WRESTLING DVD's YAY!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG: Is Your Body Ready

PWG World Champion: Adam Cole
PWG World Tag Team Champions: The Young Bucks

RockNES Monsters vs. Unbreakable F’n Machines
This was a solid opening tag match, but as soon as your done with the show you complety forget this was even on the card. Not to say it was bad or anything but the whole card was packed and they had other tag matches on this card as well. Cage and Elgin are LEGIT! A WWE wet dream just begging to be signed right now, I was just thinking about them and Big E in some type of heel body fitness first gimmick :lmao Anyway Cage and Elgin do the minute long vertical suplex which still gets me and the crowd to pop for the whole time. The middle portion with the RockNES picking up the pace was alright but not really believable, thankfully when the match fully broke down and all hell goes loose the match becomes exciting again I loved the ending with Cage setting Yuma on Goodtime's shoulders, and German Suplexes goodtime onto Yama, Elgin then comes in and fuckin’ backfists Yama which allows him now to kill him with the heart attack Lariat followed by the 360 Elgin bomb for the win. ***

Davey Richards vs. Kyle O’Reilly
So this match was what I expected, had some really great moments like; They catch each other's kicks and negotiate to find a way out of it, but they don't find common ground quite yet. The crowd suggests 'Rock, Paper, Scissors', and O'Reilly and Davey comply. It's a tie, but they find a way to get out of it eventually. Also Davey kicking Kyle sqare in the face was great, but then all that goes out the window with shit when they start kicking out of tombstones and double stomps off the top. That’s now even the worse part, the match ends when Kyle knees Davey in the face, he then connects with a swinging DDT and a Brainbuster for two:lmao Kyle then locks in the simple armbar for the tapout win, sure the armbar is LEGIT hoe buy Kyle bearly worked the arm without the 2/3 attempts at locking in the armbar. UGH! **1/2

Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs. DojoBros
Before the match Roddy hits Chuck in the eye with his t-shirt so he goes over and apologizes :lmao Excalibur makes jokes about how Roddy with say sorry for that but not about attempting to break his back for the remaining of the match. It starts a bit slow, but the middle of the match; it’s just a fun match. At one point Chuck put on his hoodie to block the chop affects so Roddy chopped him in the DICK! What a guy, minutes later Roddy sets Gargano and Taylor in the double Tree of Woe, and Eddie has a fan whip him into a dropkick. Man I love me some DojoBros but god damn these motherfuckers chop way too much, and we’re not even done in the match. Cause the Main event does a brief chop muti-spot with really was stupid but I’ll get to that later. I loved the heat segment on Gargano with Eddie & Strong just absolutely beating the shit out of him using every part of the ring they wanted, especially the backbreaker on the apron. Chuck would eventually have his hot tag which was fun but not as fun as Gargano spearing Eddie through the ropes into the ring, and follows with the over the top suicide onto Roddy. Some of the double team spots during the finish stretch was crazy, the match would end when Eddie kills Gargano with double stomp on the apron (2 matches in a row that the stomps have been used) Roddy then picks him up and FUCKS HIM UP WORSE WITH THE ORANGE CRUSH BACKBREAKER for the win. ***1/2

