WRESTLING DVD's YAY!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
$(KGrHqN,!iUE3UO2R0USBN72+-nIpw~~_35.JPG

WWE Tag Team Titles: Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio vs. Kenzo Suzuki & Rene Dupree (w/Hiroko) ***
Kurt Angle Invitational: Kurt Angle vs. Santa Claus DUD
Dixie Dogfight: Daniel Puder vs. Mike Mizanin DUD
The Basham Brothers vs. Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas *
John Cena vs. Jesus (w/Carlito) *1/2
Dawn Marie vs. Miss Jackie 1/4*
Handicap Match: Big Show vs. Kurt Angle, Mark Jindrak & Luther Reigns *3/4
Cruiserweight Title: Spike Dudley vs. Funaki **
WWE Heavyweight Championship: John Bradshaw Layfield vs. Booker T vs. Eddy Guerrero vs. The Undertaker ***

Overall: Awful, awful, awful PPV. the opening match was the highlight the rest is all passable, WELL the main event is passable but i kinda enjoyed it. EVERTHING ELSE is horrible/There were some nice segments like the end of the Charlie-Jackie-Dawn triangle as well as JBL kissing the title and him walking backstage like it was the END. I'm so glad i picked this up for £2.50 from Ebay. NO BUY PEOPLE

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ekovg1.jpg

DISC ONE

The Documentary: In 2004 the WWE came out with the ECW Rise and Fall DVD. It was about three hours long, it was explained well, and also had Heyman and workers from the company talk piece by piece (in detail) about every little step in ECW's run. When it was announced they were going to create a WCW one, I think every passionate WCW fan was excited. Unfortunately, this didn’t live up to the hype. WCW was around much longer than ECW, but for some reason ECW’s documentary was doubled the time. So It’s hard for me to really enjoy a documentary because it was only 90 minutes. And talked about the stuff I already knew. If you truly don’t know anything about WCW, I guess the documentary is worth watching. For any loyal WCW fan it's not. The docamentary is vague since they don’t explain each topic in detail; they just touch upon it. They also left out many wrestlers that were helpful to the company (The Road Warriors, Muta, Steiner Brothers, etc. ). It also left out a lot of historical times (both good and bad), and didn’t fully touch upon how chaotic it was backstage or who was really in control at the time. Also, most of the interviews are from the Monday Night Wars DVD or some other WWE DVD. That really annoyed me because I already seen all those DVDS. So you know 97% (RANDOM NUMBER) of the stuff already. DISAPPOINTING!!! MATCHES UP NEXT!

DISC TWO

NWA World Championship Wrestling, 6/15/85 - $1,000 Challenge: Ric Flair vs. Magnum T.A. ***1/4
NWA Main Event, 4/7/88 - Ric Flair, Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard (w/JJ Dillon) vs. Sting, Lex Luger & Barry Windham ***1/2
WCW Great American Bash 1988 - NWA U.S. Title: Barry Windham (w/JJ Dillon) vs. Dusty Rhodes **3/4
NWA Chi-Town Rumble, 2/20/89 - NWA World Title: Ric Flair (w/Hiro Matsuda) vs. Ricky Steamboat *****
NWA Wrestle War 1990 - The Rock 'n' Roll Express vs. The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) ***3/4
NWA Great American Bash 1990 - US Tag Titles: The Midnight Express (w/Jim Cornette) vs. The Southern Boys ****1/2 - ****3/4
WCW Great American Bash 1992 - WCW World Title: Sting vs. Big Van Vader (w/Harley Race) ***3/4
WCW Spring Stampede 1994 - WCW International World Heavyweight Title: Rick Rude vs. Sting **1/2
WCW Bash at the Beach 1994 - WCW Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair (w/Sensuous Sherri) vs. Hulk Hogan (w/Jimmy Hart) ***1/4

DISC THREE

WCW Monday Nitro, 4/29/96 - WCW Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair (w/Woman & Elizabeth) vs. The Giant (w/Jimmy Hart) *3/4
WCW Clash of the Champions 33 - WCW Cruiserweight Title: Rey Mysterio Jr. vs. Dean Malenko ***
WCW Fall Brawl 1996 - Wargames: Sting, Lex Luger, Ric Flair & Arn Anderson vs. Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & A Mystery Partner (w/Ted Dibiase) ***1/4
WCW nWo Souled Out 1997 - U.S. Title, Ladder Match: Syxx vs. Eddy Guerrero ***
WCW UnCeNSoReD 1997 - U.S. Title, No DQ: Eddy Guerrero vs. Dean Malenko ***1/2 - ***3/4
WCW Superbrawl VIII - Cruiserweight Title vs. Mask: Chris Jericho vs. Juventud Guerrero *** - ***1/4
WCW Superbrawl VIII - Unified Tag Titles: The Outsiders (w/Dusty Rhodes) vs. The Steiner Bros. (w/Ted Dibiase). 1/2*
WCW Bash at the Beach 1998 - Diamond Dallas Page & Karl Malone vs. Hollywood Hogan & Dennis Rodman (w/The Disciple) *1/2
WCW Halloween Havoc 1998 - WCW Heavyweight Title: Goldberg vs. Diamond Dallas Page ***1/2
WCW Monday Nitro, 8/7/2000 - WCW Heavyweight Title: Booker T vs. Lance Storm **1/4

Overall: The DOC. was a bit vague and didn't fully explain WCW yeah it told us about WCW but just the stuff we already know but disc two explained why WCW was so great, with action. This is one of the best discs WWE's ever put together. Sure, there are some matches that could've been replaced with other ones, but it's a great selection of matches to say in the least. Also, we didn't get any squash matches or filter matches, which is always a great thing to see. Disc thee has a few cruiserweight gems and a great Goldberg match which sums up the only thing worth watching, but doesn’t that technically define the Nitro era as a whole anyway?. This set is tremendous and worth getting if just for disc two. The matches by themselves with no build or understanding as to why they are happening makes them a little less enjoyable for me and I’m sure for anyone else who didn’t watch WCW at the time. Disc three brings the set down a tad, but disc two is so strong, that disc three would have really had to try hard to make me not recommend this DVD.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
zkn3_wwe_jericho.jpg

DISC ONE

The Documentary: The Doc. is FUCKING AMAZING it just about tells you everything you need to know about Jericho from when and where he was born, how he got into wrestling, to family, trianing and finally got into the business and joining All Japan, ECW, WCW, WWF, Music, Books and return to the WWE in '07 heel-turn 08. It's so Legit. Another awesome thing it has is Jericho talking about this aswell it always sounds better the the wrestler is talking about his career himself. And it has other WWE superstars talk about his career aswell which is always nice. THE only thing that keeps it from being PERFECT is the no menstion of Mr. Chris Benoit as we all know he was a huge part of Jericho's career. As expected the WWE avoids that topic, and you really can't blame them.

Extras

About 16 promos and Segments combined all classic and awesome stuff, some of the include the “The Man of 1004 Holds”, “Conspiracy Victim”, “Father Knows Best” Jericho and Rock promos SD goes off the air and Jericho picks a fight with an old man at ringside in 08, and a off air Jericho and Austin promo. Some video packages with Him ans Storm. JUST GREAT STUFF.

DISC TWO

Calgary, Alberta October 2, 1990 - "Cowboy" Chris Jericho vs. Lance T. Storm *1/4
Smoky Mountain Wrestling March 12, 1994 - The Thrill Seekers vs. The Infernos DUD
Japan July 7, 1995 - International Junior Heavyweight Title: Lion Heart © vs. Ultimo Dragon ***1/4
Hardcore TV March 12, 1996 - Chris Jericho vs. Cactus Jack ***1/2
Fall Brawl September 14, 1997 - WCW Cruiserweight Title: Chris Jericho © vs. Eddie Guerrero **** - ****1/4
SuperBrawl VIII February 22, 1998 - WCW Cruiserweight Title vs. Mask: Chris Jericho © vs. Juventud Guerrera ***1/2
Nitro July 27, 1998 - WCW Cruiserweight Title: Chris Jericho © vs. Dean Malenko **1/4
No Way Out February 27, 2000 - Intercontinental Title: Chris Jericho © (w/ Chyna) vs. Kurt Angle ***1/4
RAW April 17, 2000 - WWE Championship: Triple H © w/ Shane and Stephanie vs. Chris Jericho ***
No Mercy October 21, 2001 - WCW Championship: The Rock © vs. Chris Jericho ****1/4
Vengeance December 9, 2001 - Undisputed Championship Match: Steve Austin © vs. Chris Jericho **1/4

DISC THREE

SmackDown May 2, 2002 - WWE Undisputed Championship: Hulk Hogan © vs. Chris Jericho
WrestleMania XIX March 30, 2003 - Chris Jericho vs. Shawn Michaels ****1/2
RAW August 22, 2005 - Chris Jericho vs. John Cena ***
RAW March 10, 2008 - Intercontinental Title: Jeff Hardy © vs. Chris Jericho ***
No Mercy October 5, 2008 - World Heavyweight Title: Ladder Match: Chris Jericho © vs. Shawn Michaels ****1/4 - ****1/2
Extreme Rules June 7, 2009 - Intercontinental Title: No Holds Barred: Rey Mysterio © vs. Chris Jericho ****
SmackDown! November 13, 2009 - Chris Jericho vs. The Undertaker **3/4
WrestleMania XXVI March 28, 2010 - World Heavyweight Championship: Chris Jericho © vs. Edge ***3/4 - ****

Overall: This is a really well put together set, and it’s very clear that a great deal of care was taken in selecting the footage. No obvious corners were cut, and we got some genuinely insightful input from a nice variety of names, rather than the more generic and repetitive musings offered on some DVDs. Every point is illustrated well with a really extensive selection of footage from every stage of his career in and out of the ring. The matches make logical sense as they show every facet of his skills and it would be hard to argue that these aren’t the best non-Benoit matches he’s ever wrestled., the matches on disc 2 and 2 are all pretty solid and shows Jericho going through each stage of his career and what he considers his top moments.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I personally really enjoyed the two sections they did put to music near the end. Reminds me of the old Sacrafice campaign.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
246211412_small.jpg

