WRESTLING DVD's YAY!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE1252-front.jpg

DISC ONE

WCW Halloween Havoc 1992 - Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat vs. “Flyin’ Brian” Pillman ***1/4
WWE Superstars June 11, 2009: Evan Bourne vs. Zack Ryder ***
Madison Square Garden February 20, 1984: Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka vs. “Samoan #3” Samula: 1/2*
WCW Bash at the Beach 1997: Juventud Guerrera, Héctor Garza & Lizmark Jr. vs. La Parka, Psychosis & Villaño IV (w/Sonny Onoo) ***
WWE Raw on May 2, 2005 - Gold Rush Tournament match: Shawn Michaels vs. Shelton Benjamin ****1/4
WCW World War 3 - Último Dragón (w/Sonny Onoo) vs. Rey Mysterio, Jr ****1/2
ECW Hardcore TV: July 21, 1995 - Eddie Guerrero vs. “Shooter” Dean Malenko ****1/2
WCW Uncensored 1997 - Psychosis vs. Último Dragón (w/Sonny Onoo) ***
WWE Smackdown: April 18, 2008: Jamie Noble vs. Chavo Guerrero (w/Bam Neely) **3/4

DISC TWO

WCW Bash at the Beach 1997 - “Lionheart” Chris Jericho vs. Último Dragón ***1/2
WWE Summerslam 1995 - 1-2-3 Kid vs. Hakushi ***1/2
WWE Superstars July 30, 2009: John Morrison vs. Tyson Kidd (w/Natalya & David Hart Smith) ***1/4
WWF WrestleMania 2000: WWF Tag Team Titles, Triangle Ladder Match: The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge & Christian vs. the Hardy Boyz ****
ECW One Night Stand 2005: Yoshihiro Tajiri (w/Sinister Minister & Mikey Whipwreck) vs. Little Guido Maritato (w/The F.B.I.) vs. Super Crazy **
WCW Great American Bash 1995: Flyin’ Brian vs. Alex Wright ***1/4
WCW Japan Supershow 1991 - "Grudge Match": The Great Muta vs. Sting **1/2
WWF Sunday Night Heat: August 5, 2001 - Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn ***
WWF Sunday Night Heat: September 27, 1998 - Hardy Boyz vs. Kaientai (w/Yamaguchi San) **1/2

DISC THREE

ECW Cyberslam 1996 - TV Title: Sabu vs. 2 Cold Scorpio ****
WWE SmackDown: May 14, 2010 - Kofi Kingston vs. Christian **3/4
WWF In Your House: “No Way Out '98” - Taka Michinoku vs. Pantera **
WWE Raw: December 4, 2004 - Lita vs. Trish Stratus **3/4
ECW Guilty as Charged 2000 - Rob Van Dam vs. Sabu (w/Bill Alfonso) ***3/4
WWE Raw Roulette: January 7, 2008 - Jeff Hardy vs. Umaga **3/4
WCW Halloween Havoc 1997 - Rey Mysterio, Jr. vs. Eddie Guerrero ***** (PURE SEX)
WCW World War 3 - Juventud Guerrera vs. Billy Kidman ****1/4

Overall: Disc one is pretty FUCKING AWESOME, other then the Sunka and Chavo matches which hardly had any highflying moves, but none the less this is a totally is a WIN. Disc 2 had more of an even flow of really good matches as opposed to the more up and down collection of the first disc. There are some rarities on this disc, others have been featured before which is kinda upsetting seeing how their were other matches they could of put in instead but still a very AWESOME SET. Disc 3 is solid Thank you WWE for smartly concluded the DVD with one of the best lucha matches of the current era, the Eddie/Mysterio match was the final featured match on the set. The rest of the choices were average television matches. All in all this is a great DVD set with a ton of good to great matches on it. And has been well worth the £5 i spent on it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
MV5BMTY4Njg1ODgwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzMwNDIyMQ@@._V1._SX279_SY475_.jpg

The 1-2-3 Kid vs. The Roadie **1/2
King Mabel & Sir Mo vs. Razor Ramon & Savio Vega **
Henry O. Godwinn vs. Bam Bam Bigelow *
Intercontinental Title: Jeff Jarrett (w/Roadie) vs. Shawn Michaels ****1/4
WWF Tag Team Titles: Yokozuna & Owen Hart (w/Jim Cornette & Mr. Fuji) vs. Lex Luger & The British Bulldog **1/2
WWF World Championship: Diesel vs. Psycho Sid (w/Ted DiBiase) *1/4