Kevin Steen vs. Drake Younger
Steen is wearing the El Generico t-shirt that I have what a guy. This was another one of those matches that had its moments but also was meh! at times. I love Steen’s interactions with the fans but he kept going back to this one guy and it went on far too long like Steen would hit a move talk mad shit to this one guy then hit another and so on for at least 4/5 minutes. It kinda made Drake look like a bitch and that’s coming from me someone who isn’t the biggest Drake supporter or even supports Drake at all. The match as expected was a huge stiff brawl that doesn’t last long as they roll back in to continue to hit big move after big move, that would lead to Drake dropping Steen right on his head. Now they go to the outside again, Drake sets Steen in a chair by the stage and tries to dive out, but Steen catches him AND POWERBOMBS HIM ON THE STAGE! STEEN BRINGS HIM BACK TO RINGSIDE AND POWERBOMBS DRAKE ON THE APRON! STEEN ISN’T DONE AS HE FUCKIN’ JACKNIFE POWERBOMBS DRAKE ON THE APRON AGAIN BUT THIS TIME HE WAS STANDING ON THE APRON TOO. Steen gets a two count off that and tries for a Package Piledriver on the apron, but DRAKE COUNTERS WITH A FUCKIN’ DVD OFF THE APRON THROUGH A PILE OF CHAIRS! The match would end when Drake ducks a lariat and Rick Knox gets KO’ed, Drake walks right into a Package Piledriver. But there's no referee so Adam Cole comes out, he nails Steen with the title belt. And tries to do the same to Drake but Drake counters and kills him with the Drake Landing AKA Cop Killa. He covers Steen, but Steen kicks out. Drake looks for Drake's Landing on Mr. Wrestling, but he can't get him up. Steen then counters into a Cop Killa of his own but Drake counters that into and backslide
for the shocking win. ***1/4

The Young Bucks vs. AR Fox and Samuray Del Sol
Okay so the Young Bucks in PWG are my hero’s, Del Sol is a fuckin’ god and AR is da man. BUT ME KNOWING THAT DID NOT PREPARES ME FOR THE LEVEL OF AMAZINGNESS AND AWESOMENESS That this was. I’m normal all for sporfest or I really hate them, well this was one of the days that I had a full hard on from bell to bell, I doubt I’ll be able to write up all the shit that happen as it was going 100mphs a second and everything was smooth as a babies bum. Del Sol is on ‘96/’97 Rey level or almost right now, it’s just amazing the type of stuff this guy can do. It’s sad that this was his last PWG show/match for a while. At one point AR pulls out one craziest springboard I've ever seen, right into a BULLDOG THAT SPIKES MATT ON HIS HEAD! Fox misses a split-legged moonsault in the corner, allowing the Bucks to take control. Nick pulls out the 619 :mark: I really can’t type this stuff as it’s going way too fast, fuckit I’ll upload it just because this shit is insane. Bucks won with more bang for your buck. I just realized I can’t remember the last time the Young Bucks had a bad or even meh! Okay match. The Bucks are on every night all night. These guys are PWG! ****1/2

