple H fucking sold offense. I am just thankful it wasn't a squash. Anyone with half a brain knew they weren't going to win, so I'm glad they were at least given a huge rub.

Christian Vs. William Regal, was a black spot like Kane Vs. Khali. Because these two could of done SO much more, and considering ECW is the best hour of wrestling each week, they should get more than just 2 seconds on Summerslam. But I suppose this coupled with those annoying "PPV weekend experience" videos helped to cool down the crowd after a great match between DX and Legacy.

John Cena Vs. Randy Orton was GREAT. Fucking hilarious shit. they PLANTED a fan to make it seem like the finish to the PPV was completely fucked, but Orton won all along with a double RKO on Cena. The fact that he tried to get DQ'd, then counted out, THEN won with his foots on the ropes, and THEN was gonna lose, only to get a fan run in and stop it, and THEN finally win. I was cracking my ass up the entire time. I'm just glad "I refuse to put anyone over" John Cena is not the champion. And I hate Orton.

And the main event, what can you NOT say great about this match? Punk and Jeff beat the SHIT out of each other, and the right man won. Absolutely great spots in this match, so any Jeff haters can shut up because 1) he's gone and 2) this is like, the 100th billion time he's had a great PPV main event with someone.

Then to top it all off, we got an UNDERTAKER return by chokeslamming the fuck out of CM Punk. Which is gonna set off a GREAT feud for September. I gotta say, as crappy as WWE is on a weekly basis, they delivered on this PPV.

gashface

Reaction score
good pay-per-view by WWE. The TLC match was awesome and I was actually really impressed with DX Vs. Legacy.

Anybody else burst out laughing at Lilians fuck up 'And NEW wwe champion... Randy Orton' botchhhh haha

Reaction score
good pay-per-view by WWE. The TLC match was awesome and I was actually really impressed with DX Vs. Legacy.

Anybody else burst out laughing at Lilians fuck up 'And NEW wwe champion... Randy Orton' botchhhh haha

Haha yeah, I wasn't sure if I heard her correctly, but I guess i did lol.
Overall a decent PPV, some solid matches, and that Swanton was insane.