DISC ONE

The Documentary: OH FUCK, OH FUCK, OH FUCK. This is what i'm talking about it's Virtually Perfect imo, The early part is a lot of fun, showcasing a lot of footage from Bret's time in Stampede and later with The Hart Foundation. They cover Bret's rise from tag team challenger to Intercontinental Champion, covering his matches with Mr. Perfect, Roddy Piper and Davey Boy Smith. We get footage of Bret's first WWF Championship win against Ric Flair, and subsequent loss to Yokozuna at Wrestlemania IX. There's a pretty sweet look at his King of the Ring run against Razor Ramon, Curt Hennig and Bam Bam Bigelow before he beats Yoko for his second title. Next are highlights of his rivalries with Owen Hart, Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin. I like how they really let the wrestling talk for itself, because that is what Bret did best. The took a long and indepth look into the Canada vs. America feud, because this was Bret's best time for interviews. After that things gets simultaneously more interesting and less entertaining. All of the political talk over Bret's leaving to WCW gets a bit tiring really; politics are all BS and as I get older I care less and less about the backstage stuff. I just want to be a mark and enjoy myself. They go pretty in depth with the Montreal Screwjob, and we get Vince's side and Bret's side. Then they talk about Owen's death and the match against Beniot to the concussion that ended it all. Bret says Goldberg had a good heart and its a shame that he was responsible for Bret's concussion and retirement. He then talks about the stroke and Bret says that it really had a big impact on his worldview. You realize what's important and what's not. He doesn't think everything's perfect but this is a start. Vince says there's regret on both parts and he's happy Bret brought this story to his fans and hopes he contributes to the future. FUCKING AMAZING STUFF.

EXTRAS

Some really hart-warming extras with Bret Hart Introduces the DVD Extras, he also talks about the origin of the name "The Dungeon", being away from his family, learning the Sharpshooter, Being a Villain, where the Sunglasses came from and a AWESOME STORY of Owen Hart crank-calling Stu Hart. We also get two Tribute Videos and two matches The Hart Foundation (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. the British Bulldogs (07/13/85) & The Hart Foundation (w/Jimmy Hart) vs. the Killer Bees (2/17/86) WWE Went BALLS-TO-THE-FUCKING-WALL ON THIS DISC AND IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER.

DISC TWO

Bret Hart vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat - Boston Garden 3/8/86 ****
Bret “The Hitman” Hart vs. “The Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase w/Virgil - Odessa, TX 3/8/89 ***1/2
The Hart Foundation vs. The Rockers - Saturday Night's Main Event, 4/28/90 ***1/2
WWF Tag Team Championship: The Hart Foundation vs. The Nasty Boys - Wrestlemania VII **1/2
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Mr. Perfect - Summer Slam 1991 ****1/2
WWF Intercontinental Championship: Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. “The British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith - Summer Slam 1992 ****3/4
Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Bam Bam Bigelow, Barcelona - Spain 4/24/93 ***
Semi-Final Match: Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Mr. Perfect - King of the Ring 6/13/93 ****3/4
Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. “The Rocket” Owen Hart - Wrestlemania X *****

DISC THREE

WWF Championship Match: Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. “The King of Harts” Owen Hart - The Action Zone 9/29/94 ***3/4
Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Hakushi - In Your House I ***1/4
WWF Championship, No Holds Barred: Bret “The Hitman” Hart vs. Diesel - Survivor Series 1995 ****
WWF Championship Match: Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. “British Bulldog” Davey Boy Smith w/Jim Cornette & Diana Smith - In Your House V - Season's Beatings ****1/4
No Disqualification Submission Match: Bret “The Hitman” Hart vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin - Wrestlemania 13 *****
WWF Championship: Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. The Undertaker - One Night Only 1997 **** - ****1/4
Owen Hart Tribute Match: Bret “Hitman” Hart vs. Chris Benoit - WCW Nitro 10/4/99 n/a too emotional to RATE

OVERALL: I have nothing bad to say about disc one it is so fucking AMAZING i think i've seen it over 25 times (well i've seen the dvd around 25 times as well i'll get to that later) It never get boring maybe that's because i'm a bret mark. BUT YEAH this is a special, special dvd. MATCHES ARE NEXT. disc 2 is WOW level and it really showcases Bret's talent and storytelling, the matches matches are from Bret's golden years, and the quality reflects that. Outside of the Nasty Boys match, there's nothing but GODNESS on this disc. The matches with Mr. Perfect, Davey Boy Smith and Owen Hart are all must see matches. However, the rare matches with Steamboat, DiBiase and the Rockers are arguably even more valuable. Disc 3 really shows Bret the main eventer and the BEST WRESTLER IN THE WORLD. One thing that makes this disc truly great is that is shows ret going outside of his comfort zone by wrestling big men, a brawler, and the next generation of technician. In these situations, he continues to deliver. This disc has arguably the greatest match ever on it and a number of other great matches. Between the wrestling and the documentary, I don't know if this DVD set will ever be topped.

THE GREATEST DVD WWE HAVE EVER AND WILL EVER RELEASE. 10/10, GO BUY THIS DVD NOW PLEASE!!!!!!!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
e19e970590b74dbfb1577d2e70f78940.jpg

DISC ONE

The Documentary: "The Rise and Fall of ECW" is pretty much what it says it is—the story of the birth, popularization, and eventual demise of one of the most controversial wrestling organizations ever. Narrated entirely by the players involved, the story of ECW is exciting both from a wrestling point of view and in an historical context. The vast majority of the story is told by Paul Heyman himself, and the program begins at the point in history where he is given control of the promotion. Tommy Dreamer and Tazz both also have a lot to say, while dozens of other ECW stars get to put their two cents'. The only glaring omissions is are Sabu and Sandman, and as I understand it they aren't usually too coherent anyways. The good thing about the doc is that it's 3 hours long and split into 3 parts Hour One: 1992-96, Hour Two: 1996-98, Hour Three: 1999-2001. After some more wrestler profiles, Paul talks about the break from the NWA, and the famous speech where Shane Douglas throws the NWA World Heavyweight Championship belt down. In all honesty, in retrospect, this speech isn't as shocking and amazing as it's given credit for. But I think you had to be there. Sure, it's a great bit of mic work, and you can tell that the crowd is SHOCKED and doesn't know how to react. But in the weeks that followed, Douglas's fans certainly knew how to react, and that was certainly the high point of his career. Paul also makes a point that is often forgotten. Not only did ECW have the most violent matches, they also put out some of the most revolutionary *wrestling* at the time, with cruiser-sized guys like Dean Malenko, Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho putting on technical masterpieces bereft of weaponry. When the Big Two started to catch on and put on a few matches like that themselves, Paul E had to innovate again, so he brought Lucha Libra to the States. The next several chapters are about the fans. My favorite idea is "bring your own weapon night." You really get taken in here and you feel like you belong to this incredible cult that is the ECW fanbase. Wrestlers fighting though the crowd, bashing each other into chairs held by fans, catching Spike Dudley and surfing him around the arena. This is stuff that has never really happened anywhere else in pro wrestling, and this is why Paul E. "gets it" where Vince McMahon doesn't. He realizes that HE isn't making any stars—it's the FANS who make stars. It's the FANS who decide who's over, and you really can't force the fans to love anyone. We get a nice segment on Tazz breaking his neck, and on the Luchadores arrival, and then another famous guy gets on - Steve Austin. This is an incredibly funny segment and really punctuates what ECW was about. Steve just totally goes off on WCW and of course, he's RIGHT. Anyone who couldn't see that Austin was bound for superstardom at this point was deaf, blind and stupid. Austin's segment is a great way to start in about the outstanding promo work that was done in ECW as well, in particular that of the legendary Mick Foley, in his Cactus Jack persona. And we get a bunch of those promos here as well. Paul E. calls them the best in the history of the business, bar none. I leave that up to you to decide. Next up is a look at a lot of the controversial angles run in ECW, including Sandman's own kid calling him a drunk, Blue Meanie's BWO parody, and the lesbian affair between Kimono and Beulah. And right around now ECW gets noticed by Vince McMahon - when the crowd starts chanting ECW at the King of the Ring. Seeing the obvious popularity of the brand, they run a brief inter-promotional angle when the WWF runs its next PPV in Philadelphia. While this is a great idea and worked on a number of levels, here's the first time of many where I want to smack the shit out of Vince McMahon. From this point in the video on out, they randomly interject Vince's opinions, which always amount to the same thing: "ECW was never able to compete with me. I never stole from them, but Paul did a good job." To this day, Vince doesn't get it. Despite the WWF Attitude era being the obvious result of merging the ECW hardcore philosophy with the WWF's promotional machine and production values, Vince still denies that ECW mattered all that much. They kind of gloss over the struggle to get to onto PPV. "We couldn't get onto PPV, then the fans petitioned to get us on PPV, then the PPV got pulled, then it got back on." This is in part due to a relatively well known incident where an unknown kid named Mass Transit subbed as an opponent for New Jack, who basically beat the living shit out him. For real. Lawsuits, national exposure, blah blah blah, basically some stupid kid didn't know what he was getting himself into, and thankfully for ECW, the courts saw it the same way. Eric Bischoff gets a a chance to make a few comments about the WWF/ECW crossover, and he comes across as very much the slimy promoter he played in WCW. Perhaps this is another instance of the best gimmicks being closest to the real personality. In any case, as is to be expected in a WWE production, there's a lengthy segment on the crossover, and Jerry Lawler in particular treats ECW like a second-rate promotion. Which, to an extent, they may have been, but the entire crowd is chanting EE-SEE-DUB on YOUR SHOW. That, one would think, would have earned them a little more respect. Right around this time ECW makes its PPV debut with Barely Legal. And it is truly an excellent culmination of all things ECW. The television execs wanted control over the product, workers pissed off at being left off the show, and, of course, an open mic for pretty much whoever wants it. One of the big draws was Taz vs. Sabu, the culmination of a nearly year-long feud where they kept the two of them apart. This is classic slow burn, and all you have to do is look at the live crowd to see how successful it was. This is another one of the amazing things about ECW - you just don't see crowds going nuts like this anymore. The only time I've ever see a crowd erupt like this was at the height of Stone Cold's popularity. Also on the card was Terry Funk's one and only ECW World Championship victory. This is a great emotional moment that is really difficult to do justice in words. But Funk's sense of victory is secondary to the swell of pride and sense of accomplishment that you see on Paul Heyman's face as he describes what is arguably the high point for ECW. Successfully pulling off the PPV was, in his mind, ECW's introduction to the big dance. The reality of ECW is a lot like a wrestling angle, where the little guy finally makes good. And the emotion put forth by Paul—sometimes subtly, sometimes no—just pulls you in. Anyone who watches and DOESN'T get emotionally hooked simply is not a wrestling fan. Of course, like the babyface who finally defeats his rival in the ring, the reign comes to an end, and the downfall of ECW is as painful to watch as its rise was uplifting. We start with the inevitable departure of talent, starting with Raven, the grungy, punk-like, counter-culture figurehead that seemed to personify ECW itself. If you have fond memories of his time in WCW, think of how you'd have felt if he had sold out to WWF. That's exactly how the ECW fans felt, and it's very hard not to sympathize with them. The downfall is much less interesting, in my view, with Paul E, Eric and Vince all offering half-baked, biased opinions as to why the promotion couldn't stay afloat. The disastrous deal with TNN is covered in great detail, along with Paul's big on-camera promo about how much the network hates him and he dares them to cancel them. There's a brief piece on the departure of the Dudleys, and much to my dismay, only Buh Buh Ray and D-Von are mentioned. In fact, the rest of the Dudley clan (Big Dick Dudley, Sign Guy Dudley, Dances With Dudley and Dudley Dudley) are never so much as mentioned throughout the disc. Paul also insists that had they signed another TV deal, the promotion would still be alive today. I personally don't see how, if they survived without TV for so long before TNN, they couldn't survive after TNN, but perhaps that's an example of the lack of business acumen so many wrestlers mention about Paul. Thus, ECW dies with a whimper instead of a bang. There are a lot of great moments scattered throughout the disc that I'll leave up to the viewer to discover. Without a doubt, this is the best wrestling DVD I've ever seen, and it's definitely worth your while to find the three hours needed to watch the whole thing. And you'll want to watch it more than once, because it's impossible to absorb everything that's being said in just one viewing.

