WRESTLING DVD's YAY!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Hollywood Blonds watches DVD's

nl989e.png

DISC ONE

Owen Hart vs. Edge - WWF Breakdown 09.27.98 ***
The T.I.T. Finals Ladder Match: Edge & Christian vs. The Brood (w/Gangrel) - WWF No Mercy 1999 ****1/4
WWF Tag Team Titles, Triangle Ladder Match: The Dudley Boyz vs. Edge & Christian vs. the Hardy Boyz - WWF WrestleMania 2000 ****
Intercontinental Title: Lance Storm vs. Edge - WWF Summerslam 2001 ***
U.S. Title vs. Intercontinental Title: Edge vs. Test - WWF Survivor Series 2001 **3/4
Edge vs. Mr. Perfect - WWF Sunday Night Heat 03.03.02 *3/4
Hair vs. Hair: Edge vs. Kurt Angle - WWE Judgment Day 2002 ***1/2
Steel Cage Match: Kurt Angle vs. Edge WWE Smackdown - 05.30.02 ****
WWE Tag Team Titles: Billy & Chuck (w/Rico) vs. Edge & Hulk Hogan WWE Smackdown 07.04.02 **3/4
Edge vs. Eddy Guerrero - WWE Unforgiven 2002 ***3/4

DISC TWO

Intercontinental Title: Randy Orton vs. Edge - WWE Vengeance 2004 ***1/4
Street Fight: Edge vs. Shawn Michaels - WWE Raw 02.28.05 ****
Gold Rush Tournament Finals: Edge vs. Kane (w/Lita) - WWE RAW 05.16.05 *1/4 - *1/2
Street Fight: Edge (w/Lita) vs. Matt Hardy WWE Raw 08.29.05 ***1/4
WWE Heavyweight Title: John Cena vs. Edge (w/Lita) - WWE New Years Revolution 2006
Hardcore Match: Edge (w/Lita) vs. Mick Foley - WWE Wrestlemania 22 **** - ****1/4
Six-Person Tag: Tommy Dreamer, Terry Funk & Beulah McGillicuty vs. Mick Foley, Edge & Lita - ECW One Night Stand 2006 ****
WWE Heavyweight Title, No DQ: Rob Van Dam vs. Edge (w/Lita) vs. John Cena - WWE Raw 07.03.06 **3/4

DISC THREE

WWE Heavyweight Title, No DQ: Rob Van Dam vs. Edge (w/Lita) vs. John Cena - WWE Raw 07.03.06 **3/4
WWE Heavyweight Title: Edge (w/Lita) vs. John Cena - WWE Summerslam 2006 ***3/4
Money in the Bank Qualifier: Rob Van Dam vs. Edge - WWE Raw 02.19.07 ***1/4
Randy Orton vs. Edge - WWE Raw 04.30.07 ***1/4
World Heavyweight Title: The Undertaker vs. Edge - WWE Smackdown 05.11.07
World Heavyweight Title: Edge vs. Batista - WWE Vengeance 2007 ***1/2
World Heavyweight Title: Edge (w/Vickie Guerrero, Hawkins & Ryder) vs. Rey Mysterio - WWE Royal Rumble 2008 **3/4 - ***
Vacant World Heavyweight Title, Tables, Ladders & Chairs: Edge vs. The Undertaker - WWE One Night Stand 2008 ***3/4
Hell in a Cell: Edge vs. The Undertaker - WWE Summerslam 2008 ***3/4 - ****

Overall: Disc one was alright but we did not get enough E&C moments, plus only one segemt with Edge talking, It would be Match after match with zero build or even Edge talking about the match. This first disc was like a "best supporting actor" role, EDGE's words not mine. But it did have some solid matches in it so i'm not too upset with it. Disc two was solid, some great matches and was a good way to establish himself as a main-event, I would say this was his "First couple of roles as the star of the movie". Okay Disc three was fucking awesome all the matches were great i can't complain. Don't expect to hear much about Edge's origins or thoughts and feelings on his career. He's in full, arrogant, self-stroking, crapulent form here.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
5wht9k.png

MVP vs. Matt Hardy in a United States Championship Match **1/4
Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero in a ECW Championship Match *
Big Show vs. Great Khali 1/2*
Shawn Michaels vs. Batista with special guest referee Chris Jericho ***1/4
12-Diva Tag Team match *
The Undertaker vs. Edge in a World Heavyweight Championship Match ****
Randy Orton vs. Triple H vs. JBL vs. John Cena in a Fatal Four-way Elimination Match for the WWE Championship ***1/4

Overall: This was a bad PPV, Other then the Edge/Taker and Shawn/Dave match not that good of a show. No Buy.

This one I have yet to see although I would think the Chavo/Kane match would be pretty decent too. Show doesn't sound too bad overall.

