WWE Summerslam 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Ziggler vs Mysterio: Guess Mr.619 really does has a stroke backstage. Awesome match, just incredible. Mysterio was in the zone (I mean, he didnt botch that catapult turn into a moonsault move in the beginning :shifty:) and Ziggler is awesome, pretty much like Rey. Please, give me a rematch.

Swagger vs MVP: Pretty much the same as Scoops, stream died. Awesome promo by MVP though.

Tag Team Match: JTG earned his paycheck. Jericho and Big Show did their usual job, but JTG earned his money,

Khali vs Kane: Didnt pay attention, just like I havent to their entire feud.

DX vs Legacy: It was like a fucking curse. My stream didnt show me the opening of the PPV with the DX skit and then it died right when DX made their entrance. Came back when they were in the ring and then died once again when they cut their promo. It was set that I didnt watch DX. Thankfully, I watch the entire match. I thought Legacy was going to win (and no, not only for the lagging of the stream :shifty:) Glad HBK got the pin and the fact that HHH actually gave HBK a hot tag.

Christian vs Regal: The same shit they did last year with the ECW title match.

Cena vs Orton: You know this two are big match players when they wrestle a match with no hype, practically no given heat besides the one that they could still have from 2007, they are not even closing the show, and they still manage to make you feel they are the absolute main event. Finish was genius imo.

Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk: This match felt as if Jeff Hardy said "Nah, fuck it, I am leaving, I might as well fuck up myself badly". Every spot made my cringe. Taker returning was awesome.

WWE, thank you. Awesome PPV, and in defeat you managed to put over Ziggler and Legacy. MVP is now in perfect position for a push, CM Punk is cemented as a main eventer (altough if they do Taker vs Punk at Breaking Point, I dont see Taker tapping out tbh) and they have the chance to make Jeff Hardy a complete megastar when he returns, all depending on how he goes out.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
The most hilarious thing about this ppv was that Cena lost to Orton 4 times in one night. Within 15 minutes maybe. Talk about burial.

Soulpower

The TLC match and the aftermath was flat-out great!

It was basically goodbye Jeff, welcome back Taker. I loved how they did a bit of a tease with the lights flickering and Punk just looking around, then celebrating, then boom, Chokeslam!

And that Swanton was just nasty... In a good way.

Now to watch the rest of the show.

Batistafan333

Reaction score
DX vs Legacy was a great match.

Jeff Hardy vs CM Punk was good and the best part was Undertaker's return. I hope Taker takes the World Title from Punk.

Soulpower

Quick match ratings:

Dolph Ziggler vs Rey Mysterio (***1/2)
Jack Swagger vs MVP (**)
Cryme Tyme vs Jericho & Show (**1/2)
Kane vs The Great Khali (*)
DX vs Legacy (****)
Christian vs William Regal (No rating)
John Cena vs Randy Orton (***)
CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy (****1/2)

Arguably WWE's best PPV this year.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Rey/Ziggler (***1/2)Awesome

Swagger/MVP(***)Good promo by MVP

Cryme tyme/Jerishow(***) JTG was on fire.

Kane/Khali(**) Better than i expected.

Christian/Regal =/

DX(****) Off the hook, Entrance was Awesome got crowd pumped. They really put over Legacy and made them look strong and credible. Made them look like they could actually win. Nice Little rub for Legacy.

Cena/Orton (***1/2) There match was good. The Ending was mint, I loved it was very Entertaing and made you second guess who was actually gonna win.

Punk/Hardy(****1/2)AWESOME Great match they didnt hold back and there was some sick bumps took. Hardy went out with a bang. Right result. I would have had this at **** With DX Match. But with the surprise Taker twist Which made me marked big time and Jeff's sick Swanton it deserves ****1/2.

The whole PPV was Wicked i enjoyed it from start to finish. IMO the best PPV match for match they have done in a looooooong time.

Airfixx

Surprised to see THIS good a response to the show tbh (Backlash > Summerslam IMO). Don’t get me wrong, it was a good, solid show... A few personal disappointments didn’t help tho’...

*Ziggler lost again. : (
*Christian v Regal on Superstars was fucking awesome so was totally gutted that for all intents and purposes they didn’t even have a match.
*As much as the false endings in the Orton/Cena match was fun, it seemed out of place to me at such a big event (More suited to one of the lesser PPVs IMO). I was looking forward to something a bit more decisive. Somewhere round these parts, someone called it “genius”... A massive over-reaction IMO. Tho’ Jillian’s verbal botch somewhat unsteadied things too.
*MVP looks like shit; even after that win it didn’t feel like he was any better off.... The crowds more often than not are totally indifferent to him and the reaction to this win was v.weak.

On the up-side...

*Kane & Khali was as good, if not better, than we could have hoped (I still think they missed out by not having boiler room brawl tho’).
*JTG.... Thoroughly impressed... Whereas Shad is just dead-weight IMO – Just imagine if MVP was the other guy in Cryme Tyme!!!
*Rey v Ziggler delivered (bad vibes at the early staged though - Thought we were about to sit through a Mysterio botch-fest).
*DX/Legacy... Could we have realistically asked for any more? I’d have thought even the most hardened smark would have doubted DX were gonna get the job done... Ted & Cody looked great. Mission accomplished.
*TLC was excellent; particularly in the context for the fued.
*No Divas. : P

Not looking forward to this week’s Raw... Cena presumably whinging his way into a rematch (even though he was given all the chances in the world on Sunday night)... Assuming DX/Legacy is just getting started, let’s face it they’ve just teamed up the two potential fresh ME faces (MVP/Henry), so who else is there?

Lastly, yeah, Taker appearing at the end was very cool, but why the chokeslam? ...Far from his usual m.o. - He usually just fucks with peeps to let them know he's coming for their title.

Ballin

Reaction score
[YT]<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ucp8HW7rjOY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ucp8HW7rjOY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>[/YT]

Check it out.

DOA Pro Wrestling

Reaction score
The Orton/Cena match got a little crazy and fucked up with Lillian botching, but it all worked out in the end...