Coliseum Home Video Exclusive:

Bret Hart vs. Jean Pierre Lafitte ***

Overall: This is most def a one-match show, but everybody seemed to work real hard in their matches. But this was totally the Shawn Michaels ppv. So i say skip this show and Pick up the Shawn Michaels: Heartbreak and Triumph DVD cause the IC title match is on it and has better matches too. :)

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
summerslam-1995.jpg

The 1-2-3 Kid vs. Hakushi **1/4
Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Bob “Spark Pluggâ€￾ Holly **
Jacob & Eli Blu (w/Uncle Zebekiah) vs. The Smokin’ Gunns **
Barry Horowitz vs. Skip (w/Sunny) ***1/4
WWF Women’s Championship: Alundra Blayze vs. Bertha Faye (w/Harvey Wippleman) *
Casket Match: The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) vs. Kama (w/Ted DiBiase) *3/4
Bret Hart vs. Isaac Yankem ***
Ladder Match for the WWF Intercontinental Championship: Shawn Michaels vs. Razor Ramon ****3/4
WWF World Championship: Diesel vs. King Mabel (w/Sir Mo) *1/2

This show gets a bad rap for having King Mabel in the main event, but the rest of the card is certainly enjoyable the opener with 1-2-3 Kid and Hakushi is great, the Barry Horowitz-Skip match is good, Bret Hart drags a good match out of Isaac Yankem. And quite possibly the MOTY with Razor/Shawn. So if your a staight up wrestling fan watch the wrestling of the matches i just talked about and skip the rest.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I watched this yesterday i think or the day before that.

15e92s4.png

WCW Six-Man titles: Ricky Morton, JYD & Tommy Rich vs. State Patrol & Big Cat **1/4
Brad Armstrong vs. Bobby Eaton **3/4
Buddy Landell vs. Dustin Rhodes 3/4*
Stan Hansen vs. Big Van Vader **
WCW U.S. Heavyweight Title: Lex Luger vs. Dan Spivey ***1/2
WCW World tag team title: Doom (w/Teddy Long) vs. The Freebirds (w/DDP & Big Daddy Dink) *
Wargames Cage Match: Sid Vicious, Barry Windham, Ric Flair & Larry Zbyszko (w/Arn Anderson) vs. Brian Pillman, Sting, Rick & Scott Steiner ***3/4

Overall: I am so pissed at this show. All the matches were STUPIDLY SHORT. Most of the matches except for 2 went 5-8 minutes long it was like everyone was too mmuch of a pussy to work hard because they were sceard it would take away from the main event (WHICH WAS FUCKING AMAZING BTW) I say skip this shit. Just watch the Main event, and the US title match. Oh and the Vader/Hansen match shit was getting real good until the finish. AND WATCH OF FOR SID'S attempt at killing 'FLYING' Brian.

Six man Tag: Morton, JYD and Rich VS. State Patrol and Big Cat ** Weak opener, felt very much like a filler bout involving jobbers, only Morton and Rich held much value at the time.

Armstrong VS. Eaton *** I have a soft spot for this match, sure it was a bit slow, but for me these were two decent talents who could work the high risk style well and were decent on the mat too, solid match I'd say.

Landell VS. Rhodes ** Predictable and boring squash match which belonged on TV rather than PPV.
Hansen VS. Vader *** and a half stars. This is one me and Scott disagree on I think, I found it to be a really wild and gripping brawl, espically since you didnt see this sort of match very often in WCW at the time. The finish made sense as it extended the feud and keeping it short was smart because this of match when made long can be overkill.

WCW U.S. Title: Luger VS. Spivey *** This match on paper should have sucked, but it was actually really enjoyable, and the post match angle with Koloff was good too.
WCW Tag Team Titles: Doom VS. The Freebirds ** and a half stars. Not a great match, partly because of how rushed it felt, but still not bad and the suprise title change and switch at the end really added something.

War Games: Vicious, Windham, Flair and Zbyszko VS. Pillman, Sting, Rick and Scott Steiner **** A satisfying headliner, with lots of action and big moments, the finish was a bit of down point, but at least it protected Pillman as he didn't lose cleanly, and I like that they made him the star of the match.

Overall: Read my WCW PPV thread for more, but for my money this was one of the best ppv's of 91 if not the best. Yes there were weak matches, but at least they were kept short, the top matches delivered big time, there was a good range of styles on display and the Koloff heel turn and Doom split also made it a worth while event.