Recently got NWO 2008 cheap from Silver Vision and I mostly agree with your review is a very up and down event.

I disagree on the Chambers though as I would say the Raw one was miles better.

My match ratings for the Show:

WWE Championship John Cena VS. Randy Orton ** Not as bad as it could have been, but still a 1980's style bore between two very predictable wrestlers (I would say Orton right now is a better worker than then.)

World Heavyweight Championship Edge VS. Rey Mysterio *** This would have been better if it was longer.

Raw Chamber **** Action packed, with plenty of drama. This was when the likes of Jericho, Michaels and Hardy were still at the top of their games and Umaga had really come into his own too in that super heavyweight, monster heel role. Match of the night for me.

Ric Flair VS. Mr. Kennedy * Boring and predictable, Flair was never going to be retired by Kennedy.

Smackdown/ECW Chamber *** Decent enough overall, but the likes of Big Daddy V and Kahali bought the quanity level down. Also thought that MVP was treated too much like a jobber. The closing stages were very good and story built between Taker and Batista throughout was effective.

ECW Title Chavo Guerrero VS. CM Punk *** Disagree here, thought this was an enjoyable fast paced opener with some good techical wrestling also.

Overall Event rating ***

I still am still making my way through the Edge one.

Keep this up and will rate the ones I have seen.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
On forget about the chambers remark, just relised that you did rate the raw one higher.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Edge/Rey i can't go higher cause it went 5-7 minutes. And I love the Orton/Cena match Orton's proformance here is so awesome with the stalling tatic in the early part to him trying his best to pin Cena. Going after his injury then he realizing he CAN'T pin Cena, so he FAKES his own knee injury just to pop cena with an rko. And that does not work so he goes to plan E. SLAP the ref for the dq. The storytelling in this was off the charts.

My full reviews of the ppv is here http://wrestlingsmarks.com/forums/t12469-98/ and http://wrestlingsmarks.com/forums/t12469-99/

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
From The Rock DVD:

IC Title: Hunter Hearst Helmsley VS. Rocky Maivia (02/13/97) *** I have a soft spot for this match, although both were still a bit green at the time. The story of the match was good, I liked Honkey's communitary and actually Hunter even then was quite solid.

IC Title: The Rock VS. Owen Hart (04/06/98) ** Short television match and not one of Owen's better outtings.

King of the Ring Quarter against Hunter I am sure I must have seen as I watched Raw every week back then, but I can't remember anything about it so I will leave that one.

WWF Title Tournament Finals: The Rock VS. Mankind (Survivorseries 98) *** They never really had a bad match and this one was mostly enjoyable and of course had a suprising ending, shocking in fact!

WWF Title Last Man Standing Match: Mankind VS. The Rock (St Valentines Day Massacare 99) **** Excellent, but not quite as gripping as their Rumble outting.
WWF Title Ladder Match: Mankind VS. The Rock (02/15/99) ***
WWF Title No DQ: The Rock VS. Stone Cold Steve Austin (Wrestlemania XV) *** A full on and engaging brawl, but not the classic I was hopeing for, think they bettered it the next month at Backlash.

WWF Tag Team Titles: The Big Show and The Undertaker VS. The Rock 'N' Sock Connection (08/30/99) Show and Taker sure were a deadly duo only not in a good way LOL.
No Holds Barred: The Rock VS. Kane (12/30/99) *** Respectable Television match, it was nice to see Rock working with a quicker big man.
WWF Title: The Rock VS. Triple H (Backlash 2000) **** Superb.
WWF Title: The Rock VS. Kurt Angle (No Way Out 2001) **** Highly dramatic, super heated and two men at the top of their games, some of the near falls were so good, the fans were really on the edge of their seats here.

WCW Title: Booker T VS. The Rock (Summerslam 2001) **** Quaity bout.
Undisputed Title: Chris Jericho VS. The Rock (Royal Rumble 2002) *** A good effort, but the finish let it down a bit.
The Rock VS. Hollywood Hogan (Wrestlemania X-8) *** The atmosphere was fantastic and the match itself was a nicely put together and finely built up. Much better than I expected.

Unified Title Triple Threat: The Undertaker VS. The Rock VS. Kurt Angle (Vengeance 2002) ***
The Rock VS. Steve Austin (Wrestlemania XIX) **** A fitting final meeting.

