Worst Wrestlemania line-up ever?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Becky and Rousey is a dream match with probably the most over person in the company facing a champ that is never pinned or submitted in WWE and is a former UFC Champion. That alone is solid. As for Seth vs Brock, I get you don't like it, but there are quite a few who like Seth and frankly, I am tired of a world champ who never shows up at least Seth is hard working and hopefully can bring that belt's value up with a decent reign. Just an opinion. Agree to disagree.

However, for you to call this "The Worst Wrestlemania Line-up ever" with literally one week of build, two matches announced, and still two PPVs between with a lot of build-up, you are pulling the trigger way too soon.

Even in saying "bring back The Rock and Batista, they'll give the rub," and in the same sentence saying "nobody deserves the rub" is a massive contradiction. Speaking personally though, I feel it is hard to get something from them coming back other than "a pop." They are former wrestlers who may be legends, but considering their age, infrequency in the ring, what rub do they get? Beating someone past their prime? Not even the Undertaker feels special because is a shell of his former self and that hurts to admit because I loved the Undertaker when I was younger. He only wrestles once a year or when WWE brings out the sweet Saudi blood money and he is in matches where he can't go at a decent pace or with the same power like he used to, we scream when he takes a bump because we don't wany him to get seriously hurt, and Mark Callaway is not the man he once was. WWE has ran the nostalgia act to the ground for the past decade.

WWE can fill a Wrestlemania with what they have, maybe even two. WWE has one of the largest rosters they ever have and truthfully, one with a wealth of talent. You know why they don't feel special? WWE has more TV than they know to deal with which is somehow STILL not enough to book everyone and 100000 writers trying to get their ideas in with the final say still going to one man who changes everything on the fly. There are too many cooks and one supervisor who is too hands on. As a former writer to WWE said, Jimmy Jacobs, it is a miracle they get a show out every Monday. People who can cut a solid promo like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Bobby Roode even have to read from a script written by someone else in their own voice and it may work, but other times they need to salvage a promo which doesn't work. They can have good to great matches, but sometimes they don't have a storyline which they can build a match story out of, perhaps they have to wrestle 5 hours into a 7 hour PPV where people are damn tired and need a break, or, they get a short match because there are 12 matches on the show and that doesn't include a 20 minute ring promo, special entrances, and a performance by insert famous music artist here. So how can anyone work with that? It's not easy.

So, here is my advice, please stop with making these clickbait titles, trying to seem edgy and cool. Take a seat and let the card form. Let the build to these matches happen. Maybe it'll be a good card with a good build, maybe not. But now it is too early to throw out the words "worst ever, haha,"

And aside since this is your second thread like this and I saw things you said before, drop the whole "fuck Rollins. Anyone who likes him is a good for nothing smark who can't get laid" gimmick, you don't need to like him, you can say you aren't a fan of him and that you don't care for the Universal title match because of him, but chill with insulting people who do like him.

100% correct,

Redboy123@

Reaction score
We don't even know the full card yet lol. You do realise the show is in April lol.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Headliners are the main eventers and you already mentioned them as being fine in that category. And if anyone honestly believes this is the worst lineup ever, they must not have watched Wrestlemania 9.
Wrestlemania 9 had Hogan and Bret.

Even in 1993, Hogan was a bigger and better name than those on this card.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Wrestlemania 9 had Hogan and Bret.

Even in 1993, Hogan was a bigger and better name than those on this card.
Kayfabe made every body a thousand times more over

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Becky and Rousey is a dream match with probably the most over person in the company facing a champ that is never pinned or submitted in WWE and is a former UFC Champion. That alone is solid. As for Seth vs Brock, I get you don't like it, but there are quite a few who like Seth and frankly, I am tired of a world champ who never shows up at least Seth is hard working and hopefully can bring that belt's value up with a decent reign. Just an opinion. Agree to disagree.

However, for you to call this "The Worst Wrestlemania Line-up ever" with literally one week of build, two matches announced, and still two PPVs between with a lot of build-up, you are pulling the trigger way too soon.

Even in saying "bring back The Rock and Batista, they'll give the rub," and in the same sentence saying "nobody deserves the rub" is a massive contradiction. Speaking personally though, I feel it is hard to get something from them coming back other than "a pop." They are former wrestlers who may be legends, but considering their age, infrequency in the ring, what rub do they get? Beating someone past their prime? Not even the Undertaker feels special because is a shell of his former self and that hurts to admit because I loved the Undertaker when I was younger. He only wrestles once a year or when WWE brings out the sweet Saudi blood money and he is in matches where he can't go at a decent pace or with the same power like he used to, we scream when he takes a bump because we don't want him to get seriously hurt, and Mark Callaway is not the man he once was. WWE has ran the nostalgia act to the ground for the past decade.