60 Minute Iron Man Match for the PWG World Championship: Sami Callihan vs. Adam Cole
I love how Cole has gotten the fans to chant “Suck his dick†in support of him now :lmao The first 10 minutes was the standard stalling but still interacting with one another. Cole low-blows Sami and pins him, Cole then inside cradle Sami for another pin fall. Immediately after, Cole superkicks Sami and drops him with a brainbuster on the knee for another pin fall. JESUS! Okay so Cole is up 3-0 and it only took 1 and half minutes. And it looks like this match has no rest period, typical Indy feds always got to make it hard for guys. Cole continues to beat on Sami on the outside as he begins to get more cocky. He cuts a promo in the camera, but turns around to find himself POWERBOMBED INTO THE RINGPOST! Back in, and Cole is still acting like a DICK! And even gets on the mic and says “HE’S GONNA MAKE SAMI SUCK HIS DICK†NOW! Well Sami grabs his dick and gives him a FUCKIN’ DICKSLAM :lmao OH SHIT! HOW COULD I FORGET During this time Steen talked about how his wife is good at sucking dick :lmao if there was a trophy for sucking dick, his wife would him Steen says :lmaolmao:lmao Cole now does the smart thing and now begins to target the knee/ankle of Sami by Figure Four's Sami on the ringpost. Sami begins to fight back once they get back in but his ankle bucks on the ropes which if it was planned was GENUIS if not it still looked pretty LEGIT! They now kill time doing these countout rest spots but the fans kept picking Sami up and pushing him back to the ring and (or) into the ring. Sami counters a move that Cole was going for into a Exploder suplex into and though some chairs, he quickly locks in the Leg stretch I think it’s called, I call it the Brock LOCK! And Cole taps. 3-1 Sami goes right into an STF, and taps Cole again, Cole and Sami trade sunset flips and cradles pin attempts and Sami picks up a quick sit down pin, then 5 seconds later pins him again with a cradle. So Sami is up 4-3 in the space of 4 minutes. Cole gets pissed and grabs his belt for a potential DQ, Brock Lesnar-style. Sami ducks it but takes a ROCK BOTTOM ALL WHILE LOOKING AT KEVIN STEEN! Steen says "That's my friend's move, only I can do that!" He misses the People's Elbow but RUNS RIGHT INTO THE STUNNER! HE KICKS OUT! HOLY SHIT! Cole hangs Sami in the ropes and DROPS HIM DOWN WITH A PILEDRIVER! Sami gets to the ropes. Cole nails a NASTY bodyslam on the apron. Cole puts in a Figure Four on the floor, but Sami breaks it by throwing chairs at him. Cole responds by burying Sami with chairs in hopes for another countout. Fans tries to help Sami, but Sami being Sami shoves a fan upon entry into the ring. They trade superkicks and bicycle kicks, but Cole pins Sami with the Straight Jacket German Suplex. 4-4 now. We’re like 40 minutes now Sami gets a nearfall off of an Air Raid Crash. A second one gets another 2 count. Cole drops Sami off of the top rope and KILLS HIM WITH THE PANAMA SUNRISE 5-4 now. Cole nails another Rock Bottom and connects with the People's Elbow, BUT SAMI IS LIKE “FUCK THIS†and nails a spinebuster on Cole, he picks up the elbow pad and goes for his own people’s elbow but instead of dropping the elbow he delivers a huge stomp to Cole’s face. As great as that first 45-50 minutes were, SHIT! BECOMES STUPID NOW! SAMI MURDERS COLE WITH THE PANAMA SUNRISE~! COLE KICKS OUT! Sami pulls Cole up top and MURDERS HIM WITH A SUPER DEATH VALLEY DRIVER! LARIAT! Sami pins Cole 5-5. THEY NOE TRADE CHOPS FOR 3 FUCKIN’ MMINUTES! 3 FUCKIN’ MINUTES! DID THEY NOT KNOW RODDY & EDDIE WAS WRESTLING EARLIER? Cole spits in Sami's face and SAMI KILLS HIM WITH A JUMPING PILEDRIVER! COLE KICKS OUT! A SECOND JUMPING PILEDRIVER! COLE PUTS HIS HAND ON THE BOTTOM ROPE! CANADIAN DESTROYER FROM COLE! SAMI KICKS OUT! FLORIDA KEY! BUT SAMI KICKS OUT AGAIN! JUMPING PILEDRIVER FROM COLE! SAMI KICKS OUT AGAIN! Cole goes up top, but SAMI HITS THE TOWER OF LONDON! Sami spears Cole, SAMI COUNTERS THE PANAMA SUNRISE WITH TRENT BARETTA'S BACK PILEDRIVER! COLE COUNTERS INTO A SUNSET FLIP FOR PIN. Cole up 6-5. Cole hightails it out of the ring and tries to kill time. He comes back into the ring, trips on the rope and Callihan puts Cole in the Stretch Muffler then the HALF CRAB for the last minute and a half of the match, but time runs out. I also disliked that finish too not because the moves but because the ref Rick fucked up the call spots like he would check Cole’s hands, when Cole was still fighting but as soon as he did that out cold stuff the ref would do shit so Cole would act like he regained consciousness, This happen for the last minute which really piss me off. As enjoyable as this was it has it super flaws so I can’t go higher on my rating. ****