Can't believe they left out the Austin match from Mania 17 and the ladder match with Triple H from Summerslam 98, two of the Rock's best ever matches.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
they left out the WM17 match cause they put it on the austin dvd.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So what! What if someone is a much bigger Rock fan than Austin and they didn't want to get the Stone Cold release? Not saying its that bigger deal, but they certainly could have left off one of the other matches with Austin or even that crappy tag title match instead.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i understand that their are much bigger rock fan then they would be a austin fan. I was just saying the reason why they might not of put the WM17 match on.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I'm actually glad that they left off the Mania X7 match. I mean that match was more about Austin and McMahon and for a Rock DVD... the focus should be... on The Rock. And Mania XIX in my opinion was better than their X7 match. Straight up one on one... they both went all out in that match. They delivered awesomeness rarely seen.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
ie124k.png

THE INTERVIEW

The DVD has a one-hour interview with Cage. It's a pretty damn great 1 hour interview giving you some of the history that you know, along with some new insights, which was important. Also him talking about WWE was excellent, because he didn’t come across as bitter and or bury WWE. He was just burnt out on the WWE grind, and wanted to go and it was amicable. He looks back on his time fondly, and that is a great thing. His praise of the workers in TNA is also refreshing, and you can tell that now that he finally got to where he wanted to be, he wants to help the roster in anyway he can.

MATCHES

TNA Against All Odds 2006 - NWA World Heavyweight Title Match - Jeff Jarrett vs. Christian Cage ***1/4
TNA Bound For Glory 2006 - 8-MILE STREET FIGHT: Christian Cage vs. Rhino *** - ***1/4
TNA IMPACT! 11.16.06 - Barbied Wire Six Sided Steel Cage match: Rhino vs. Christian Cage ***1/4
TNA iMPACT! 11.23.06 - #1 Contender’s Match: Christian Cage vs. Sting 3/4*
TNA Final Resolution 2007 - NWA TITLE MATCH, Triple Threat Elmination: Abyss w/James Mitchell vs. Christian Cage vs. Sting *3/4 - **
TNA Against All Odds 2007 - NWA TITLE MATCH: Kurt Angle vs. Christian Cage w/Tomko (Samoa Joe Enforcer) ***1/4
TNA Destination X 2007 - NWA World Heavyweight Title Match: Christian Cage vs. Samoa Joe ****

BONUS
A home tour of his Tampa or Orlando house
Early Match against Simon Diamond aka Pat Kenney
A young Christian cutting a promo
Slideshow Photo Gallery

Overall: A good selection could of been miles better if they waited and did not overbook alot of his matches. You can see Cage progressively grow even more as a worker in his TNA run, concluding with the great match with Joe. The bonus material is all fun stuff, and is enough to be included on the DVD, while at the same time not taking anything away from it. In the end this is a very good DVD release form TNA, whether you are a Cage fan or not. Buy only if it's a reasonable price.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
izqano.png

DISC ONE

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. John Crystal (WWF Raw 05.22.95) *
Intercontinental Title: Marc Mero (w/Sable) vs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley (WWF Raw 10.21.96) **
King of the Ring Finals: Hunter Hearst Helmsley (w/Chyna) vs. Mankind (06.08.97) **
WWF European Championship: Triple H (w/Chyna) vs. Owen Hart (03.29.98) ***1/4
WWE Heavyweight Title: Mankind vs. Triple H (WWF Raw 08.23.99) ***
WWF Heavyweight Title, No Holds Barred: Triple H vs. Steve Austin (10.17.99) ***1/4
WWF Heavyweight Title, Hell in a Cell: Triple H (w/Stephanie McMahon) vs. Cactus Jack (02.27.00) ****1/4
2002 Royal Rumble (01.20.02) ***1/2

DISC TWO

World Heavyweight Title, 2/3 Falls: Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H (w/Ric Flair) (12.15.02) **3/4
World Title, Hell in the Cell: Batista vs. Triple H (w/Ric Flair) (08.26.05) ****1/2 - ****3/4
Last Man Standing: Triple H vs. Ric Flair (11.27.05) ****
WWE Heavyweight Title: John Cena vs. Triple H vs. Edge (w/Lita, 04.30.06) **** - ****1/4

EXTRA

Arkansas Hog pen Match: Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Henry O. Godwinn (12.17.95) **1/2
Terra Ryzing vs. Flying Tony Roy (11.01.92) *

Overall: It is pretty solid, I like how they had HHH talked about the moments/Angles leading up to the matches inbetween each match. BUT!!!, Hunter conspiracy theorists certainly can't accuse Hunter of saving all the good matches for his DVD set. They included a Cactus Jack match, but not the Street Fight. They included a Steve Austin match, but not the Three Stages of Hell. Unfortunately for Hunter, all of his best matches have already been released on other recent DVDs, leaving only scraps for his compilation. BUT WITH THAT BEING SAID. Even the inclusions are somewhat puzzling, considering what didn't make it. No Rock/HHH Iron Man Match. No Rock/HHH ladder match. No Jericho/HHH Last Man Standing match. Those feuds provided Hunter with some of his best moments. I'll call it a mild recommendation with the inclusion of the Hell in the Cell matches, and the match aginst Flair in '05 (Would of prefered the Cage match but i think that's on the Flair dvd) If your a huge HHH fan pick this one up only if you can't find the That Damn Good dvd, which has his incredible 2000-01 run on it.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
qqbxxg.jpg

