WWE Hall Of Fame Class Of 2012

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
PWInsider.com is reporting that Ron Simmons, aka Farooq, will be revealed as the next inductee into the 2012 WWE Hall of Fame. The announcement is expected to take place on Raw tonight.
Fucking awesome.

This man is probably one of the most under-appreciated wrestlers of his time. (his wrestling years, not his backstage crap)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The USA Network will be airing the WWE Hall Of Fame Induction Ceremony on Monday, April 2nd, 2012 at 8 PM, the hour prior to WWE Raw.

Good time to show it, the day after WM. It would be even better if they could air it live but it makes sense that they need to edit it down to fit it in to the one hour timeslot and so this gives them two days to edit it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I hate it though as it makes more sense to watch it in it's entirety the night before the big event WrestleMania. Makes no sense to have it the night after Mania.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
But no channel would be willing to show the entire show plus it means that WWE can add it to the WM28 DVD to give people more incentive to buy it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Next WWE Hall of Fame Inductee For Tonight's Raw
Former WWE star Ron Simmons, aka Farooq, appeared on today's edition of the Busted Open Radio Show and revealed that WWE will make the announcement tonight on Raw that he will be the next name for this year's Hall of Fame class.

It is widely expected that Simmons' former tag team partner JBL will handle the induction speech at the ceremony.

Looks like we will see it tonight, the guy deserves to be inducted.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Been waiting for WWE to confirm Ron Simmons.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Former WWE star JBL commented on Facebook about his former tag partner Ron Simmons being announced for the WWE Hall of Fame:

"As far as who is inducting Ron into the HOF-I would consider one of my greatest lifetime honors if I am chosen. However, it hasn't been announced-SO, if I knew who was I couldn't say. And, if I don't know I couldn't say either obviously. So, I wait on the announcement like everyone else. The main thing is not who is announcing or inducting Ron but that a great, great man is being put into the HOF-congrats to Ron, my best friend and former tag partner!!!"

It's most likely that JBL will induct him. I was going to say why don't they put them in as a team but I do think both careers and especially with JBL, needs to be inducted individually. I wonder when JBL will be inducted.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
It's most likely that JBL will induct him. I was going to say why don't they put them in as a team but I do think both careers and especially with JBL, needs to be inducted individually. I wonder when JBL will be inducted.

Glad they didn't put them in Together, Simmons best work came prior to the APA and Bradshaw's came after it. Do think he would be a good pick to induct him though.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Finally they officially announced it, still a few more to announce before the big night.

JBL has to be the one to do it and he will be the one to do it. It may sound a bit silly but I always like reading things like what JBL posted before, nice to know that they are such good friends outside the ring and that it wasn't all for show.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
test
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
im going to hall of fame so this is so much better than last years as i decided not to go last year! edge and ron simmons a guy who deserved to go in last year with his atlanta roots! mil mascaras! and four horsemen! cant wait for next announcement!

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't forget Tyson which should be pretty cool and they're also saying Rock will be inducting Yokozuna.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Who Will Induct 4 Horsemen & Edge, HOF Speech Time Limits
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The current plan is to air The Four Horsemen and Edge's WWE Hall of Fame inductions during the USA Network broadcast on Saturday, March 31st.

Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Dusty Rhodes will all induct The Four Horseman. There was a big push to have Rhodes involved because he has so much association with The Four Horsemen in the glory days of the group. Edge will be inducted by Christian.

It is reported that both The Four Horsemen and Edge have been given a 10 minute time limit each on their speeches.

Wow, Vince shouldn't limit them and in my opinion 10 minutes is not enough for guys like Edge and The Four Horsemen who done a lot in the business for many years. Especially The Four Horsemen.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That's odd I thought they let them go for whatever length they desired and edited it down. Maybe they're requesting this just so they don't have to edit, as it's been noticed in the past and looks kinda shitty

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
^I thought the same thing, I am sure that they used to be able to talk for as long as possible. Also why just ten minutes, it is a one hour show so that means they only get 20 minutes out of it. Surely the people inducting them talk for less time than they do so they should be given at least fifteen minutes.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I would actually think the people inducting would talk longer about their achievements and what not then theirs a video for each that's probably got you near 35-40 and the average hour long tv show is 44 minutes without commercials.