7.5/10

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I enjoyed the Hansen/Vader match as well i think i said "Wish it would of gotten more time because 6 minutes was not enough. i'm a sucker for Big guys who are not the most technical so they bring the intensity and just slug it out."

The Luger match was the most surprising seeing how i HATE Lex, his offense and selling is awful and his wrestling skills are just as bad but this was quite good and one of the few Luger matches i would watch again.

And i have nothing but good words for War games. (FUCK YOU SID)

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
jucpyx.jpg

Vacant U.S. Tag Titles: The Fabulous Freebirds (w/Diamond Dallas Page & the Diamond Dolls) vs. The Young Pistols **1/2

Taped-Fist Match: Brian Pillman vs. Barry Windham ***

Thunderdoom Cage Match: Butch Reed vs. Ron Simmons *

WCW World Tag Titles: The Steiners vs. Lex Luger & Sting ****3/4

WCW TV Title: Arn Anderson vs. Bobby Eaton ***

WCW Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair vs. Tatsumi Fujinami **3/4

Overall: It has an amazing tag team match, a good brawl with Pillman and Windham, and a solid wrestling match for the TV title which are the highlights. Everything else is passable unless you care to see Flair’s last PPV match before he heads up to the WWF with the big gold belt.

Vacant U.S. Tag Titles: The Freebirds VS. The Young Pistols ** and a half stars. Fairly enjoyable, fast paced opener.

Tapped-Fist match: Brian Pillman VS. Barry Windham *** Really enjoyed this full on action!

You missed out the Stretcher match Sid VS. El Gigante which was an absolute joke! *

Thunderdoom Cage match: Reed VS. Simmons * Agree with you hear, these two were very limited, clumsy big men, who outside of their team were exposed, this match was very slow, boring and the finish was predictable.

WCW World Tag Team Titles: The Steiners VS. Luger and Sting **** Outstanding match, maybe the finish was the only thing which let it down (this sort of match should have a clear finish).

WCW TV Title: Arn Anderson VS. Bobby Eaton *** Maybe the best pure wrestling match of the night, and that does include the main event.

WCW Heavyweight Title: Flair VS. Tatsumi Fujinami *** A decent main event, but given the talent it should have much better, at times it just felt too restrained, the finish was a bit weak too.

Overall: While most of the matches were watchable, only the tag title match reached anywhere near greatness, and the overall quailty was let down by it featuring two of the worse matches of the year.

6/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I enjoyed the Hansen/Vader match as well i think i said "Wish it would of gotten more time because 6 minutes was not enough. i'm a sucker for Big guys who are not the most technical so they bring the intensity and just slug it out."The Luger match was the most surprising seeing how i HATE Lex, his offense and selling is awful and his wrestling skills are just as bad but this was quite good and one of the few Luger matches i would watch again.

And i have nothing but good words for War games. (FUCK YOU SID)
See the reason why I think about six minutes is right for that match is because it is full on brawl where they are naillng each other with everything but the kitchen sink from minute one, and I just think it would become a bit unrealistic to have them last longer than that, also the match retains its impact because of how short it was. A good old fashioned brawl, the kind you don't see enough of anymore.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Yeah but it would of hurt the match giving it 3/4 more miutes.

600full-wwf%3A-survivor-series-1995-%5Bvhs%5D-cover.jpg

Marty Janetty, Barry Horowitz, Bob "Sparkplugg" Holly & Hakushi (w/Shinja) vs. Dr. Tom Pritchard, Bodydonna Skip, Rad Radford, the 1-2-3 Kid (w/Ted Dibiase & Sunny) ***3/4
Bertha Faye, Aja Kong, Tomoko Watanabe & Lioness Asuka vs. Alundra Blaze, Sakie Hasegawa, Kyoko Inoue, & Chapparita Asari **
Goldust vs. Bam Bam Bigelow *
Jerry Lawler, Isaac Yankem DDS, Hunter Hearst Helmsley & King Mabel (w/Sir Mo) vs. The Undertaker, Savio Vega, Fatu & Henry O. Godwinn (w/Paul Bearer) *3/4
Wild Card Match: Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, The British Bulldog & Sycho Sid (w/Ted Dibiase & Jim Cornette) vs. Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon & Dean Douglas (w/Mr. Fuji) ***
WWF Heavyweight Title, No DQ: Diesel vs. Bret Hart ****

Overall: Even though the WWF was a sinking ship at the time, at alot of the '95 ppv's were horrible. This show can be seen as something of a turning point for the WWF as they struggled through a horrible 1995 before righting the ship here. Not that it was smooth sailing over the next two years, by any means, but they had at least started back down a profitable path. Most of the matches were pretty good. A very watchable show so go see it.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Have the Randy Savage and Rey DVD's got any documentary parts to them?

