WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

^^Actually Moron,
In February, Midway filed for bankruptcy and then the company decided to use cash collateral to keep their company alive. Looks like the company will not need to hang by a financial string anymore because the company was bought by Warner Brothers for $33 million.

As part of the deal, Warner Brothers will get most of Midway’s assets. And some of the legal disputes existing between creditors, senior executives, and major stakeholder Mark Thomas have been resolved.

Some of the companies that objected to the Warner Brothers sale include Hollywood production company Threshold Entertainment, which produced two Mortal Kombat movies. Tigon Studios Inc., a company founded by Vin Diesel also objected to the sale. Tigon and Midway both worked on a video game called Wheelman which starred Diesel. All of the objections were resolved.

ChicagoTribune

As far as TNA iMPACT is concerned,

Here is the latest on the TNA video game situation. When Midway filed for bankruptcy, the game was lost in the shuffle, as Warner Bros. did not pick up the game when they acquired Midway.

Sources in TNA say that they are perusing the game, and that the right to the game may bounce back to TNA since Warner Bros. did not purchase them. If that is the case, TNA would then have a game in hand so to speak to hand over to a potential distributor.

TNA's Steven Godfrey said that the company had no comment on the situation.

TNAWrestlingnews.com

noumenon

I remember hearing that TNA actually wasn't going to pursue a sequel for the time being anyway. Probably not a bad move on their behalf..lol.

Kassidy

Reaction score
^^Actually Moron,

As far as TNA iMPACT is concerned,

TNAWrestlingnews.com

LOL you made proving you wrong fun, so Moron read this

Chicago video-game publisher Midway Games has agreed to sell "substantially all" of the assets related to its San Diego studio to THQ Inc., a California-based game maker, for $200,000.

The San Diego studio is responsible for Midway's TNA Wrestling game and was excluded from Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.'s $49 million purchase of most of Midway's other assets, including studios in Seattle and Chicago.

In a Friday filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, Midway said THQ made job offers to at least 40 employees in the San Diego office and may interview and extend offers to more workers. About 100 employees work at the studio. At the beginning of July, Midway had filed a Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act in California to provide a 60-day notice of its plans to close the San Diego location. However, the company continued to entertain bids for the facility.

The deal with THQ is subject to approval by the judge overseeing Midway's Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings. THQ and Warner Bros. also have to sign an agreement to share certain intellectual property. The regulatory filing said the two companies already have agreed on terms.

In the same filing, Midway also said it has reached agreements to sell all the shares of its wholly owned subsidiaries in Germany, France and England. The new owners of the stock are current Europe-based Midway executives who will leave their positions when the deals close, Midway said.

So midway has nothing and is nothing you are wrong deal with it

try and stay current next time

MizMasta3000

O lol THQ has the San Diego Midway Studio and Warner Brothers has the Chicago Midway studio. We were both right

Pulse2

Midway Studios – Chicago in Chicago, Illinois, was the original Midway Studio. Eventually the studio focused solely on titles for home and portable consoles. It had developed Blitz: The League for the PlayStation 2 and Xbox and Stranglehold for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. The studio is housed within the same facility as Midway Amusement Games, on the other side of the street from Midway's head office. Following its acquisition by Warner Bros., the studio has been renamed WB Games Chicago.

Midway Studios – San Diego, located in the same building as Midway Home Entertainment, was the first studio to develop video games by Midway for home consoles. Midway Studios – San Diego developed Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows and was given the task of completing the game Rise and Fall: Civilizations at War, which had been started by Stainless Steel Studios. Midway announced on July 8, 2009 that it intended to close the San Diego studio by the beginning of September. However, in early August 2009, THQ bought the studio and all of is assets except for the TNA iMPACT! video game license, and about 40% of its employees have been offered positions.

Surreal Software in Seattle, Washington, founded in 1995, was acquired by Midway in 2004 and sold to Warner Bros. in July 2009.

WWE Influence :shifty:

Kassidy

Reaction score
O lol THQ has the San Diego Midway Studio and Warner Brothers has the Chicago Midway studio. We were both right

Pulse2

WWE Influence :shifty:

No, TNA owns the rights to the game which is why thq couldn't buy them, so TNA could still sell the game rights to another company but i dont see it happening. EA has clearly shown no interest in making a wrestling game and thats the next best.

btman

Reaction score
So I did a match to see if Legacy is as shitty in the game as they are in real life. Yea I did watch it to see the outcome.. And it was sad.

Legacy vs Legacy's Fathers. 6 man elimination tag. CPU's (only real way to find out who's better cuz if I play, I will win) in Legend Mode.

So the match started off boring.. Then Dusty came in illegally to break up a pin, and went towards the ropes.. Where Ted and Cody switched between grappling him in the corner holding him... Whenever he broke free for a second the ref would count (cuz he has a 5 count to leave since he's not the legal man). And the ref got to 5 and disqualified Dusty. I almost restarted the match and re-did it with no DQ.. But I was curious so I didn't.

Then Million Dollar Man beat up Cody a lot... Then Cody hot tagged Randy so Randy had a finisher but Million Dollar Man countered the RKO. Then him and Bob Orton made Randy bloody. Randy tags out to Ted... Ted and Cody beat Bob Orton and eliminate him.

Legacy Vs Million Dollar Man. Cody is first... He was still pretty injured from before, a couple heavy grapples by MDM and then hit him with a pile driver and eliminated him.

Randy comes in bleeding a lot... Million Dollar man hit him a couple times.. Did his 3 punch signature.. Eliminated him.

MDM Ted Dibiase Sr. Vs Ted Dibiase Jr.

Legacy's Ted was pretty fresh, he basically sat there and broke up a lot of pins throughout the match. But MDM ended up gaining momentum, hitting him with the 3 punches, a piledriver... And a victory for Legacy's dads. But mainly a victory for MDM who eliminated all 3 people.

In conclusion it was a wasted 15-ish minutes (I will admit it, I was bored) but in-game just like in life Legacy failed pretty bad.

noumenon

Actually sounds like a pretty cool match... would have been more PPV worthy as SS match than the Orton/Kofi thing.

I honestly haven't touched the game in about a week now. I think about playing it, but then I realize there's not a whole lot of fun things to do in it..lol

This Guy

Your actually both right and both wrong. When a company files for bankrupcy, they have have to sell off there rights to pay back the people they own money, this includes licences, studios etc. Midway had a contract that said they had the right to make the TNA games. When they say the licence was lost in the shuffle what they mean is the contract Midway had with them was never sold. Most likely what this means is The contract was probably was declared null and void by the courts since as it turned out when Midway first filed for chapter 11 it was revealed TNA was one of the people they owed the most amount of money too.

So yes studios were sold to Warner Bros & THQ. However many of there game properties and licencing agreements went elsewhere (though many to Warner Bros.)

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Anybody make any good finishers?
I made one where it's a suplex but they turn in mid air and drop into a stunner. That move is fucking sick. Somebodies used it before but I don't remember who.

I made another finsher, but honestly don't remember what it is.

I don't make no off the wall finishers that make no since or do shit that they don't have to do. I started making a top rope finisher... but stoped on step 2 and never went back.

LKP

I made a fisherman suplex into a death valley drive its nice. Its called the aneurysm.

MizMasta3000

I did a colt 45 modification and called it the Death Song for my CAW Fatal

LKP

I made a good entrance earlier, but cant choose the right music for it, i want my own so i got 100 songs on my ps3 to choose from. but i can choose what one that goes well with it. My guy callam frost is class lol.

noumenon

I remember hearing you couldn't upload your own music...guess that didn't true huh?