DISC TWO

The Pitbulls vs. Raven & Stevie Richards (Best of 3 Dog Collar Chain Match) 9/16/95 ****
Rey Mysterio Jr vs. Psychosis (Best of 3) 10/17/95 ****
Mikey Whipwreck vs. The Sandman 10/28/95 **1/2
2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sabu 2/17/96 ***1/2
Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven 6/6/97 ***3/4
Taz vs. Bam Bam Bigelow 3/1/98 **1/2
Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn 5/16/99 ***1/2

EXTRAS

Steven Richards Apologizes for Leaving ECW
Tazz Seeks Paul Heyman's Blessing
Paul Heyman: Travel Agent

Overall: The DVD is judged largely on the basis of its long and well thought out documentary that basically covers all the important matters in ECW History. There`s a reason they call this the best WWE Documentary of all time, and by `They` I mean virtually every critic out there. The First Disc didn`t have any extras but it`s not like it needed any, the matches on the second disc became an afterthought. Unlike the later release of Bloodsport and other ECW DVD releases since this mega successful one where they focused on the matches this was the opposite and instead told the story from beginning to end, and it was a fast three hours. Great set for that alone, and it only helped matters by including some great contests on Disc 2. These weren`t the absolute greatest matches in ECW history right there, but it`s still a credible selection with a ton of great material. A MUST OWN FOR ALL WRESTLING FANS.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
zkn1_wwe_history_world.jpg

DISC ONE

The Documentary: Long before Vince McMahon bought up every wrestling league he could get his hands on and incorporated it all under the WWE banner, there were regional leagues springing up around the country. In the infancy of professional wrestling, people like Frank Gotch and Ed "The Strangler" Lewis (who didn't actually really ever strangle anyone and was more of a technical grappler) helped the burgeoning sport find an audience as they packed bouts held in large venues around the country like New York City's Madison Square Gardens. As these and other wrestlers grew in popularity, their respective leagues all seemed to have their own belts awarded to their best guys. Then the DVD goes into the creation of the NWA, some notable champions Lou Thesz, Buddy Rogers through to the Ric Flair/Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race era and the creation of WCW. One line that cracked me up was ‘In 1993 the lineage of the title got a bit murky’. Really? You think? What with Flair taking the belt to WWE, WCW creating their own belt and then Flair returning, WCW leaving the NWA (thus effectively stopping any links from then with Frank Gotch etc.) I’d say ‘murky’ is a bit of an understatement. The look at the multiple champions during this time is a bit strange when you consider what WWE are currently doing their belts and one again they looked at a few ‘dubious’ champions including David Arquette, Vince Russo and then oddly Sid Vicious and Jeff Jarrett? Then they oddly say that ‘the prestige of the championship survived’ followed by Hogan winning? Odd how many people consider it was Hogan who saved WCW and Flair declaring he was the ‘greatest champion of our time’ is a little hard to swallow and I’m convinced that the question was: ‘If you don’t count wrestling ability or ability to put anyone over who is the greatest world champion?’ The closing of WCW saw the unification of the WWE and WCW championships which effectively is where the link to that belt ends and so the disk should end there. However, instead they decide to tell us the story of the reintroduction of the World Heavyweight Championship belt as it was given to Triple H. Yes, given. Not won, not went through a tournament or even just a one on one... No Bischoff just decided ‘Hey, I need a champion, who should it be? ... eeny meeny miny mo!’ We then have a look at who won from Shawn Michaels, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, but of course no mention of Benoit at all. It’s sad that this is only an hour, as there could easily be another hour of information that could be looked at here, but as a look at this title in its many forms, it is a nice overview and allows more time for the matches on the disks.

NWA World Heavyweight Championship (2 Out Of 3 Falls): Pat O'Connor vs. Buddy Rogers - Chicago, IL 1961 ****
NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Gene Kiniski vs. Dory Funk Jr. - Florida, 02/11/69 **1/4
NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Jack Brisco vs. Terry Funk - 12/10/75 ***1/4
NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: Harley Race vs. Dusty Rhodes - 8/21/79 ***
NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: AWA SuperClash with Ric Flair vs. Magnum TA - 9/28/85 ****
NWA World Heavyweight Championship Match: The Great American Bash '90 with Ric Flair vs. Sting - 7/7/90 ***1/2

DISC TWO

WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Clash of Champions XIV with Ric Flair vs. Scott Steiner - 1/30/91 ***
WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: The Great American Bash '91 with Lex Luger vs. Barry Windham - 7/14/91 *
WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Vader vs. Ron Simmons - Baltimore, MD 8/2/92 ***1/4
WCW World Heavyweight Championship (Human Cage Match): Vader vs. Ricky Steamboat - 10/16/93 ****1/4
WCW World Heavyweight Championship (Career Vs. Career Steel Cage Match): Halloween Havoc '94 with Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair - 10/23/94 ****
WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: SuperBrawl VIII with Sting vs. Hollywood Hogan - 2/22/98 *
WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Nitro with Hollywood Hogan vs. Goldberg - 7/6/98 *1/2
WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: Bash at the Beach '00 with Jeff Jarrett vs. Booker T - 7/9/00 **3/4
WCW World Heavyweight Championship Match: No Mercy '01 with The Rock vs. Chris Jericho - 10/21/01 ****1/4

DISC THREE

World Heavyweight Championship Match: Unforgiven '02 with Triple H vs. Rob Van Dam - 9/22/02 **1/2
World Heavyweight Championship Match: Taboo Tuesday '04 with Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - 10/19/04 **1/2
World Heavyweight Championship Match: No Way Out '06 with Kurt Angle vs. The Undertaker - 2/19/06 ****1/2
World Heavyweight Championship Match: SmackDown with Rey Mysterio vs. Randy Orton - 4/7/06 ****1/4
World Heavyweight Championship: Armageddon '07 with Batista vs. Undertaker vs. Edge - 12/16/07 ***1/2
World Heavyweight Championship Match: Survivor Series '08 with John Cena vs. Chris Jericho - 11/23/08 **1/2
World Heavyweight Championship (Ladder Match): Extreme Rules '09 with Jeff Hardy vs. Edge - 6/7/ 09 ***3/4
World Heavyweight Title: Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk - 6/7/ 09 1/4*

Overall: This set is a mix bag of good and bad. If you can ignore the logical flaws behind how WWE went from the original 1908 world title to the current one, you may enjoy the documentary. But the WWE dropped the ball on this one. It is very short, has a few errors, and takes some huge leaps of faith in order to make the claim that this title dates back to 1905. The best part of this documentary was the early part of the DVD when the era of Frank Gotch and George Hackenschmidt is discussed. I was disappointed that the short-lived reunion of the WCW and NWA in the early '90s wasn't discussed for more than a sentence as newer fans may be confused as to why the title was briefly very different looking than the one fans have been used to seeing since 1986. Some of the matches feel are pretty awesome some have no place on this dvd.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
scaled.php

WWF Intercontinental Title Match - Razor Ramon (C) vs. Jeff Jarrett ***1/4
The Undertaker vs. IRS *
WWF World Title Match - Diesel (C) vs. Bret Hart ****1/4
WWF Tag Team Title Tournament Finals - Bam Bam Bigelow/Tatanka vs. 1-2-3 Kid/Bob Holly **3/4
Royal Rumble Match **1/2

Overall: This was a surprisingly good wrestling show. The WWF title match was the highlight of the show. The Rumble was too fast and with rapid-fire entrants the ring got cluttered quickly and often. Shawn winning the rumble at #1 is not as impressive as it appears. Bob Backlund, Greg Valentine and Rick Martel lasted longer than he did in previous Rumbles and both lost. Flair won at #3 and was in there for an hour. The tag title win for Bob Holly and the Kid would be much more memorable if they did not lose them the next night on Monday Night Raw to the Smoking Gunns; Razor and Jarrett put on a good match too.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
j8390o.jpg

