WWE Summerslam 2009 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

^^spoilers, rumors threads.

i did think about it when i watched raw though. legacy have been bothering triple h for quite a while and 2 on 1 wont be good enough. hbk will interfere. hopefully.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
I guess I haven't been watching WWE as much lately, but where are you guys getting DX ideas from?

The DX idea is coming from a booking possibly seeing HHH and HBK challenging the current Unified Tag Champs, Jericho & Big Show. It's a good idea but I favour an HBK v Taker rematch. The guy I just quoted and partly rebutted thinks Taker can't wrestle, but he missed his appearance and victory on Smackdown. And Morrison is the next cross between Flair and Hart, and has beaten Punk TWICE on TV already. Cena v Orton alone is bad booking and will change, probably to include Batista. What do you think?:strongsad:

kingovkings

Reaction score
1 IMO i really dont see Tista been back in time for SS. And i really dont want to see him if I'm Honest.Even though we have see Cena/Orton zillions of times, They will put on a good match. It will be bollocks for Tista to nip in and take the title. Id much prefer Orton to retain or Cena take it than Batista.

2 If DX reunite for SS which i DO see happening then it will be legacy they face not Jericho/Show.

3 I also dont see Taker been back for SS. And definitely not to face HBK. But if indeed Taker is fit enough. Then maybe Taker/HBK as a HUGE swerve possibly, But i think it's a very very big long shot. And it will be HBK and Trips DX Time :)

Airfixx

As for HHH, the only way he doesn't end up in a tag match with HBK at Summerslam is WWE giving us a HELL of a swerve.

Why would that be a swerve? They've shown nothing to hint at a DX run; nor that HBK will return at Summerslam.

WCW4Ever said:
try to match me on the History of wrestling which I have a library of tapes and books of.

LOL... Beware... MANZ HAS TAPES & BOOKS!!!

Who was the first WWE wrestler to ever wrestle in the UK whilst working for said Fed? (i.e. Finlay, Regal & Bulldogs don't count.)

...and LOL @ whoever said, "no-one wants to see that" re Cena/Orton. Bollocks! ...Hell, I wanna see them MEvent WM!

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
Why would that be a swerve? They've shown nothing to hint at a DX run; nor that HBK will return at Summerslam.

LOL... Beware... MANZ HAS TAPES & BOOKS!!!

Who was the first WWE wrestler to ever wrestle in the UK whilst working for said Fed? (i.e. Finlay, Regal & Bulldogs don't count.)

...and LOL @ whoevee wants to see that" re Cena/Orton. Bollocks! ...Hell, I wanna see them MEvent WM!

Cena v Orton has been done before and there's no special heat between them. Batista in a caste v Orton v HHH is the best booking for Summerslam and I'll stick by that call, w Batista winning his 5th or 6th title.

WCW4Ever

Reaction score
1) Nor Taker or Batista are going to get cleared in time for the event

2) If you really don't see HBK and HHH tagging, you are truly blind. Like I said, unless WWE gives a huge swerve, there's no way DX is not coming back.

3) Did you really just day Morrison is technically gifted? Morrison is impressive indeed, a complete athlete, but technical is not something that comes to mind with him.

Batista does not need to be medically sound to compete. He can beat Orton w one arm. And if you continue w your puerile generalizations, I'll call you out in Hell in a Thread and you'll find out who's "truly blind" and who's the real wrestling expert, PUNK.

Airfixx

Cena v Orton has been done before and there's no special heat between them. Batista in a caste v Orton v HHH is the best booking for Summerslam and I'll stick by that call, w Batista winning his 5th or 6th title.

Firstly, predict what you like, that doesn't alter the fact that the statement I contradicted was WRONG.

Secondly, the fact that Cena has already won the title-shot (and had done at the point of your posting) tells me you'll be WRONG once more.

As for your reply to CMS...

LOL.... If you don't like "generalisations" you should stop making them like the one I contradicted above.

...and, Hell In A Thread hasn't been active for months, so enjoy your hatrick of WRONG-ness... P-U-N-K! :rofl-at-ya:

p.s. The rep I just gave you was meant to be negative... Just so we're clear.

Edit: Just clocked you ignored my trivia question... It was only intended as a bit of fun, but your ignoring it altogether speaks volumes.