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
PWG TEN

PWG World Champion: Adam Cole
PWG World Tag Team Championships: The Young Bucks

B-Boy, Candice LeRae, & Willie Mack vs. Peter Avalon, Joey Ryan, & Ryan Taylor
I say this PWG is at its best when they open the show with 5 man, + one woman match. Or other 6-men opening match. I say this because, yes everyone is gonna get their shit in but they add at least 3/4 comedy stuff in here to get the crowd in fun mood. This of course is Joey’s return to PWG after getting fired from TNA, and as much as I don’t care for Ryan at all I love the interactions between him and Candice mainly because he’s such a dick to her and just basically beats the shit out of her (JESUS! I think there is something wrong with me) Anyway, yeah the match had so much cool shit. OH! And my man crush on Peter Avalon’s heel tactics are starting to grow, his selling is hilarious and now that he’s started to act like a bigger tool in every match is just great. The match would end when SCOTT LOST JUST HIT AN ACE CRUSHER ON RYAN TAYLOR ON THE APRON! Oh yeah I should have mentioned earlier in the match some shit happen on the outside and it look like Ryan hit a fan, well it wasn’t. Mack would hit the CHOCOLATE THUNDER DRIVER ON AVALON, for the win. ***1/4

Brian Cage vs. Anthony Nese
Anthony is replacing Davey Richards here, FUCK YEAH! I don’t why I even said that because I don’t even know who this Nese guy is. I swear Brian Cage gets bigger and bigger as the days go by, Nese is pretty jacked too but FUCKIN’ Brain is so jacked that Nese can’t even tie his legs up :lmao Brian Cage has been great in his tag team with Michael Elgin, but as a singles wrestler, he is still lacking. It starts off pretty sloppy and it pretty much is like that all the way through. Still, they get their shit in and there were good enough spots to keep me interest, the match ends when Cage kills him with a Lariat then ends it with the Weapon X. **3/4

Forever Hooligans vs. RockNES Monsters
Another match that had its moments but it seems like every Hooligans match has the same formula and the same stuff and I’ve only seen like 3 of their matches. At least the Monsters’ amusing heel tactics kept me from looking at Nude pixs in teh Internet. Anyway it shifted from serious to comedy back to serious depending on the spot they were calling and none of it felt natural at all. The Hooligans hit a team CONTRACT KILLER, and then Koslov dives onto Good time as Rocky gets the win. **3/4

Michael Elgin vs. AR Fox
FUCKIN’ AWESOME Great back-and-forth action here, This one starts off with both guys just getting some of their stuff in, but about mid-way through, it heats up and both guys want to beat the shit out of each other. It’s matches like this where you can fully appreciate how good a guy like Michael Elgin is because he’s not just your token power guy. He’s capable of working a ton of different styles and working with a variety of guys and having well to great matches. There is a ton of awesome spot in this like, Fox dives out for a tope suicide dive, but Elgin catches him and delivers a nasty “Black Hole Slam†on the floor. Elgin now hoists Fox up for the vertical suplex for a good minute and a half: mark: 5 or so minutes later and Fox is on the apron, but ELGIN DROPKICKS HIM IN MID-SPRINGBOARD! Then DEADLIFT FALCON ARROW! BACK INTO THE RING! HOLY SHIT! FOX KICKS OUT! Moments later FOX HITS A SHIRANUI ON THE APRON! 450 SPLASH! BUT ELGIN KICKED OUT! The match would end when ELGIN CATCHES THE CANNONBALL SHOOTING STAR! BUCKLE BOMB! FOX COUNTERS AN ELGIN BOMB INTO A REVERSE RANA! Elgin MURDERS FOX WITH TWO STIFF BACKFISTS, IMPLODING ELGIN BOMB FOR THE WIN. **** - ****1/4