WWE No Mercy 2004 - Eddie Guerrero vs. Luther Reigns w/ Mark Jindrak **3/4
WWE No Mercy 2004 - Cruiserweight Title: Spike Dudley (w/The Dudley Boyz) vs. Nunzio (w/Johnny Stamboli.) **
WWE No Mercy 2004 - Billy Kidman vs. Paul London ***1/4
WWE No Mercy 2004 - WWE Tag Team Championship: Rene Dupree & Kenzo Suzuki vs. Rob Van Dam & Rey Mysterio **
WWE No Mercy 2004 - Big Show vs. Kurt Angle **3/4
WWE No Mercy 2004 - U.S. Title Finals, Best-of-Five: Booker T. vs. John Cena **
WWE No Mercy 2004 - Six-Person Intergender Match: Rico, Charlie Haas & Miss Jackie vs. Bubba Ray Dudley, D-Von Dudley & Dawn Marie **
WWE No Mercy 2004 - WWE World Heavyweight Championship, Last Ride Match: John Bradshaw Layfield vs. The Undertaker **1/2 - **3/4

Overall: If there was ever a PPV that was simply average, this was it. It wasn’t that any of the matches were bad, but nothing stood out as excellent or even very good. JBL escapes another challenge, Taker is dead i agin i think, Cena is once again on top of the midcard of Smackdown, Suzuki and Dupree still rule the tag ranks, and Spike still rules the Cruiserweight division. Big Show makes a big return and takes out Angle, who is also back in the thick of things. The Kidman/London story was good and was the highlight of the show. But a lot of it seemed like another episode of Smackdown.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
In_Your_House_1.jpg

Bret Hart v. Hakushi ***1/2 - ***3/4
Razor Ramon v. Jeff Jarrett & The Roadie ***1/4
King of the Ring Qualifying match: Mabel vs. Adam Bomb DUD
WWF Tag titles: Owen Hart & Yokozuna vs. The Smoking Gunns *1/2
Jerry Lawler vs. Bret Hart *3/4
WWF World title: Diesel vs. Sid *
The Undertaker (w/Paul Bearer) vs. Kama (w/Ted DiBiase) 1/4 *

Overall: except for Bret/Hakushi and possibly the handicap match FUCKING AWFUL PPV, you can get the Bret match on his dvd so this show is a avoid.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
WWE1336-front.jpg

DISC ONE

First of i want to say i have no idea why i did it chapter by chapter. BUT ANYWAYS

The Documentary: In my encounters with WWE produced DVDs (and in some cases, VHS tapes) highlighting the career of "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, one thing became clear: either the offering would be strictly kayfabe (wrestling terms for "in character") or a glossy overview padding a collection of noteworthy matches. The last big release was 2008's "The Legacy of Stone Cold Steve Austin" that finally highlighted Steve's early run in WCW as well as his short time in ECW, but for understanding the real Steve Austin, it would take until "Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Bottom Line on the Most Popular Superstar of All Time" to give fans not only a solid collection of matches to revisit but an exhaustive documentary that lets the man himself let you know how it went down, in a candid way only "Stone Cold" could get away with. Austin has had more than his fair share of DVDs, but the draw for me here (besides being blu-ray) was the documentary portion. I guess I am just a sucker for those.

1. Steve Williams was born in Austin, Texas in 1964 and then moved to Edna, Texas. He played baseball, ran track, and played football. The 2 big draws in Texas were football and then pro-wrestling. Austin remembers the day he flipped through the stations on TV and first saw Houston Championship Wrestling. He fell in love with the business, and so it began.

2. He went to North Texas University and made sure he always watched WCCW. He was drawn into the Von Erich/Freebird feud and he spent lots of time watching shows at the Sportatorium. He saw a commercial for Chris Adam’s Wrestling School and that was his start.

3. He progressed at a slow rate and he says that he basically sucked. Foley pops us to tell us he saw Austin at that wrestling school and everyone sucked, but he did notice this big blonde kid and he knew he would be somebody just based on his presence and charisma.

4. Steve had his first match and he basically says it sucked balls and that he was greener than goose shit. Nice! He got a call from Jerry Jarrett and he sent him to Nashville to work full time. Dutch Mantell was the booker and Jerry forgot to tell Dutch that Austin was coming.

5. We get the story of how Steve Williams became Steve Austin. Dutch told him he couldn’t be Steve Williams because already had a Steve Williams (Dr. Death). He gave Austin 15 minutes to come up with a name and he couldn’t, so off top of head Mantell tells you ok you will be Steve Austin. Steve didn’t like that because he didn’t want to be compared to Lee Majors and the 6 Million Dollar Man. Steve had that 1st match and he thought it went well and Mantell told him it sucked. Ha! He gave Austin the advice of sitting at the curtain and watching every match every night to learn. He then told him that he could call himself “Stunning” Steve Austin if he ever became a heel. Sure enough he gets shipped back to WCCW and this time he is going in as a heel.

6. There was a natural feud ready for him with Chris Adams and it involved their valets. They show an Austin promo against Adams and let’s say he has come a long way. The feud was big for Austin and he was named 1990 Rookie of the Year by PWI.

7. Paul Bearer shows up and he says that Austin clearly had the it factor who was a natural. We get hi-lights of Austin in the USWA and it’s night and day from what we saw at his peak in the WWE. He loved the USWA and says he learned so much because he asked questions from anyone and everyone. He learned to improvise because he was wrestling a lot of times in front of same people and had to tweak things or would get stale.

8. WCW shows some interest so Steve calls Dusty Rhodes and they agree to bring him down. Steve tells funny story about his first WCW match and as he waits in the back the announcer says “from Hollywood, California” and Austin is caught off guard and wonders who this guy is from Hollywood. Well, turns out it was Steve himself and he laughs about being from Hollywood with a Texas accent.

9. Again Foley says you knew this guy was going to be a big star and Arn Anderson says pretty much the same. His first title win comes against Bobby Eaton when he wins the TV Title. Austin praises Eaton and calls him one of his favorite guys. The TV Title and winning it from Eaton is still one of his proudest moments.

10. Dusty then promises him a big push with US Title and Harley Race as his manager. At that TV taping Brian Pillman tells him they need to come up with a finish as they are a tag team now. Austin calls bullshit and Dusty tells him things changed. Anderson says the company only saw Austin as a worker and blue collar guy when they were looking for marketable wrestlers. Damn! Think about that one for a second.

11. Austin and Pillman of course become one of the coolest and kick ass tag teams you will ever see. Eventually they decide to come up with a name and Pillman names them the Hollywood Blondes. Heyman mentions they were different personalities and had different styles, but that’s what made they work so well together. HHH says that since they were together they could push boundaries that would be harder to do if you were on your own. Foley says that team is where Steve started to show more of his true personality and we get footage from “Flair for the Old.” Tremendous! They got too over for the higher ups in WCW, so they were split up without any true blow-off to their feud.

12. Austin moved onto a higher plateau and that meant a feud with Steamboat. Austin calls Steamboat of the greatest ever. Everyone puts over the matches they had and HHH mentions he would often rush back from his match to get changed and find a seat to watch what Austin and Steamboat were going to do. Austin asks Steamboat at the time what he was missing to be a big time player and Steamboat tells him he isn’t missing anything.

13. Regal claims Austin was held back in WCW and we get Fall Brawl 94 footage where Austin gets beat by Duggan in 10 seconds for the US Title. Regal, Heyman, and Anderson all point out that Steve needed a true break.

14. Steve gets a call from WCW saying he needs to call Eric Bischoff. Steve mentions he knew something bad was going to happen. He calls Bischoff back and he gets story that based on what he makes that they are terminating the agreement. Austin says so you are saying that I am fired. In an interesting twist Austin says that he now understands why he was fired. At the time he was pissed, but now he doesn’t blame Bischoff because he wasn’t a real draw for the company and was getting paid a lot of money to be a solid worker that a lot of other guys could fill that spot for less money. Hearing him say he doesn’t blame Eric at all for firing him is kind of weird considering what was to come in ECW.

15. Speaking of which the first person to call Steve is Paul Heyman and they have roots to WCW and the Dangerous Alliance. Paul offers Steve a chance in ECW and Austin says he can’t due to injured arm. Heyman says he will pay him to come talk just once a week. He offered Steve a platform to air his frustrations, and boy did that pay off for both parties. Steve mentions that after all that happened in WCW he did develop some pent up frustration and that he needed to have a chip of his shoulder.

16. Jericho says that to get over you have to be somewhat of an asshole and stand up for yourself. They show various high points of his promos in ECW and just insane how good this stuff was. You could see that he was clearly finding his voice and character. The “Monday Nyquil” shit with Bongo is hilarious and everyone puts over how awesome the promos were.

17. They show the promo where Steve finally ditches the long hair and looks like The Ringmaster. Heyman says it as all Austin as he basically just put a camera on him and said go. Austin says that Heyman helped him a lot however, and helped him find his voice.

18. Now the WWE wants Steve and Joey Styles mentions that Austin in ECW was the start of the Stone Cold character. Styles mentions that apparently WWE officials never watched ECW as Austin was brought in as a utility guy called The Ringmaster who didn’t speak and instead had Dibiase as a mouth piece. Joey clearly has a point.

19. Vince says he saw Steve in WCW and was impressed with his mechanical skills, but didn’t see any charisma. The fact that he didn’t mention seeing Steve in ECW only backs up the point Joey Styles made. Austin says being called the Ringmaster blew, and he let Patterson know when they came up with the gimmick.

20. Brisco tells Vince that Austin hates the gimmick and thinks we’re playing with him. Vince then tells Brisco that if Austin can come up with something better to let them know. Steve says he was watching a special on serial killer Richard Kuklinski. He thought was something about the guy and how he had no emotion and was a cold, ruthless individual. He tells the office about his idea and they fax him a shit load of new names for the character. Austin lists off 3 of those names: Otto Von Ruthless, Ice Dagger, and Fang McFrost! “Man it don’t get any more suck ass than that.” –Steve Austin. He was shocked that the creative geniuses at WWE came up with these names. From what we have seen in recent years with the FCW guys shit hasn’t gotten any better. He wife at time told him he would think of something and to start drinking his tea before it became stone cold. Bingo!

