WWE Hall Of Fame Class Of 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Altervers

Reaction score
As mentioned a few times above Edge is a well deserving Hall of Famer. However i don't believe he should have been slung in ahead of a few others because he had a sudden end to his career come from nowhere. He is def hall worthy but not even a year later and put in when their are guys like Foley, Rock, Jake Roberts, Randy Savage and so on not in yet and haven't been an active wrestler in some time. Glad to see Arn Anderson will be getting in as part of the Horsemen induction though.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Hogan Wants Savage In WWE HOF, Rates Current TNA Stars
Wrestling legend and current TNA star Hulk Hogan recently appeared on the UK Talk Sport and was asked on which wrestlers he'd "rate." Hogan stated, "We've got a kid that's been around for a while named A.J. Styles, which is on fire. They call him the Phenomenal One. He's got a brilliant future. We've got another kid, Jeff Hardy, that's already there. He's rocking and rolling."

Hogan continued, "And my old partner, who I never dreamed would have so much gas in the tank, Sting. Sting's on fire. I have no idea when he's going to quit. He's lighting the whole world up again. We've got some really great guys."

Additionally, "The Hulkster" was asked to name the person who belongs in the WWE Hall Of Fame. To that, Hogan replied, "Yes, once again, 'The Macho Man' Randy Savage. He should be in there."

Check out the full article online at TalkSport.co.uk.

Agreed.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
As mentioned a few times above Edge is a well deserving Hall of Famer. However i don't believe he should have been slung in ahead of a few others because he had a sudden end to his career come from nowhere. He is def hall worthy but not even a year later and put in when their are guys like Foley, Rock, Jake Roberts, Randy Savage and so on not in yet and haven't been an active wrestler in some time. Glad to see Arn Anderson will be getting in as part of the Horsemen induction though.

I am glad they didn't go with The Rock this year, he is already wrestling at WM28 so this way they can save him for another year and get a boost in sales because of him. Foley would be a good one and he will be in there within the next few years. Plenty of options for WWE over the next decade especially considering guys like Undertaker, Kane, Jericho, Triple H, Big Show and Mark Henry will retire during that period.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Paul Roma Talks About WWE Snubbing Him With Horsemen HOF Induction
Former WWE and WCW star Paul Roma, a former member of the Four Horsemen, spoke to James Guttman of World Wrestling Insanity this week about not being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame along with Ric Flair, Arn Anderson, Tully Blanchard and Barry Windham.

Roma says it’s unfair how Vince McMahon gets to pick and choose which version of the Horsemen gets recognized in the Hall of Fame, especially when WWE honors actors like Drew Carey, who haven’t done virtually anything in the wrestling business:

“First I want to thank everybody for not forgetting and remembering that – A, I was a Horsemen. And B, why they chose me. At the end of the day, it gets down to the fact that the Horsemen were considered the elite, the best of the best and all that. When you pick just a chosen few, you’re leaving out everybody else. So what are you saying about that? They weren’t recognized?

They weren’t Horsemen? Or is this Vince just being Vince and saying, ‘Oh. I get to pick and choose who I want because the Hall of Fame is Horsesh*t,’ for lack of a better term anyway. When you put Drew Carey in the wrestling hall of fame, what’s his claim to fame? Did he grease Vince’s backend or what?â€

“How can you take it serious? They threw him in. He’s an actor. He beat nobody. Everybody that you put into WrestleMania, why don’t you put them in the Hall of Fame? Or anybody you throw in the ring, throw them in the Hall of Fame because they were on TV once. “

Roma argues that there’s one glaring omission in the Hall of Fame – a superstar who deserves to be recognized, but hasn’t due to his issues with Vince:

“Why isn’t Savage in there? He was an icon, wasn’t he? Why not put him in or some of the other guys? I don’t get it. Listen, if you run it like the baseball Hall of Fame and you have people nominated, you vote, and you can show all that – where the voting went – it might make a little more sense.

But how do you keep guys out who made you so much money and made the business what it was back in the day, like Savage?â€

Well, the guy wasn't really apart of the original four horsemen so I don't see why he should be inducted but his points are very good and 100% true. Randy Savage needs to be inducted.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Roma wasn't a a REAL Horsemen he needs to shut the hell up.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Boxing Legend To Be Inducted Into 2012 WWE Hall of Fame
TMZ.com is reporting the following:

Mike Tyson can now boast that he's a member of not one, but two halls of fame -- because the legendary boxer is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame ... TMZ has learned.

Tyson will be inducted during the ceremony at American Airlines Arena in Miami, FL on March 31. As has become tradition, WrestleMania XXVIII takes place the following day.

Iron Mike tells TMZ, "I am honored to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame. I was the youngest heavyweight champion of all time, but the most fun I ever had in the ring was with WWE."

You can read more if you click on the above link that is highlighted in red.

Awesome! He has done a great job whenever appearing on WWE TV. Who would induct him? Triple H? SCSA?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Mike Tyson has just pissed WWE off by telling everyone that he is in the HOF before they could announce it. They never like it when people let the cat out of the bag early.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's on wwe.com

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Yeah but I think they announced it after TMZ leaked it, so they really had no choice, haha.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Just announced on RAW. Decent video package.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
I hate Celebs getting inducted to the HOF.

Duke Nukem

Reaction score
I hate Celebs getting inducted to the HOF.

While I usually agree Tyson was there during the Attitude Era and helped escalate SCSA's career at the time and played a big role as the enforcer at SCSA's WM with Shawn Michaels. He's deserving. He did a lot of work for WWE.

ATKOOL

Reaction score
While I usually agree Tyson was there during the Attitude Era and helped escalate SCSA's career at the time and played a big role as the enforcer at SCSA's WM with Shawn Michaels. He's deserving. He did a lot of work for WWE.
It is frustrating as a fan to watch celebs get inducted over guys who has deserved it for a helluva long time. Guys like Jake Roberts, Savage, and so on. Tyson deserves it more than a guy like Rose, Mr.Baseball, Fridge, and others.