The Fightin’ Taylor Boys (Brian Cage-Taylor & Ryan Taylor) vs. Famous B & Chris Kadillak **1/2
Davey Richards & Harry Smith vs. The Young Bucks (Matt & Nick Jackson) ***1/4
Naruki Doi vs. Willie Mack ***1/4
Peter Avalon, DEMUS 316, Ray Rosas & Joey Ryan vs. Cedric Alexander, B-Boy, Candice LeRae & Mascarita Dorada ***1/2
Blood Warriors (CIMA & Ricochet) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma) ***3/4
Masaaki Mochizuki vs. Roderick Strong ***1/2
El Generico (PWG World Champion), Pac & Masato Yoshino vs. Super Dragon, Kevin Steen (PWG World Tag Team Champions) & Akira Tozawa **** - ****1/4

Overall: PWG possibly had the best overall show. The main event was awesome, the Dragon Gate stars helped get some local talent over, the eight-person tag was tones of fun, Harry Smith won the fans over with his last minute entry and beating up the bucks. But with that being said the show was missing something, IDK WHAT. Maybe it was the crowd yeah lets go with that. THE CROWD SUCKED BALLS, the pop's hardly ever. But looking past that the wrestling was great no a single bad match on the card. I say buy this DVD.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I watched this yesterday i think or the day before that.

15e92s4.png

WCW Six-Man titles: Ricky Morton, JYD & Tommy Rich vs. State Patrol & Big Cat **1/4
Brad Armstrong vs. Bobby Eaton **3/4
Buddy Landell vs. Dustin Rhodes 3/4*
Stan Hansen vs. Big Van Vader **
WCW U.S. Heavyweight Title: Lex Luger vs. Dan Spivey ***1/2
WCW World tag team title: Doom (w/Teddy Long) vs. The Freebirds (w/DDP & Big Daddy Dink) *
Wargames Cage Match: Sid Vicious, Barry Windham, Ric Flair & Larry Zbyszko (w/Arn Anderson) vs. Brian Pillman, Sting, Rick & Scott Steiner ***3/4

Overall: I am so pissed at this show. All the matches were STUPIDLY SHORT. Most of the matches except for 2 went 5-8 minutes long it was like everyone was too mmuch of a pussy to work hard because they were sceard it would take away from the main event (WHICH WAS FUCKING AMAZING BTW) I say skip this shit. Just watch the Main event, and the US title match. Oh and the Vader/Hansen match shit was getting real good until the finish. AND WATCH OF FOR SID'S attempt at killing 'FLYING' Brian.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Image1WCWNJPWRumbleintheRisingSun19.jpg

Six-Man Tag: Tom Zenk, Tim Horner & Brian Pillman vs. Shiro Koshinaka, Kuniaki Kobayashi & Takayuki Iizuka **1/4
IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title: Jushin Lyger vs. Akira Nogami ***
Arn Anderson & Barry Windham vs. Masa Saito & Masa Chono **
U.S. Tag Team Titles vs. IWGP Tag Team Titles: The Steiner Bros vs. Hiroshi Hase & Kensuke Sasaki ****3/4
"Grudge Match": The Great Muta vs. Sting **1/2
WCW Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair vs. Tatsumi Fujinami ***1/2 - ***3/4

Overall: The concept of the show is pretty cool having the WCW wrestlers over in Japan competing against the New Japan stars. But not this show, HOWEVER. This gets a thumbs up thanks to the Flair/Fujinami and Steiners/Sasaki & Hase and even the Lyger matches. The rest of the matches were disappointingly average, but they at least had great atmosphere thanks to the large crowd of japanese fans who are usally quiet. No buy just go download the Tag Title match.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
jucpyx.jpg

Vacant U.S. Tag Titles: The Fabulous Freebirds (w/Diamond Dallas Page & the Diamond Dolls) vs. The Young Pistols **1/2
Taped-Fist Match: Brian Pillman vs. Barry Windham ***
Thunderdoom Cage Match: Butch Reed vs. Ron Simmons *
WCW World Tag Titles: The Steiners vs. Lex Luger & Sting ****3/4
WCW TV Title: Arn Anderson vs. Bobby Eaton ***
WCW Heavyweight Title: Ric Flair vs. Tatsumi Fujinami **3/4

Overall: It has an amazing tag team match, a good brawl with Pillman and Windham, and a solid wrestling match for the TV title which are the highlights. Everything else is passable unless you care to see Flair’s last PPV match before he heads up to the WWF with the big gold belt.