21. The character started to grow and soon Dibiase went to WCW and now Austin was on his own. That was a blessing in disguise and things built towards the King of the Ring in 1996. They bring up HHH being the favorite to win, but having that killed due to the MSG Curtain Call. Austin was next in line and in his first match with Mero he busted him mouth and had to go to hospital to get stitches. When he returned for finals against Jake Roberts he asked Michael Hayes what Jake said in his promo. Hayes mentions all the religious stuff and Austin immediately thinks of John 3:16 because would be a sign you always saw at football games. Thus he thought of Austin 3:16 on the spot and knew where he was going with his promo after the match. Austin wins the King of the Ring and now gives the legendary promo and you can hear the audible reaction from the crowd when he first says “Austin 3:16 says I just whipped your ass.” That one promo changed the face of the WWE forever even if nobody knew it at the time.

22. The next day Austin 3:16 signs started popping up at RAW and Jericho says it greatest catchphrase in the history of the business. Austin now had a clear direction and he became a kick ass, trash talking heel that wouldn’t back down. Bret Hart took some time off and when he returned he handpicked Austin as his opponent for Survivor Series 96. Steve says that Bret told him he saw Austin coming before Austin saw him coming. The deliver a damn near perfect match at Survivor Series and a rivalry was born.

23. That leads to Steve screwing Bret out of the win at the 97 Royal Rumble and things just get building each and every week on RAW. This all lead to WrestleMania 13 and both guys new that they needed to switch places because of reaction Steve kept getting each passing week. Austin fucked up his knee a month prior and when he heard would be a submission match he was sure they were going to stink up the joint in Chicago.

24. Michaels, Punk, and Christian all put over how awesome the match was and that’s an understatement. Punk doesn’t feel they hated Bret as much as they loved Austin. Steve himself says the match wasn’t some prefabricated bullshit, but was a kicks ass pro-wrestling match. Austin put his trust in Bret as he promised to get Steve where they wanted to go. We get full color footage with Austin bleeding like a stuck pig and only makes me miss seeing blood (when called for) in a wrestling match. Even Bret mentions that blood had a purpose as it was to get more sympathy for Austin. Bret calls it artistically the greatest match he has ever had and nothing he’s ever done will tell a better story than what they did that night. Austin says what everyone now knows: That was the match that made his career, and the fans were ready for the Austin Era to begin.

25. Then we get to SummerSlam 1997 and the event that nearly killed any momentum as Owen accidentally drop Austin on his head with a seated tombstone piledriver. Austin says it was just a big gong sound going off in his ears and he felt on fire from the neck down. He didn’t want to lay there so he got the worst roll-up in history to win a match. Bret mentions that he told Owen he had to call the guy, but for whatever reason he never did and Bret thinks Owen did handle the situation wrong. He says that it soured the relationship Austin and Owen had from that point. Austin says that while he is a tough guy on that night he was 99% lucky and 1% tough. He started seeing any and every doctor to get the ok to return to the ring and he knew he was risking things, but he was so hot he wanted to take that chance.

26. While he can’t be in the ring wrestling, he can still stun the shit out of various WWE officials and cut promos. He being out of action and having the system against him only added to his character. The WWE was entering a new Attitude period and Austin’s character fit in perfectly.

27. He stuns JR, Slaughter, refs, and it all builds to a RAW from Madison Square Garden. Punk says he was looking forward to the day when he would eventually stun McMahon and that it didn’t disappoint. We see the very first Stunner on McMahon and the crowd goes insane. Jericho crushes the way Vince took the Stunner and compares it to how a water bottle would take the Stunner. Too funny! It was a pretty piss poor bump, but man is the boss so what do you want.

28. Next we have the Montreal Screwjob and suddenly Vince is most hated man in WWE and they turned that low point into what would become quite possibly the greatest feud they’ve ever had:

29. THE START OF Austin vs. McMahon.

30. Before we get to that though, there was another young guy getting noticed and catching fire at same time: The Rock. They had a great feud in late 97/early 98 over the IC Title and you could see that both these guys were money. Austin mentions that while they hung out in different circles they had a bond and always brought out the best in each other. Austin eliminates Rock to win the 1998 Royal Rumble and he was heading to WrestleMania XIV.

31. Mike Tyson was a special guest at the Rumble and Vince tells Austin that Tyson is coming in for WrestleMania XIV. The epic Tyson/Austin confrontation happens and Foley says it worked so well because Tyson was a big wrestling fan and was willing to do anything. As others have said Tyson was worth a hell of a lot more than he was paid. Austin tells a funny inside story about how Tyson pushed him so hard that a bunch of $100 bills fell out of Mike’s pocket so all the guys in his posse were doing whatever they could to pick up the cash. Austin mentions that if they could have done Austin vs. Tyson on PPV after that they would have set records for PPV buys that nobody could have touched. That’s an interesting discussion there.

32. The next day Tyson being in the WWE was all over the news and it got the WWE a lot of attention. HHH says it catapulted Steve to another level. With all that momentum things just kept building and everything was heading towards WrestleMania XIV. It seemed like a foregone conclusion that Austin was getting the title so they stacked the deck by having Tyson join DX. Jericho mentions that Shawn was almost the 3rd wheel in the build. I’m sure that thought may have crossed Shawn’s mind at that time as well.

33. This was the WrestleMania that kicked off the Attitude Era and the Austin Era. Shawn mentions that he knew Steve was the guy and that the belt needed to go to Steve. Wow, that’s seem totally different than what others have said about Shawn during that time. Steve himself says he didn’t think the match was that good, but at same time it was the night when he won his first World Title and it came by beating Shawn Michaels. He knew he was the main now and that the company was on his back.

34. McMahon mentions that Austin shattered all records in terms of sold out shows, merchandise, and PPV buys. He hit the main stream and we get clips of him doing talk shows and appearing on Celebrity Death Match. Austin says that Vince didn’t ask him to do a lot of media appearances other than the big market stuff, but Austin says he was the guy and knew he had certain responsibilities as the top guy. Again Vince mentions nobody has equaled what he has done in the business and he’s not sure if anyone will be able to duplicate what he did.

35. The talk shifts to the crowd reaction he would get when the glass broke and Foley says he never knew a crowd could react that way until he was in the ring with him. Lawler says basically the same thing, and there truly is a difference between an Austin pop and what other’s received.

36. Bret says he wasn’t a fan of the show when he left, but he was always a fan of Steve and made sure to follow what he was doing. The McMahon/Austin feud was now the centerpiece of the company, and that meant introducing more comedy into their rivalry. That brings us to The Stooges and Austin says he loved working with those two. Briscoe mentions that for all he has accomplished in the business he is now most famous for being a Stooge. Austin never took it easy on them, and says the Stooges took a beating on a weekly basis. They would joke about the stiff shots, but they are tough bastards and wouldn’t want it any other way.

37. Austin talks about the dilemma of feuding with a guy who isn’t a trained pro-wrestler and how they had to make that work. He puts over Vince being smart enough to know how to throw more gas on the fire. McMahon discusses how anyone with an attitude could relate to Austin and what he was going through with Vince.

38. Jericho brings up how Austin character morphed into a game that would drive any vehicle. The zamboni is discussed first and Austin says he was told a few minutes before the show how to drive the thing. Next they discuss “Bang 3:16” and Vince pissing his pants. Then we get to the classic stuff and what Lawler calls his favorite Austin/McMahon moment. Vince is in a hospital and hooked up to a heart monitor for a bruised ankle as Foley lets us know. They knew Austin was going to hit Vince with the bed pan, and Steve was kind of worried because it was pretty damn solid. Vince told him it would be fine, so while Mick does his bit with Vince, Austin is out in the hall trying to find the sweet spot. They show Vince getting clobbered with the pan, and Lawler says he had to take his headsets off so people couldn’t hear how loud he was laughing. Too funny!

39. Jericho’s favorite is the cement truck and Austin talks about how he had to hit a certain mark or bit would have been screwed up on live TV. Next up is the beer truck, and Austin says there were 30 gallons of beer in that truck and then turned to water. Everyone loved the beer truck, and Austin loves the sell job by Vince, Shane, and The Rock.

40. The Rock was now an equal to Austin as they headed towards WrestleMania XV. CM Punk says a guy like Austin comes once a generation, but there is an exception to every rule, and in this case you had Austin and Rock. Miz says he was a Rock guy in high school and he lost a lot of money to his friends by always betting on the Rock. Dude really bet cash on pro-wrestling? I’m not judging, but who the fuck takes Rock over Austin at WrestleMania XV.

41. Speaking of XV, Austin says he was going through a divorce at the time, and it pissed him off so much he forgot his vest and thus the reason he worse an Austin shirt for that match. Foley says he was happy to just be a small part of that match as a referee. Austin reiterates that he had to get through some personal problems to deliver that kind of match.

42. Austin’s body starts to take some punishment as we roll through 1999 and everything starts to catch up with his neck. He sees a doctor and is told he has some serious issues and while he could probably keep going it won’t be the best for him in the long run. He then makes the decision to have surgery and at Survivor Series he get’s written out of the WWE via a hit and run. Great idea in theory, but they kind of fucked up the pay-off as they got too smart for their own good. Austin has the surgery and the 1st person he sees when he wakes up is Jim Ross. JR was with him through every step and that’s when he found out how good of a friend JR was.

43. HHH mentions that while Austin’s injury was like chum in the water and everyone was trying to take over his spot. Austin started to heal a little and Vince called to let him know he had plans for when he makes his return. Austin didn’t know if he wanted to come back and take a chance with his neck, but things started to get better and he knew he was coming back better than ever. He still knew he was taking a chance, but he had to be more careful about getting dropped on his head and neck.

44. When Austin finally returned The Rock had assumed the role as the top guy in the company. Austin was nervous about being gone so long and was worried if crowd would accept him. I think it turned out well for him that first night. Austin wins the 2001 Rumble and the big match is Austin/Rock at WrestleMania X-7. The sit down interview between the two is one of the best things you will ever see and thankfully they skip over the stupid idea of having Debra manage Rock for a few weeks. Austin saying “I need to beat you Rock, I need to beat you more than you can imagine,” still gives me chills.

