WWE Summerslam 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Soulpower

Its the biggest party of the summer... However, there will not be any alcohol served since this is now rated PG :shifty:

Here's the current card:

World Heavyweight Championship Match:Jeff Hardy (c) vs CM Punk (TLC Match)​
WWE Title Match:Randy Orton (c) vs John Cena
ECW Championship MatchChristian (c) vs William Regal​
DX (HHH & Shawn Michaels) vs Legacy (Rhodes & Dibiase)

Intercontinental Title Match:Rey Mysterio (c) vs Dolph Ziggler​
WWE Unified Tag Titles Match:Chris Jericho & Big Show (c) vs Cryme Tyme​
MVP vs Jack Swagger
Kane vs The Great Khali​

I'm going to hate myself for saying this. LET'S GO CENA!

Airfixx

Its the biggest party of the summer... However, there will not be any alcohol served since this is now rated PG :shifty:

Sorry, but I'm confused.... This means we can still celebrate after with Jeff & a bag of meth after, right? ...Being the heroic, StraightEdge-beating kids-choice face, n'all that.

:roll:

kingovkings

Reaction score
LMAO at both above =].
Anyhow Im liking Orton vs Cena at SS, It's Trips away from Orton and the title. Im assuming we will have DX vs Legacy on the card but will have to wait and see. But with the card as it stands so far im happy with it.

Soulpower

This means we can still celebrate after with Jeff & a bag of meth after, right?

Of course! Hell, you might even get a run with the WHC if you do enough meth to impress the higher-ups.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
I want Cena to win the WWE Title at SummerSlam. I don't care who holds the title as long as it's NOT Orton.

kingovkings

Reaction score
I want Cena to win the WWE Title at SummerSlam. I don't care who holds the title as long as it's NOT Orton.

Why not Orton ? He is awesome not that i mark for him or anything but he is the next best heel since HHH and Edge he is wicked at what he does and has come along way the last year or so. Id like to see Orton hold the title beyond SS. I'm also glad Cena is in the title picture too. So why the hate for Orton ?

Batistafan333

Reaction score
Why not Orton ? He is awesome not that i mark for him or anything but he is the next best heel since HHH and Edge he is wicked at what he does and has come along way the last year or so. Id like to see Orton hold the title beyond SS. I'm also glad Cena is in the title picture too. So why the hate for Orton ?

Well...I think I've changed my mind. I would like Orton to keep the title until Batista returns and have Batista take it from him.

To answer your question about why I don't like Orton. I just don't like him. His character is just too sick. Hope that answers your question.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
The Cena v Orton match will turn into a triple threat or fatal 4 way. Batista will re-emerge and gain entry into the match, and HHH may still participate. Prediction: Batista wins his 5th World Title

Batistafan333

Reaction score
The Cena v Orton match will turn into a triple threat or fatal 4 way. Batista will re-emerge and gain entry into the match, and HHH may still participate. Prediction: Batista wins his 5th World Title

Correction it will be Batista's 6th World Title. The last one does count right? I know he wasn't Champion but for one day.

The Rated R CMStar

Batista won't even be clear to wrestle by Summerslam. I mean, they have Survivor Series as their goal return date and even that is a stretch. As for HHH, the only way he doesn't end up in a tag match with HBK at Summerslam is WWE giving us a HELL of a swerve.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
WCW4Ever's Predicted Summerslam Card w Outcomes

1. Punk v Hardy v Morrison w Morrison the victor. Morrison has developed into one of the most technically gifted performers to emerge since Flair and Hart, w charismatic potential to someday rank among the best. He is the best looking star maybe ever, and the Fed. can build on him.

2. Orton v Cena v Batista v HHH, w Batista the victor. Don't forget there are several episodes of Raw to come, and Batista is sure to make a "surprise" return. He gets his just vengeance at Summerslam.

3. HBK v Taker in a rematch of maybe the greatest WWE match ever. HBK goes over since Taker has no streak on the line and HBK did the job at WM25.

Just my speculations. Any thoughts?

The Rated R CMStar

1) Nor Taker or Batista are going to get cleared in time for the event

2) If you really don't see HBK and HHH tagging, you are truly blind. Like I said, unless WWE gives a huge swerve, there's no way DX is not coming back.

3) Did you really just day Morrison is technically gifted? Morrison is impressive indeed, a complete athlete, but technical is not something that comes to mind with him.

Klide

#2 seems really ligit and so does #3 if either taker or hbk show up sometime before ss for a build up(which I don't want seeing). But #1 I don't really see it's most likely going to be punk and hardy once again. But who knows right. Great predictions.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
WCW4Ever's Predicted Summerslam Card w Outcomes

1) Nor Taker or Batista are going to get cleared in time for the event

2) If you really don't see HBK and HHH tagging, you are truly blind. Like I said, unless WWE gives a huge swerve, there's no way DX is not coming back.

3) Did you really just day Morrison is technically gifted? Morrison is impressive indeed, a complete athlete, but technical is not something that comes to mind with him.

1. Taker has already appeared on Smackdown since WM25.

2. Instead of calling me blind, let on a glimpse of your source of clairvoyance on Batista's condition.

3. Cena v Orton is old hat and no one wants to see it again. If I'm wrong on Batista, you're blind if you believe Summerslam will main event a simple Cena v Orton one-on-one.

4. DX v Jericho & Show would be a great match and I'll give you credit for good match-making.

5. John Morrison has already beaten CM Punk TWICE on Smackdown and is the future of the brand. He's gifted, has mic skills and the look.

If you think I'm short-sighted, try to match me on the History of wrestling which I have a library of tapes and books of.

PeepShow

I guess I haven't been watching WWE as much lately, but where are you guys getting DX ideas from?