Johnny Gargano & Chuck Taylor vs. Paul London & Brian Kendrick
Oh “Chuckie T†you are another guy that never lets me down in terms or entertainment, the match starts with a good old’ chicken fight. Gargano on Taylor’s shoulders and Kendrick on London’s shoulders FUCK YEAH! Gargano Knocks Kendrick on his neck and Rick Noxs say "We just witnessed the hardest bump off of a shoulder block ever," Another match that went from Comedy to serious, back to comedy. UGH! And it’s getting to be a little much it’s like these guys don’t even talk about matches and stuff that going on with the other wrestlers. Matter of fact you shouldn’t even have to talk it out just look and see, oh the opening match has Joey, Peter and Candice so you know they’re gonna add stuff. But I guess it’s the PWG way, thankfully the silliness passed and it became a great technical/high flying effort, CHUCK TAYLOR CATCHES KENDRICK OFF OF SLICED BREAD #2 ATTEMPT AND HITS THE RAZOR'S EDGE/CUTTER for the win. ***

TJ Perkins vs. Kyle O’Reilly
Oh shit its Manik, I didn’t know he was allowed outside of TNA. Good for them, some fantastic mat wrestling to start it off. I forgot TJ can do this cause he’s busy doin’ nothing but mindless spots in TNA. Anyway last shot at TNA, they do crazier and sick counter wrestling with STANDOFFS! Before TJ eats it on a drop toehold, but Kyle is all over him. And begins to work the arm of TJ, and it’s vicious really looks brutal or maybe it’s how AWESOME TJ’s selling is man If he was doing this in TNA I might become come a believer of his again, well outside of PWG that is anyway. They do this spot where TJ is making his comeback and goes for a springboard but either his arm “gives out†because of the work or he straight up botches, but as soon as he falls he grabs the arm right away to it looks LEGIT! I'm just glad they didn't repeat the spot, Kyle puts in a guillotine, but TJ eventually turns around into a Kimura, Detonation Kick. Into a jawbreaker LARIAT! (Shades of Nigel) Sit-down powerbomb from TJ, but Kyle kicks out and during that counter Kyle counters it into a Triangle choke, but that gets reversed into the Ankle lock and that gets countered into the Small package for two. Reversal back into the triangle but TJ makes the ropes. Running PUNT! To the fuckin’ chest gets a two before he connects with the Regalplex for 2. Tiger gutbuster from TJ but that only gets two. The match would end minutes later when Kyle Counters into a powerbomb, and goes for the 450 stomp, elbow and a FUCKIN’ BRAINBUSTER! But TJ kicks out again, JESUS! Kyle then then locks on the cross armbreaker on the injured arm and TJ is forced to tap. The match with Perkins was not only one of my favourite matches on this show but also built up so simply. It wasn’t a balls-to-the-walls match with a lot of moves and insanity. They paced themselves and kept me interested for the entire 20+ minutes they wrestled. ****

Guerrilla Warfare match for the PWG World Championship: Adam Cole vs. Kevin Steen vs. Drake Younger
Cole wastes no time telling everyone to suck his dick, so Steen & Drake beat the shit out of him for it :lmao Steen shoves Cole's head in his groin area, and gives a little bow to round it off. Cole and Drake go at it in the ring. Cole fakes a dive by trying to sit in a chair, but the chair BREAKS :lmao and DRAKE BUMRUSHES COLE WITH A TRAFFIC CONE! HE DROPS HIM DICK FIRST ON IT! BACK SUPLEXES COLE ON TOP OFF THE CONE, HOLY SHIT! That has the be the most fun I’ve had watching the first 5 minutes of a match so far this year. I liked this match allot as well because all 3 guys managed to not try and out-death one another, plus they knew the Bucks were Main Eventing and they knew whatever they were gonna do was not gonna touch them. The middle portion of the match was standard Hardcore PWG goodness but the finishing stretch was pretty badass with it spots like when Cole comes in and DEATH VALLEY DRIVES DRAKE ON THE CHAIRS, also Drake sets a table up and GIVES HIM A GORDBUSTER ON THE EDGE! DRAKE WOULD ALSO KILL HIM WITH A STRAIGHT-JACKET PILEDRIVER! Cole avoids Drake's Landing through a table and GIVES HIM A PANAMA SUNRISE ON THE TABLE! STEEN PULLS COLE OUT AND HITS A POWERBOMB ON THE APRON! YOUNGER KICKS OUT OF A PIN ATTEMPT! Steen sets some chairs all nicely together...and GIVES DRAKE A FUCKING PACKAGE PILEDRIVER THROUGH THEM! Cole tries to steal the pin, but Steen saves! Cole superkicks Steen, Cole looks for the Panama Sunrise but STEEN FUCKING MURDERS HIM WITH A TURNBUCKLE BRAINBUSTER! Drake pulls Steen out and goes for the cover, but COLE STEALS IT WITH A CRUCIFIX PIN. I FUCKIN’ LOVED THAT FINISH, IDK why the fans attempted a BS chant; Cole is a fuckin’ heel, heel cheat to win. DUH! ***1/2 - ***3/4