The Rated R CMStar

I just said on another thread that I am not debating with you, but I just had to reply to this post:

1. Taker has already appeared on Smackdown since WM25

He appeared once in Superstars and maybe once on Smackdown, altough I am not sure about the latter. Since then, he decided to have surgery and is currently in rehab. Reports say he will be working to return at Breaking Point, and while that leaves the door open for an early, shocking Summerslam return, reading the Smackdown spoilers and the fact that Shawn Michaels hasn't returned to this date and if he does he will do it with 3 weeks left for the build up; let's say Taker returns at Smackdown, the actual agreement of the match would come on Raw with only 2 weeks of build up, and I see that very difficult to happen.

. Cena v Orton is old hat and no one wants to see it again.

Sure, nobody does. Keep riding that horse.

4. DX v Jericho & Show would be a great match and I'll give you credit for good match-making.
The DX idea is coming from a booking possibly seeing HHH and HBK challenging the current Unified Tag Champs, Jericho & Big Show. It's a good idea but I favour an HBK v Taker rematch

Where in the blue hell did you get that I say DX vs Y2Show? Trust me, that ain't happening. DX will face Legacy at Summerslam, and you can quote me on that one.

5. John Morrison has already beaten CM Punk TWICE on Smackdown and is the future of the brand. He's gifted, has mic skills and the look.

The fact that he beat CM Punk is completely irrelevant. As for the rest, at any point did I say he wasn't all that? I said it already, he's a magnificent wrestler, but when you say TECHNICAL, you think of Chris Benoit, Kurt Angle, not John Morrison.

thinks Taker can't wrestle, but he missed his appearance and victory on Smackdown

And you seem to have missed the time lapse between Backlash and today.

If you think I'm short-sighted, try to match me on the History of wrestling which I have a library of tapes and books of.

Oh won't do sir, I mean, you have already blown me away with your amazing ability to not distinguish between kayfabe and reality, that added to your vast knowledge in polish wrestlers.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Summerslam so far looks like itll be another dissapointing year..

Cena vs Orton was the main event for the same PPV 2 years ago. And it didnt deliever at all..Raws main event has gotten stale and boring within the past few months..HHH, Cena, Orton, Batista. Thats it..All of the thinking in the world couldnt help me come up with a way to freshen it up though. So I dont blame WWE for going with their "Austin v Rock" of todays era for the main event of this one.

Legacy vs DX is looking more and more likely latley as well. This is unfortunante as well because DX isnt very entertaining anymore. They are just merchandise selling gimmicks. But then again Raw has nothing really to work with so this one isnt very questionable either.

Y2J/Show will defend their titles against a team that I already know of because of spoilers..This is a good match..gives an underused team time to shine.

Jeff Hardy will probably be defending the title..but I have no clue against who. I'd say either Rey, Punk, or a long shot in John Morrison. Rey could be a good choice as they could do title for title or have him drop the IC title to Ziggler before SummerSlam..But I think that wont happen until SS, leaving Rey out of the world title. Punk, well we've now seen it one too many times unless they pull out a gimmick match but even that would be stale. Morrison is definatly a future champ but I dont know if WWE wants Face vs Face or Morrison in general in a main event at SS. So this one can go many ways

Im thinking we will see Christian vs Kozlov or something like that come ECW title match time..If not that then Jackson vs Kozlov and Christian vs Regal or someone like that.

Rey vs Ziggler is likely with Ziggler winning the strap

US Title I can see Kofi vs MVP vs Swagger vs The Miz

nothing else really that I can predict..SummerSlam seems like its gonna be beattt.

the dark knight

taker appeared on smackdown/superstars after WM25? i know i hadn't started watching SD again before jericho got drafted but where have i been?

The Rated R CMStar

He wrestled one match on Superstars against Matt Hardy the week of the draft.

Airfixx

"Legacy vs DX is looking more and more likely latley as well"

FFS, you smark-asses!

...IT'S NOT "LOOKING LIKELY" - YOU SIMPLY READ SPOILERS!!!!!

the dark knight

Batista does not need to be medically sound to compete. He can beat Orton w one arm. And if you continue w your puerile generalizations, I'll call you out in Hell in a Thread and you'll find out who's "truly blind" and who's the real wrestling expert, PUNK.
whats hell in a thread?

Airfixx

^^^Aye, I clocked that earlier... Suggests to me this guy was previously a member when there WAS such a section in the IWFs.