Worst Wrestlemania line-up ever?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Geese

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
E3RY3ej
Favorite Wrestler
Y8A7yx1
Favorite Sports Team
sacramentokings
Favorite Sports Team
Rx1XOnt
Wasn't Wrestlemania XI the worst of 'em all? The lineup was weak. The title didn't change hands as Razor Ramon beat I-C Champion Jeff Jarrett by disqualification. Kevin Nash successfully retained his World title by beating his former employer Shawn Michaels with the inadvertent assistance of Michaels' new bodyguard Psycho Sid. The best match was Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow, whose build-up to the feud was very weak. Bam Bam gets pinned by 1-2-3 Kid in the tag team title finals in the Royal Rumble '95 and L.T., sitting at ringside, mocks The Bammer for getting pinned by The pipsqueak Kid. Even the Salt n' Peppa concert fell flat. The card was just so listless.

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Redboy123@

Reaction score
I think this is more about the build to the ppv. Then looking at the match quality afterwards. You could have the least impressive show that doesn't sell that could turn out to be very entertaining.

Reactions: Crash

Crash

Reaction score
I think this is more about the build to the ppv. Then looking at the match quality afterwards. You could have the least impressive show that doesn't sell that could turn out to be very entertaining.

Good point, the built to Wrestlemania is as if not even more important than the show itself.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yeah, 31 was pretty damn good, wasn't it?

• Haha
Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Wasn't Wrestlemania XI the worst of 'em all? The lineup was weak. The title didn't change hands as Razor Ramon beat I-C Champion Jeff Jarrett by disqualification. Kevin Nash successfully retained his World title by beating his former employer Shawn Michaels with the inadvertent assistance of Michaels' new bodyguard Psycho Sid. The best match was Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow, whose build-up to the feud was very weak. Bam Bam gets pinned by 1-2-3 Kid in the tag team title finals in the Royal Rumble '95 and L.T., sitting at ringside, mocks The Bammer for getting pinned by The pipsqueak Kid. Even the Salt n' Peppa concert fell flat. The card was just so listless.

It is the only Wrestlemania from that time period that I never rewatched.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
30 and 31 were both great.

I personally believe 31 was the best Wrestlemania ever. The only time it dragged was during the Rock and Triple H segment. Other than that, it was a great event.

Reactions: Crash

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Not sure what my favorite WM is but I have not seen most of them after XVII and have seen 32-34.

X, XVII, XIX I recall liking. WM IV was my 1st but back then I liked the RR more, 1990 and 1992 ones I enjoyed re watching.

Haven't seen XVIII and XX-31 or I, II, III though I have seen Hogan/Andre and Macho/ Steamboat from IIII.

Not sure about the 1998 one either come to think of it. Have rewatched the AE from late 1998 to 2000 and stopped watching back in the day must of been around Survivior Series 97. I remember the build up and arrival of Kane but not much beyond that.

At the time I was watching WCW and WWF was not free here.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

That was actually my very point. I have seen the build for every Wrestlemania except for the first one. And having Ronda Rousey vs Becky Lynch and Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar is a lot better than a tag match with Hogan, making a technical wrestler like Bret Hart go up against Yokozuna, a man who he can almost literally do none of his moves against and putting Undertaker against El Gigante, who was already known to be one of the worst big guys in history.