Ladder Match for the World Tag Team Championship: he Young Bucks vs. Inner City Machine Guns vs. DojoBros
Okay this fuckin’ match right here, I need to catch my breath for. Because this had some of the most violent, crazy, sadistic, insane and all other words to describe spotfeasts I’ve seen in wrestling. But the craziest thing is it’s not on the level of the last Tag Ladder match, I think that was at Threemendous III. Huge brawl to begin, everyone takes turns assaulting Matt Jackson. But just like the Bucks always do the overcome it and take control over everyone, The Machine Guns hit stereo SSP's on the Bucks, but the DojoBros come in and splash the Machine Guns on top of the Bucks themselves. DojoBros look for a ladder, but everyone distracts them and THE MACHINE GUNS DIVE OUT WITH STEREO TOPE CON HILOS! Ricochet sets a ladder up in the ring, and Roddy gets backdropped on the ladder, running senton from Nick onto everyone. The Bucks get this ridiculously long unsafe ladder that cost LEGIT! 5 dollars at best. Matt hilariously does the back handspring, climbs the ladder, and rakes Rich Swann's back :lmao Swann superkicks Matt as he drags him off of the big ladder, but Nick takes care of him. Nick thinks he's going to do his little ladder push, springboard thing but Swann ends him crotching him instead :lmao Swann hits the Lethal Injection as Steen cracks up over Rich Swann sayin’ “C’MON BABY!†and Excalibur calls him black Chris Jericho. RODDY GIVES NICK A BACKBREAKER ON THE LADDER! SWANN DIVES OVER DOJOBROS AND FROG SPLASHES NICK! Ricochet sets up the big ladder, but Matt PUSHES HIM INTO A FUCKING ASAI MOONSAULT! MATT RAGDOLLS RICH INTO A LADDER! RICOCHET EATS A BUCKLE BOMB ON THE LADDER! Nick sets a table up on the floor as Matt climbs a smaller ladder for the belts, but Roddy and Eddie stop all that shit. LARIAT FROM EDDIE! END OF HEARTACHE! DOUBLE STOMP FROM EDDIE! Eddie puts Swann in the Achilles Lock, but RICOCHET CATCHES RODDY WITH A CUTTER OFF THE LADDER! Ricochet sets up the big ladder by the corner and DIVES THROUGH IT TO GIVE RODDY A SWINGING DDT! HE DIVES UNDER IT TO THE OUTSIDE! NICK GIVES RICH SWANN A SUNSET POWERBOMB THROUGH THE TABLES! Ricochet is the last one standing, until the Bucks come in and HIT A FUCKING TANDEM TOMBSTONE FROM THE TOP OF THE LADDER! DojoBros now stops the Bucks but TRADE INSANE STRIKES! RODDY BRAINS NICK WITH A KNEE! Swann is somehow able to get into the ring, but can hardly stand. Swann tries to climb up, but THE DOJOBROS HIT A DOUBLESTOMP/POWERBOMB! The Bucks hit him low and get the belts for the win. ****1/4

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Didn't like the Ladder match and Elgin/Swann quite as much as you, but agree with everything else.

Really liked Perkins/O'Reilly, that was easily my favourite match of the night. O'Reilly's been on fire this year.