Tried watching part 1 of the Macho one on Youtube and it had Striker/Maria chatting shit in him between squashing jobbers. Was unbearable.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
No. Savage's has Striker and maria acting like blueberries in between matches. And Rey's has mini interviews in between matches.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
2l6mp3.jpg

Razor Ramon & Marty Jannetty vs. 1-2-3 Kid & Sycho Sid (w/Ted Dibiase) **
Ahmed Johnson vs. Buddy Landell (w/Dean Douglas) DUD
Henry O. Godwinn vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley **1/4
Diesel vs. Owen Hart (w/Jim Cornette) **
Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) vs. King Mabel (w/Sir Mo) 3/4*
WWF Heavyweight Championship Bret “Hitmanâ€￾ Hart vs. British Bulldog (w/Jim Cornette & Dianna Hart-Smith) ****1/4

Overall: The entire undercard was average and the main event was excellent, And seeing how this is only 2 hours long if felt like Monday Night Raw. I say skip this show but download the Bret/Davey match or GO BUY THE BRET HART DVD CAUSE IT'S THE GREATES DVD SET EVER AND IT HAS THE MATCH ON IT!.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
wcw-superbrawl-3-usa-vhs.jpg

Brian Pillman & Steve Austin vs. Erik Watts & Marcus Alexander Bagwell **3/4
2 Cold Scorpio vs. Chris Benoit ****1/4
Davey Boy Smith vs. “Wildâ€￾ Bill Irwin *1/4
Falls Count Anywhere: Paul Orndorff vs. Cactus Jack ***3/4
SMW Tag Team Champions The Heavenly Bodies (w/Jim Cornette) vs. The Rock N Roll Express ***3/4
WCW U.S. Heavyweight Champion Dustin Rhodes vs. Maxx Payne *
NWA World Heavyweight Champion The Great Muta vs. Barry Windham **
“White Castle of Fearâ€￾ leather strap match: WCW World Heavyweight Champion Big Van Vader (w/Harley Race) vs. Sting ****1/4

Overall: This is a tremedious show sure 1 or 2 matches were pretty bad. But other then that The Vader-Sting feud held WCW together in early 1993 before Bischoff’s silly overspending kicked in. This is the best of their high profile matches although they’re all great. This at least has an undercard to back it up with Benoit-Scorpio being a stand out. And Paul Orndorff-Cactus Jack also had a great match. Thumbs way up for the show even if you should fast-forward the NWA title match. I may even call this the best WCW PPV ever. :y:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Yeah but it would of hurt the match giving it 3/4 more miutes.

600full-wwf%3A-survivor-series-1995-%5Bvhs%5D-cover.jpg

Marty Janetty, Barry Horowitz, Bob "Sparkplugg" Holly & Hakushi (w/Shinja) vs. Dr. Tom Pritchard, Bodydonna Skip, Rad Radford, the 1-2-3 Kid (w/Ted Dibiase & Sunny) ***3/4
Bertha Faye, Aja Kong, Tomoko Watanabe & Lioness Asuka vs. Alundra Blaze, Sakie Hasegawa, Kyoko Inoue, & Chapparita Asari **
Goldust vs. Bam Bam Bigelow *
Jerry Lawler, Isaac Yankem DDS, Hunter Hearst Helmsley & King Mabel (w/Sir Mo) vs. The Undertaker, Savio Vega, Fatu & Henry O. Godwinn (w/Paul Bearer) *3/4
Wild Card Match: Shawn Michaels, Ahmed Johnson, The British Bulldog & Sycho Sid (w/Ted Dibiase & Jim Cornette) vs. Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon & Dean Douglas (w/Mr. Fuji) ***
WWF Heavyweight Title, No DQ: Diesel vs. Bret Hart ****

Overall: Even though the WWF was a sinking ship at the time, at alot of the '95 ppv's were horrible. This show can be seen as something of a turning point for the WWF as they struggled through a horrible 1995 before righting the ship here. Not that it was smooth sailing over the next two years, by any means, but they had at least started back down a profitable path. Most of the matches were pretty good. A very watchable show so go see it.

Marty Janetty, Barry Horowitz, Bob "Sparkplugg" Holly and Hakushi VS. Dr. Tom Pritchard, Body Donna Skip, Rad Radford & The 1-2-3 Kid *** Some of WWF's most underused talent at the time, made for a smooth mix in an exciting opener.