45. WrestleMania X-7 takes place in the AstroDome and Austin gets one of the loudest reactions you will ever hear. Heyman mentions with a big grin on his face that he had the best seat in the house for the match and as a wrestling fan nothing was better. Austin admits that he felt he was getting stale and it was his idea to turn heel since Rock was the new #1 good guy. He then admits he made a mistake and if he could he would have called an audible and stunned Vince after the match. They thought it might work, but it didn’t work as well as they wanted because the fans just didn’t want to boo Austin. Another interesting twist as Austin says it was his idea to align with HHH because he thought it would help fans boo him.

46. People did start to boo him some after weeks of killing the Hardys and Taker/Kane with chairs, but crowd just couldn’t hate him. The best part of the heel turn was it gave Austin a chance to work on new aspects of his character. At King of the Ring, Booker T debuts and injuries Austin when he puts him threw a table. The leads to all the backstage skits with Debra, Vince, Austin, and Angle! Fuck yes!

47. Austin calls it a fun time and only happened because his back was fucked up. Angle was also injured at the time (from same King of the Ring show) and these skits helped him as well. The cowboy hats are still hilarious and Jericho makes sure to point out that Angle was great in the skits as well. True that! Austin says the great part was seeing a legit gold medal wrestler, a bad ass, and a billionaire in these skits was the hilarious part. Austin singing for Vince is pretty fantastic as well. He knows he can’t sing with a damn, but as a heel it doesn’t matter and that’s what made it all the more fun. More fun stuff as he nearly causes Taker to break character during a motivational speech that Vince is giving right before Invasion.

48. Now we get to the origin of “What.” It started with Austin leaving a voice mail for Christian with him saying “what” after each question he asked. A few months later the “what” chants started on TV and Christian couldn’t believe he made it work. The point was that as a heel he would say “what” to shoot down any threats made by baby faces. When he went back to being a face it was just a way to piss off the heels and let the crowd have fun. Jericho says he always had fun with the chants and it never bothered him.

49. Heading to WrestleMania X-8, Austin felt he was losing momentum and that it should have been Austin/Hogan instead of Rock/Hogan. Damn right! No matter how awesome Rock/Hogan was, I would so give that up for Austin/Hogan because I feel Rock/Hogan still would have happened later. The point is Austin wasn’t pleased with creative, and only gets worse from there.

50. In June they let Austin know they want him to lose on RAW to Lesnar in a qualifying match for King of the Ring. Austin calls that decision horseshit because why would you throw away that match on a free RAW as a qualifying match for King of the Ring. Austin says he has no problem losing if it is right for business. I agree 100% with Austin on this one because who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to give away Austin/Lesnar on free TV? That’s match that should have been saved for PPV and even Jericho even mentions giving that match away on free TV throws away 6 months of build and 6 months of revenue. I am just baffled at how fucking stupid that decision would have been.

51. HHH takes side of the company in respect that it was never a one man show and Austin shouldn’t have just walked out and went home. Austin says that he does regret the way he handled the situation and if he could he would haven’t no showed Atlanta. Again, Austin had a damn solid point, but I agree that taking his ball and going home wasn’t best way of handling things.

52. After a few months JR sets up Vince and Austin meeting in a hotel and they decided to work again. We are now in 2003 and Austin gets to beat the piss out of Bischoff at No Way Out. He enjoyed working with Eric and while the match was snug he didn’t take any liberties with Eric. That leads to WrestleMania XIX and we get Austin/Rock III. WrestleMania XIX is probably the most stacked card you will ever see and for whatever reason doesn’t get as much love as it deserves. Jericho/Michaels was a fucking mid card match on that show. Think about that one for a second.

53. Austin knew things we going to end for him, and the night before the show things start to go wrong. Austin starts having problems while at a gym with Nash, and when he gets back to the hotel he falls over in the hall. He sees a female official for the WWE and she calls an ambulance. Basically Austin spends the night before Mania in a hospital because his system was overloaded on energy drinks. He makes the PPV and while not as great as 2 years previously, it’s still Rock/Austin and it’s still kick ass. After Rock wins the match he pushes the ref away and pretends to talk trash to Austin, but really thanks him and lets him know that he loves him. Good deal! Seeing Austin and Rock both get choked up discussing this moment is pretty surreal and it shows how much each man things of the other. Rock is ever the class act as he leaves the ring to let Austin bask in the cheers in what was the last match of his career.

54. Austin becomes co GM of RAW with Bischoff and fun times ensue. Steve loved working with Eric and thinks they had a great natural chemistry with each other. They knew where they needed to go but did adlib most of what they said. He does feel that they were separated way too early and he is not sure why it stopped so suddenly.

55. After that ended Austin becomes the sheriff of RAW which is just a variation of every other authority figure we have ever seen. The main difference is that Austin gets to ride a 4 wheeler to the ring and obviously Austin was down with that idea. He also got to wear a cute little badge and Jericho says only Austin could get that over and still be a bad ass. Next we discuss how Austin always gave the live show a show after the cameras stopped rolling. This is some great stuff here as Austin has a blast with Lillian Garcia, cameramen, the fans, and whatever WWE Superstars happen to be there at the time. Foley says he thinks it was done because Austin couldn’t give them a show in the ring so he went above and beyond to entertain. Lillian Garcia looked like she was having a blast and I wish I was at some of these shows to see this stuff. The crew and producers had to tell Austin to wraps things up because things were going way to long, but Austin still kept going. The Beer Bashes follow and everyone has fun with those as well.

56. Punk calls Austin a license to print money no matter what he decides to do in the future. That leads to Austin getting into the movies. He mentions he was originally picked to do the Marine, but his agent told him wasn’t a good movie and would kill his career. Austin says that was a stupid decision as he didn’t have a career and he just passed on a starring role. Good point! Austin finally gets his own movie a few years later in The Condemned. Austin enjoyed the movie and various Superstars heap praise on him for it. Vince thinks Austin is more than action star and that he could do comedy and be a leading man.

57. Next WWE puts Austin as the head trainer of the newest version of Tough Enough. Everyone says was a perfect role for Austin as he was great off the top of his head. We get various clips of Austin verbally abusing the kids and pretty damn funny. For Austin it wasn’t a role and he was 100% there to help those kids. Bret mentions Austin was perfect guy because he was so direct and forward with the kids, and he has a lot he can teach.

58. Finally Austin gets inducted by Vince into the Hall of Fame the night before WrestleMania XXV and I am proud to say I was there to see it. This was first year they put a limit on how long guys could talk and it kind of pissed me off as I wanted to sit there for hours and hear stories, but sadly it didn’t happen.

No Mercy: 16th May, 1999 - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Undertaker vs. Triple H
Raw: 8th October, 2001 - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle
No Mercy: 21st October, 2001 - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Kurt Angle vs. Rob Van Dam
WrestleMania XIX: 30th March, 2003 - Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock

Special Features On Disc ONE (I totally forgot to add these)

-“The Autograph:” Austin tells story of going to a seminary about the school being run by Chris Adams. It was at the sportatoruim and as they wait for the seminar fans pour out after TV taping they start asking Austin for an autograph. He tells them he isn’t a wrestler yet, but fans don’t care so he signs a few autographs with his legal name: Steve Williams. At the seminar Adams keeps picking out Austin and harps that just because he played football doesn’t mean he can be a wrestler. It pisses Austin off so after the seminar he tells Adams that if he teaches him he will prove he can do this.

-“Hair Club:” He starts losing his long hair and he asks Chris Adams (his mentor) what he should do. He doesn’t have any answers so he calls The Hair Club for Men. Awesome! They want to put plugs in his hair and he hauls ass out of there.

-“The Rattlesnake:” He gets the nickname from Jim Ross and that’s all they really mention here.

-“Tangled:” HHH tells funny story about 1999 SummerSlam where Austin got so excited during the match he flipped over the rope and got tangled with his knee brace caught. He nearly fell on his head and HHH had to help the ref untangle him while both are nearly laughing during a PPV Main Event. Heh!

-“Punked:” CM Punk tells about his first meeting with Austin. He actually had a picture taken with Austin at a bar in Chicago when Punk was 15 and sported bright red, spiked hair. Thankfully they show the awesome picture and I am sure you can find it easily. Then at RAW anniversary show Punk sees Hogan and goes to introduce himself and shake his hand, but Hulk blows him off and walks away with his posse. Austin yells at Punk and calls him a straight edge rascal right after and gives Punk a hug. That’s a nice way of pissing on Hogan and putting over how cool Austin is at the same time.

-“The Stunner:” Michael Hayes invented the move in WCW and showed it to Austin one day and he decided to use it as his finisher. We get various clips of everyone taking the Stunner and who takes the best and worst. Austin puts over the way Scott Hall, Shane McMahon, and The Rock all sold the stunner. He gives the award to Rock and really not a surprise because Rock sold that thing like it killed him. I also agree with Hall and especially Shane taking kick ass Stunners. The worst it seemingly Vince as Austin never knew how he would react to the Stunner.

-Now we get another Stone Cold montage set to a Zakk Wylde’s “Bleed for Me.” This one is for those that probably thought the George Strait one was too soft and emotional.