WWE can fill a Wrestlemania with what they have, maybe even two. WWE has one of the largest rosters they ever have and truthfully, one with a wealth of talent. Do you know why they don't feel special? WWE has more TV than they know to deal with which is somehow STILL not enough to book everyone and 100000 writers trying to get their ideas in with the final say still going to one man who changes everything on the fly. There are too many cooks and one supervisor who is too hands on. As a former writer to WWE said, Jimmy Jacobs, it is a miracle they get a show out every Monday. People who can cut a solid promo like Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Bobby Roode even have to read from a script written by someone else in their own voice and it may work, but other times they need to salvage a promo which doesn't work. They can have good to great matches, but sometimes they don't have a storyline which they can build a match story out of, perhaps they have to wrestle 5 hours into a 7 hour PPV where people are damn tired and need a break, or, they get a short match because there are 12 matches on the show and that doesn't include a 20 minute ring promo, special entrances, and a performance by insert famous music artist here. So how can anyone work with that? It's not easy.

So, here is my advice, please stop with making these clickbait titles, trying to seem edgy and cool. Take a seat and let the card form. Let the build to these matches happen. Maybe it'll be a good card with a good build, maybe not. But now it is too early to throw out the words "worst ever, haha,"

And aside since this is your second thread like this and I saw things you said before, drop the whole "fuck Rollins. Anyone who likes him is a good for nothing smark who can't get laid" gimmick, you don't need to like him, you can say you aren't a fan of him and that you don't care for the Universal title match because of him, but chill with insulting people who do like him.
The point is that Rock and Batista would add something more to the show. And yes they could be used to give someone a rub if WWE had anyone worthy. But they don't. Still, they would add a bit of star power to the show.

Who cares if Rollins works hard. The results are simply not there. There is no indication that he's especially over when it comes to the numbers. He's popular with hardcore niche audience. But not beyond that.

Mania's line-up for the key matches already seems quite clear. And if they take that direction it will be the worse WM ever in terms of star power.

The Sheik

The Architect
Technician
Reaction score
WrestleMania is going to be boring this year, I can tell... The star power is so weak for a 7 hour show

Becky and Ronda sounds boring, and Seth and Brock sounds decent so far.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Everyone knew it was a work in the early 1990s.

Hogan was a master at crowd interaction. Probably the best ever in that department. He's so underrated online.
No I mean the art of kayfabe was still very much in practice. Now we have Alexa and Nia sitting next to each other at an award show when they are fueding. No one can get invested in that shit

Redboy123@

Reaction score
WrestleMania is going to be boring this year, I can tell... The star power is so weak for a 7 hour show

Becky and Ronda sounds boring, and Seth and Brock sounds decent so far.
Becky vs Ronda is a boring match for indy smarks who only watch flippy shit with no phycology

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
No I mean the art of kayfabe was still very much in practice. Now we have Alexa and Nia sitting next to each other at an award show when they are fueding. No one can get invested in that shit
Oh I agree with that.

Cornette said it best a while back. Wrestling can be too liberal these days. Everyone knows its fake. But its difficult to suspend your disbelief at times. Brock vs Balor being the best recent example.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Oh I agree with that.

Cornette said it best a while back. Wrestling can be too liberal these days. Everyone knows its fake. But its difficult to suspend your disbelief at times. Brock vs Balor being the best recent example.
I think it's less about them booking a David v goliath match and more about the state of how they do things as a whole. Everyone knows wrestling is fake, so I don't see the problem with doing a big man v little man match. I know Cornette will have no problem in booking a David vs Goliath match. Even though it's not realistic real life, it's fine as long as it makes sense in the world that they have built.

Too bad the world that they have built has many plot holes, lazy writing and not taking wrestling seriously enough.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
I think it's less about them booking a David v goliath match and more about the state of how they do things as a whole. Everyone knows wrestling is fake, so I don't see the problem with doing a big man v little man match. I know Cornette will have no problem in booking a David vs Goliath match. Even though it's not realistic real life, it's fine as long as it makes sense in the world that they have built.

Too bad the world that they have built has many plot holes, lazy writing and not taking wrestling seriously enough.
Lesnar vs Balor and Lesnar vs Bryan took things too far in that regard. Brock shouldn't have sold for those two.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Lesnar vs Balor and Lesnar vs Bryan took things too far in that regard. Brock shouldn't have sold for those two.
Its wrestling tho. Smaller guys compete against big guys. That's what's just been established. For good reason as it seems little guys are popular. Reigns kicking out of 6 f5s on the other hand was crazy.

TheWolf

The Artiste
Reaction score
Its wrestling tho. Smaller guys compete against big guys. That's what's just been established. For good reason as it seems little guys are popular. Reigns kicking out of 6 f5s on the other hand was crazy.
Yes, they over-did it with the 6 F5s.

There are too many little guys these days. And the vast majority of them only appeal to a niche audience. Styles, Bryan and Balor are not headline material. Well, maybe Styles at a stretch. But he's not "face of the company" material.