Bertha Faye, Aja Kong, Tomoko Watanabe & Lioness Asuka VS. Alundra Blaze, Sakie Hasegawa, Kyoko Inoue and Chapparita Asari ** and an half stars. A waste of some very good talent, existed purely to promote the Faye/Blaze feud.

Goldust VS. Bam Bam Bigelow ** Sloppy outting.

Jerry Lawler, Issac Yankem DDS, Hunter Hearst Helmsley & King Mabel VS. The Undertaker, Savio Vega, Fatu & Henry O. Godwinn ** A match full of jobbers and Taker.

Wild Card match: Michaels, Johnson, The British Bulldog & Sid VS. Yokozuna, Owen Hart, Razor Ramon & Dean Douglas *** The concept didn't quite grab me, but there was some good action.

WWF Title, No DQ: Diesel VS. Bret Hart **** Not as good as their previous ppv meetings, but still a gripping encounter, with a great finish.

Overall: My main issue with the event was how many short or rushed matches there were, still the booking was solid, with some key devolpments and at least half of the six matches delivered quailty action.

7/10

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
2l6mp3.jpg

Razor Ramon & Marty Jannetty vs. 1-2-3 Kid & Sycho Sid (w/Ted Dibiase) **
Ahmed Johnson vs. Buddy Landell (w/Dean Douglas) DUD
Henry O. Godwinn vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley **1/4
Diesel vs. Owen Hart (w/Jim Cornette) **
Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) vs. King Mabel (w/Sir Mo) 3/4*
WWF Heavyweight Championship Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. British Bulldog (w/Jim Cornette & Dianna Hart-Smith) ****1/4

Overall: The entire undercard was average and the main event was excellent, And seeing how this is only 2 hours long if felt like Monday Night Raw. I say skip this show but download the Bret/Davey match or GO BUY THE BRET HART DVD CAUSE IT'S THE GREATES DVD SET EVER AND IT HAS THE MATCH ON IT!.

Ramon & Jannetty VS. 1-2-3 Kid & Sid ** Flat

Johnson VS. Landell * Pointless!

Godwinn VS. Helmsley - Hogpen match ** and an half. Poor gimmick, but match could have been worse.

Diesel VS. Owen Hart ** Nothing match

Undertaker VS. King Mabel * Maybe one of the worse matches ever

WWF Title: Bret Hart VS. British Bulldog **** Cracking match

Overall: Like you said apart from a very good main event, this was a poor effort from top to bottom, the crowd was lifeless and even for an IYH card it felt second rate.

4/10

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
showdowninthesun.jpg

NIGHT ONE

Proving Ground Match: Jay Briscoe & Mark Briscoe vs. Shane Haste & Mikey Nichols **1/2
Adam Pearce vs. Adam Cole *1/2
Tornado Tag Team Match: All Night Express vs. The Young Bucks **1/4
ROH TV Title Match: Jay Lethal vs. Kyle O'Reilly ***
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team vs. Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman ***
Lance Storm vs. Mike Bennett ***1/2
Last Man Standing Match: Kevin Steen vs. El Generico ****1/4 - ****1/2
Three-Way Elimination Match for the ROH World Title: Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong vs. Eddie Edwards ***3/4

Overall: Everyone worked hard and busted their ass on this night to give the fans a great event and show from start to finish, Steen/Generico is an early match of the year candidate Main event was soild seeing how all 3 gus have be wrestling eachother for 4 years now. I'm really looking forward to Richards/Elgin tomorrow night with all the HYPE it's gotten. But yeah this show had loads of solid action and well worth your money if you paid for it, technical issues aside this is a good to great show.:y:

NIGHT TWO

Jimmy Jacobs vs. El Generico **1/4
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Cedric Alexander *1/2
ROH Tag Team Title Match: The Briscoe Brothers vs. Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team ***
Kevin Steen vs. Eddie Edwards **1/2 - **3/4
ROH TV Title Match: Jay Lethal vs. Roderick Strong ***1/4
ROH World Title: Davey Richards © vs. Michael Elgin ****1/2 - ****3/4

Overall: I didn't get to watch the O’Reilly vs. Cole and Young Bucks vs. ANX matches because the link cut them out it must of been something wrong with the stream at the time. But what i did see was Richards/Elgin match that blew me away and reminded me of the old ROH where news stars came out of nowhere and put on spectacular performances that were totally unexpected. Michael Elgin did that tonight. A really solid tag and TV title match but nothing else that special really. a MEHHH SHOW except for the main event so i say skip everything and go straight to the main even.