Overall: FUCKING AMAZING documentary THIS IS MY 3RD FAVORITE DOCUMENTARY THE WWE HAS PUT OUT 1st being the ECW oen then the Bret one. The only thing that stops this from being a LEGIT 10/10 is the zero mention of the hhh/austin feud or even his little return at backlash '00. UP NEXT THE MATCHES :mark: The four matches they had on this dvd was okay but i would of took out the angle/austin and 3 way from 2001 out and would of added the Summerslam 2001 match in instead. I understand why they put Rock/Austin III in the No Mercy '99 match is fucking awful and would of preferred another Hollywood blondes match hell even a different 00-01 match. AHHHHHHH IF ONLY BENOIT WAS STILL ALIVE.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
DISC TWO

Chris Adams vs. Steve Austin (w/Jeannie) - USWA 5/90 *1/4
Sting & Ricky Steamboat vs. Ric Flair & Steve Austin (w/Sensuous Sherri) - WCW Saturday Night 07/30/94 ****1/4
King of the Ring Finals: Steve Austin vs. Jake Roberts (06/23/96) *
Submission Match: Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin (03/23/97) *****
Intercontinental Title: Steve Austin vs. The Rock (w/the Nation – 12/06/97) **
WWF Heavyweight Title: Shawn Michaels (w/DX) vs. Steve Austin (3/29/98) **1/2
WWF Heavyweight Title: Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Dude Love (05/31/98) ****1/4
WWF Heavyweight Title: Steve Austin vs. The Undertaker (08/30/98) ***1/4
WWF Heavyweight Title: Steve Austin vs. The Big Show (3/22/99) *3/4
WWF Heavyweight Title: The Rock vs. Steve Austin (03/28/99) ***1/2
WWF Heavyweight Title, No DQ: The Rock vs. Steve Austin (04/01/01) *****

DISC THREE

WCW Saturday Night: June 5, 1993
1. The "A Flare for the Old" segment. he Hollywood Blondes mocking Ric Flair and his “Flair for the Gold” interview segment he had each week. Pillman hobbles out with a cane and wearing a bad wig doing his best Flair impression. He then interviews Austin. Arn shows up rather pissed and starts to beat the hell out of Austin in the ring, but Pillman uses the cane to make the save as we are out of time.

ECW Hardcore TV: Oct 10, 1995
2. The "A Bunch of Violent Crap" ECW promo. Austin promo that covers his firing from WCW and all the problems he had with management there. He does a pretty dead on Dusty impression as he goes through all the ideas he pitched WCW. His Hogan impression isn’t as good here as it would be later, but still pretty funny. He bitches that he became complacent in WCW and then the injury in Japan led to him being fired. He was hottest free agent and then came to ECW because they had the right figure. The second half has him tearing ECW apart and calling it violent crap. Jerry Lawler basically made the same claims 2 years later against ECW. Great interview here and it only gets better. They include what happens after the interview when the camera pans to several ECW wrestlers watching who mark out for the promo.

ECW Hardcore TV: Oct 31, 1995
3. Beulah’s Box and this is the "Monday NyQuil." promo and I must add that Beulah looks absolutely smoking hot. Dreamer is one lucky bastard! Anyway she tosses it to Austin who is sitting at a table dressed as Eric Bischoff and welcomes us to Monday Nyquil: Where the Big Boys Play with Each Other. AWESOME! Even more awesome is that he has a bongo next to him to represent Bongo McMichaels. Shit is just too awesome as he crushes WCW for their older roster and crushes Bischoff for firing people over the phone.

ECW Hardcore TV: Dec 19, 1995
4. Austin has a shaved head with a little peach fuzz. I think this is the best interview of the lot as he makes every excuse possible for losing to Whipwreck and The Sandman in ECW Title Matches.

In Your House: Mind Games: Sept 22, 1996
5. They were building up Austin to be the challenger for Bret when he made his return at Survivor Series. The idea here is that Austin called out Bret, but obviously he didn’t show up at this PPV. Pillman does the interview and Owen is there to rub it in as well. Austin unloads on Bret saying "If you put the letter 's' in front of 'Hitman' you have my exact opinion of Bret Hart." and promises to whip his ass when they do meet.

WWF Livewire: Oct 19, 1996
6. Livewire was WWF’s Saturday Morning show that had fans call in or send in AOL messages. It was a cool idea, but soon WWF got tired of smark fans bringing up ECW/WCW or whatever Vince didn’t want on his television show. Austin basically scares the shit out of Sunny and Pettengill for segments on end and rages against the WWF system, Bret Hart, Savio Vega, and Brian Pillman. Dude was working out the kinks of his kick ass character and this was fun to watch. I will also notice Austin calls Pettengill a jabroni long before The Rock started using it the next year.

RAW: Nov 4, 1996
7. The "Home Invasion" angle :mark: Austin breaks into the home of an injured Brian Pillman (who has a gun in hand). They were nearly thrown off of USA for this, but personally I thought it was a great angle. Sure Pillman pointing the gun at Austin and throwing out curse words seems a little over the edge, but that’s what made it so great. The brawl with Austin and Pillman’s friends before he gets into the house is pretty brutal as well, and I can’t forget to mention my favorite part. That being Brian Pillman’s classic line: “When Austin 3:16 meets Pillman 9 MM Glock I’m going to blast his sorry ass straight to hell!”

Slammy Awards: March 21, 1997
8. Ahmed Johnson teases presenting the award to Austin, but instead it goes to Rocky Maivia. Pettengill informs Austin that he came in second place so he decides to head to the podium because he never finishes second. He threatens whoever counted the votes and accuses Maivia of burning up the phone lines to get the votes he needed. He also says he will take IC Title from Rocky whenever he wants, but he has bigger fish to fry and turns his attention to Bret and special ref, Ken Shamrock. The UFC actually gets name dropped by Austin as he threatens to make Shamrock suffer so hard times. The live crowd was just eating Austin up here!

Slammy Awards: March 21, 1997
9. Austin wins the Freedom of Speech Award. Austin threatens to send Bret back to Calgary. Austin and the New Blackjacks then attack Doink the Clown because everyone was sick of him.

RAW: April 21, 1997
10. "We're All Goin' Straight to Hell." From Raw. Austin attacked Bret Hart and re-injured his knee. The medics strap Bret to a gurney and load him in the ambulance. Whoops. Austin has actually dispatched the driver and jumps Bret while he's helpless. This is one of those segments that's been so copied over the years that it's lost its meaning, but at the time it was considered one of the best segments in WWE history.

RAW: Sept 22, 1997
11. The 1st ever Stunning of Vince McMahon and it happens at Madison Square Garden. The set-up sees Vince trying to reason with Austin and letting him know that the WWF is trying to protect him from himself. The crowd erupts when the Stunner is hit and you see a lot of fans shaking their heads in disbelief over the idea that Vince was assaulted. Austin lets the cops arrest him and that only makes the crowd cheer him even more. Obviously Vince would eat about a million more Stunners and he generally sucked at taking them.

RAW: Jan 19, 1998
12. Vince brings out Mike Tyson to make a special announcement, but Austin interrupts before we can hear what the announcement is. He gets face to face with Tyson, talks trash, and then flips him off which starts a pull a part brawl between the two. Vince tries to kick at Austin and screams at him for ruining everything. Biggest celebrity involvement possibly ever for the WWF as it hit all the media outlets that night and morning and Austin was the emerging face of the WWF. For his part Tyson was more than game and seemed to have a blast during his various runs with the WWE. That’s why I have no problem with him being put into the Celebrity Wing of the Hall of Fame this year.

RAW: March 30, 1998
13. The night after WrestleMania and McMahon heads to the ring with the newly designed WWF Title (The Winged Eagle retired the night before when Austin beat Michaels) to present it to Austin. He heads down to the ring with the Winged Eagle title which looks so out of place on him for whatever reason. He tosses the belt at Vince’s feet and takes the new belt. Vince tries to bury the hatchet with Austin since he is now the face of his company. Austin sees through his bullshit and lets Vince know that he can’t mold him or break him. In a funny moment Vince lets it slip that he loves Austin, but it was only a figure of speech. The whole point of this to make clear that Austin won’t be Vince’s corporate champion or his puppet and will continue to do whatever he pleases. Vince tells him they can do things the easy way or hard way and naturally Austin chooses the hard way by Stunning Vince.

RAW: Sept 28, 1998
14. Vince is prepared to present the WWF Title (The previously retired Winged Eagle version) to either the Undertaker or Kane (they pinned Austin the previous night at the same time), but Austin breaks up the party by driving a zamboni to the ring. He jumps off the zamboni and delivers a flying clothesline to Vince as the crowd goes bat shit crazy. Another great moment!

RAW: Oct 5, 1998
15. This is the final segment that saw the birth of Mr. Socko earlier and Mankind just generally annoy the piss out of a bed ridden Vince. Why Vince needed a heart monitor, oxygen, and IV fluids for a bruised ankle is not known, but only makes things funnier. Austin, posing as a doctor, attacks Vince and hits a hilarious bed pan shot to the head as Vince falls off his bed in a hospital gown. Things end with Austin performing a colonoscopy on Vince because he is full of shit! Classic!

RAW: Oct 12, 1998
16. Vince, hoping to prove that he doesn't sweat Austin, drives his Corvette to the arena. Vince is doing his best Kevin Spacey in "Horrible Bosses" (or "Swimming With Sharks") impression. Of course, he leaves the Corvette parked where any schmo with a cement mixer can back up to it and fill it up with cement. Austin just happens to be that schmo. Vince's look of horror is superb.

RAW: Oct 19, 1998
17. Vince fired Austin, so he did what any ex-employee would do: namely kidnap his former boss and terrorize him in front of millions of people. The end game occurs in the ring where Austin teases shooting McMahon with a bow and arrow and a gun. Before doing so he puts a letter in Vince’s pocket (Shane giving Austin a new contract), and then pulls the trigger to reveal a fake gun unloading a “Bang 3:16” flag. The payoff is Vince pissing his pants and thus we get “McMahon 3:16 says I just pissed my pants.” No way in hell do they ever attempt anything like this again!

RAW: March 22, 1999
18. This has been covered thousands of times it seems, but why not go over it one more time. This is the go home show to WrestleMania XV and Austin breaks up a Shane, Vince, Rock promo by driving a Coors Light truck to the ring. He hoses down all three men and everyone at ringside with a shit load of beer (as we learned in the documentary it eventually turns into water) and Vince sells it tremendously by doing the breast stroke! This is quite possibly the most famous Austin moment outside an actual match.

RAW: April 19, 1999
19. The Rock hosts a funeral for Austin, and yeah, it’s pretty awesome. The eulogy given by The Rock is hilarious and you can see that the crowd is slowly starting to get behind him at this point. The Rock had teases throwing Austin’s Smoking Skull Title in the river earlier, but he has it with him and plans to bury it. It was a nice throwback to their IC Title feud with added effect of Austin getting tossed into the river. Austin shows up outside with a Stone Cold monster truck and he runs over Rock’s Lincoln Continental. Things end with Austin driving to ringside and a brawl erupts between the two. The Rock eats a belt shot and gets tossed into an open grave.

Survivor Series: Nov 19, 2000
20. Austin gets revenge on HHH (who put Rikishi up to the hit and run) by trapping him in a car, lifting it 30 feet in the air, and dropping it presumably killing HHH. Don’t worry though as he was back in a few weeks with just a few minor cuts and bruises.

SmackDown: March 22, 2001
21. Jim Ross interviews Austin and the Rock in anticipation of their X-7 match. Austin is grumpy and says his journey back to prominence is over. Rock and Austin agree to put Debra out of the match. Thank God! For those who don't remember, they started out building the feud around Debra being assigned to manage the Rock. Much testosterone bubbles over as they build the match. Conflict is fun.

SmackDown: July 5, 2001
22. We are in the middle of the Invasion Angle and the paranoid, heel, angle for Austin. I love this time period and all this stuff is genius. Austin tries to cheer up Vince (who was busted on RAW making out with Torrie Wilson while his bare ass was showing) by giving him a cowboy hat. Austin has one for himself as well. Not to be left out Austin presents one to Kurt and it’s a toy cowboy hat, but doesn’t matter to Angle. Too damn funny!

SmackDown: July 12, 2001
23. This is just after Steph was revealed as owner of ECW and Vince needs cheered up. There was a lot of Austin trying to cheer up Vince during this time. Austin breaks out a guitar and sings kumbaya and it’s amazing nobody cracked up from laughing. Vince doesn’t seem thrilled so Austin goes into singing a modified version of “We are the Champions.” We come back later with Austin still singing and Kurt shows up. He and Austin compete for Vince’s attention and Kurt gets his chance to sing. He does a modified version of “Jimmy Crack Corn,” and Vince leaves. The fact I still crack up every time I see this just proves how hilarious this was. I applaud everyone involved in these segments.

Vince gives a pep talk to Team WWF (Austin, Angle, Jericho, Kane, and Taker) and Austin keeps repeating Vince’s thoughts. As mentioned on the documentary he was trying to make Taker laugh and break character. To his credit Taker doesn’t break character, but you can clearly see that he was getting close.

SmackDown: July 19, 2001
24. Vince tries to cheer up Stone Cold and bring him back into the WWF fold – with song! Austin says Vince's guitar is out of tune and smashes it over Vince's head.

RAW: Jan 14, 2002
25. Austin cuts a promo on the final RAW before the Royal Rumble and what gets said about a thousand times. This was around the peak of the “what” craze and Austin had a ball with the running gag. This started out funny, but I started to get burned out with all the “what” by the end. Even the crowd started to cool off towards the middle, but it goes so long that they get back into it again. The funny part is Austin getting so caught up he drops the f bomb and nearly loses it from laughing.

Insurrextion: June 7, 2003
26. This was a UK PPV with Jericho hosting Bischoff on the High Light Reel and they insult the fans until Austin interrupts. The lack of a Jeritron 2000 disappoints me! Austin goes crazy listing off all the pints he drank and while Bischoff stays in character you can see Jericho losing it at times. Austin changes a match with Nash and HHH to a Street Fight. Jericho gets annoyed and starts firing off names of various bands from England so the crowd can chant what at the appropriate time. They end up having a beer bash and Jericho eats the Stunner first. He tells Bischoff he is off the hook, but then gives him a Stunner as well.

SPECIAL FEATURES

Austin answers Your Twitter Questions: (I'm not gonna go trough them)

The Sportatorium: Austin gives his thoughts on the Sportatorium in Dallas and he is rather pissed that they tore down the building. He puts over the Free Bird/Von Erich feud and says nothing will touch the atmosphere of that building during that time period.

The T-Shirt: Foley tells us that in 1996 he meet with marketing department about a shirt for Mankind and saw a list of what office had in store for each superstar as far as merchandise. The office tells Austin he isn’t seen as marketable so they don’t have anything for him. See, WCW wasn’t the only one! Finally they ask Austin if he has an idea and he jumps all over that and pitches the famous Austin 3:16 shirt with the skull on the back. Vince tells him the skull is too close to Taker’s gimmick and asks him to get the ok from The Undertaker. Austin tells Taker about his idea and he has no problem with it and tells him to run with it.

The Broken Skull Ranch: Austin gives us a tour of his ranch in Texas. About what you would expect if you have ever seen any episodes of MTV Cribs. We get a photo of Austin and his wife as he relates story of proposing to her at one of the deer stands on the ranch. After seeing that I have to say that Austin owns a shit load of land and nice to see that he didn’t burn through all his money like a lot of wrestlers that made it big.

BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVE MOMENTS

WCW Saturday Night: May 15, 1993
1. Flair has The Blondes as his guests on A Flair for the Gold. The Blondes rip on Ric and Arn in hilarious fashion. Pillman asks Flair for an autograph for his great grandmother. Ha! They focus on Slamboree and the Blondes mention they are flying in all the old timers so they can get a hot meal. Anderson gets pissed and things get heated between all four men. Great stuff!

Superstars: Nov 17, 1996
2. Survivor Series was that night and Pettengill interviews Austin hours before the show. Austin says Bret was trying to butter him up with compliments before the match and takes umbrage to fact that Bret called Austin a stepping stone to Shawn Michaels and the WWF Title. Austin calls himself the biggest draw in the world which seemed ludicrous at the time, but apparently Austin could see the future. They mention Austin injuring Pillman, and he claims he carried Pillman for five years until he didn’t need him anymore. I wish those two would have gotten a proper blow-off, but WCW fucked up and Pillman’s tragic death kept that from happening.

Superstars: March 23, 1997
3. Once again we head to Superstars and Austin does an interview at ringside the morning of WrestleMania 13. The seeds for the double turn were planted here as well as Austin puts over that he has never quit in his life while Bret quits every time something doesn’t go his way.

RAW: Aug 18, 1997
4. JR interviews Austin in a hotel after his freak accident at SummerSlam 1997. Austin is pissed and tosses fruit at JR because nobody cares about him. He mentions he is the IC Champion, and is sick of seeing the botched tombstone. Owen Hart has hell to pay and Austin says pissed about 50 times in 10 second span. He mentions doctors told him to do something else, but the decision is his and no matter what he says Owen will get the shit kicked out of him. Good interview here as it kind of blended between a shoot and a work. Austin was clearly in character, but at same time you can tell he was legit pissed about what happened.

RAW: March 17,2003
5. Austin and The Rock entertain the fans after RAW goes off the air. Both men are in fine form as they have a blast entertaining without the restraints of TV time holding them back. The Rock ignores Austin at first because he is pissed at a fan holding up a sign saying The Scorpion King sucked. Awesome! Rock cracks me up as he dances each time the crowd chants “what.” They shake hands and Austin goes for the Stunner, but Rock is too smart for that and bails. Austin charges up the ramp and Rock sees him behind him on the Titan Tron in a funny spot. They start brawling back towards the ring where The Rock takes control. Heel Rock was some awesome during this run. Austin eventually hits the Stunner and Rock bounces back up on his feet, so Austin hits him with a second one that Rock sells only like he can.

WrestleMania XXV: April 5, 2009

6. The entire class of the Hall of Fame is introduced to the crowd. After a small delay, the glass shatters, and Austin takes a victory lap around the ring on his quad. He salutes the crowd one last time and it’s a pretty special moment and one that I am happy to say I attended.
Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony: April 4, 2009

Overall: This is certainly a definitive look at the career of Steve Austin. I am a little bummed about the lack of ECW and WCW stuff, but overall this is a tremendous set. The documentary is fantastic as Austin has no problem shooting straight with the fans. The matches feature some classics that haven't been released previously and some that have but you will have that when you consider man has had like 5 DVD releases. The Blu Ray version is reccomended with the bonus matches and moments if you are prepared to pay a little more. Great stuff all around!

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Wow this is an awesome review fab. I need to finish watching the Bluray.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
W00965pi.jpg

DISC ONE

Money in the Bank Ladder Match: Jeff Hardy vs. King Booker vs. Finlay vs. CM Punk vs. Ken Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Edge ****
The Great Khali vs. Kane 1/2*
World Heavyweight Title: Batista vs. The Undertaker ****1/4
The New Breed vs. The ECW Originals *1/2
Battle of the Billionaires: Bobby Lashley (w/ Donald Trump) vs. Umaga (w/ Vince McMahon and Armando Elijandro Estrada) *3/4
WWE Women’s Championship: Melina © vs. Ashley DUD
WWE Title: John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels ****

PPV review: Money in the Bank and the WWE Title match delivered as expected. Once you add in the shocking awesomeness of Taker/Batista and the hilariousness of Vince getting his head shaved, you have a damn fine WrestleMania.

DISC TWO

Promos
Ford Field announced as site of WrestleMania 23
WrestleMania 23 Countdown
Battle of the Billionaires
John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
Undertaker vs. Batista

Superstars All Grown Up
Superstars
Edge
King Booker
Undertaker

WrestleMania Publicity
WrestleMania 23 Tickets Go On Sale
WrestleMania 23 Press Conference Highlights
WrestleMania 23 Press Conference Trump/McMahon Confrontation

The Lead In
Stone Cold announced as Special Guest Referee - RAW - 05/03/07
No Way Out Rematch - RAW - 26/03/07

WWE.COM Exclusive
Maria interviews CM Punk Before WrestleMania 23

Home Video Exclusive
Tag Team Lumberjack Match - WrestleMania 23
Carlito & Ric Flair vs. Gregory Helms & Chavo Guerrero

The Aftermath
Bobby Lashley Exposes Mr. McMahon's New Bald Head - RAW - 02/04/07
Batista asks Undertaker for a Rematch - SmackDown! - 06/04/07

DISC THREE

The 2007 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in its entirety (I can't be asked to go through the whole thing)

Overall: disc 2 is pretty lame and the Hall of fame is alright. But the PPV really makes this dvd. Good job WWE. I say buy this if you can