Who's Better: Randy Orton or John Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is your favourite Orton or Cena?

• John cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton

• Both

• Neither

• Total voters

-TJ-

John Cena has the it factor, and the look. No one can doubt his strength also. Cena is able to do his finisher on any opponent, big or small. Cena really does it right and makes it seem like it's impactful (If you barely know anything about standard mat wrestling techniques, let alone the traditional fireman's carry). Orton on the other hand, really took his slithering gimmick to a whole new level. Now granted, I liked him better when he was the cocky wrestler, but still I give Orton his props. But I don't rule out Cena's work ethic. If you could make a guess, he would be the Rated PG New Gen's Steve Austin.

But Orton is better.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
I would say Orton's character is by far better currently. Now if it were like 2003 or whenever Cena was a heel doing battle raps I would choose Cena. In terms of wrestling ability, both are good wrestlers. Currently both put me to sleep when they wrestle these days. Watch some of their EARLY matches when they debuted and they had good matches. They definitely were not a Kurt Angle or Chris Jericho, but still good. They are told to do the moves they do now for a reason.

I watched a match between Cena and Carlito and it was Carlito's debut match. Cena and Carlito did some good stuff. Cena and Orton have the moveset they are just limited to do certain moves clearly by the management. Just like other wrestlers as well. How many times do we have to see Orton put a head lock on someone? How many times do we have to see the same atomic drop by HBK? How many times do we have to see the 5 moves of doom? The answer? Too many.

LKP

So looks like Orton is still winning in the votes. People on this forum have their heads screwed on and TJ summed it all up in his post. As did mike chaos, what ive been saying all along about orton.

LKP

If people did not care would they post on the thread?

I wanted to make a thread like this cause there are cena lovers and haters. Same with Orton. Most threads here are just news in wrestling and peoples opinions on it. Not the old fashioned who do you think is better thread and proper wrestling talk. I felt it was what the forum needed. We are on52 posts already here i still think there is more room for debate.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Dude, you're beginning to irritate me. Orton is currently ahead of the poll by 1 VOTE. While two votes go to both and neither. 15 members hardly makes up the majority of IWF "having our heads screwed on right". And I definitely don't appreciate you insinuating because I voted for Cena that for whatever reason my heads screwed loose.

There is no room for debate because you refuse to debate. I brought up a valid request to have you compare the matches that Cena and Orton had with Triple H, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker & Shawn Michaels respectively and asked you to analyze those matches and tell me with FACTS why Ortons matches were better than Cenas. You chose to ignore that completely and continue to say "Ortons better than Cena no matter what you guys say". You haven't been debating, you've been bullheaded and inconsolable.

There's a difference between sticking to your guns and stonewalling so bad that you refuse to acknowledge the other side. Which is what you've been doing, so I'm out. I've said my piece as to why I think Cena's superior, if you choose to ignore those posts and simply reply to them as one liners you need to go back to college and figure out what real debating is. Have fun.

LKP

Sheesh q1 don't go and drop your toys out of the pram over a wrestling thread.
Orton is better in my opinion, whether he wrestles the Brooklyn brawler every week. Cena is a Vince creation nothing can stop him. Put cena in tna then he will become what i want to see out of him a proper wrestler. But Orton already is and has that attribute. Cena is famous, loved by kids and is mega rich. Orton can wrestle, sell a story and has the experience.

Axis

Cena can sell tickets and entertain and appeal to kids and women. Vince wants that great he wins on that front. Orton can sells eats to for the adults and cena haters. Which im sure more people hate cena than like him. Orton was brought up around wrestling, he knows the ins and outs of it. He can tell a story in the ring. Cenas has had to learn the hard way and i give him credit for that. But as a WRESTLER cena sucks. As an ENTERTAINER he wins. Orton as an ENTERTAINER is mixed, he can make people hate him and cheer him. He is a heel now and he gets cheered. He can out wrestle cena easily. Orton is the better overall athlete Axis and its not just my opinion its a fact. Go look at the facts with the poll Orton winning 3-2.

Mind you there is a vote saying both so Orton is winning 4-3 already. So its not just my point of view other agree.

A few things:

1. Do you have any proof of the demographics that ticket sales are depend on? What makes you say that Cena sells tickets to children and women? What makes you say that Orton sells tickets to men and Cena-haters? Is this a hunch? Crowd reactions are hardly an appropriate way to measure ticket sales dependency. If you have actual statistics, then okay. I'd like to see them.

2. You make it sound like I love John Cena and hate Randy Orton. I find that Cena's character is one of the most contrived in the company, whereas I've been a huge Orton fan since 2004. That doesn't change the fact that I can respect the better worker. A wrestler's job is to create emotion in a match that encourages an audience to purchase the product.

3. The point of yours that I disagree with is not that Orton is a better wrestler than Cena. While I do disagree with that, it is not an uncommon view. They point of yours that I adamantly find to be horse shit is that Cena can't "get it done in the ring," or that "as a wrestler, Cena sucks."

LKP

We will have to agree to disagree then cause im not backing down in what i believe in or think.

And oh yeah i stand outside every ticket office in the USA asking why they are buying the tickets. Its obviouvs families and women buy tickets for cena. All the people the people on this forum knows that. Yeah women buy tickets for Orton to cause he is hot in their eyes. But most kids and women buy tickets for cena and Rey mysterio. More adult fans buy tickets for taker edge and Orton. I have no 100% proof of this but its the majority of them im right on.

LKP

Punk and cena had a good match cause that's what punk can do get the best out of cena.

Dynamo

Reaction score
Dude... Im a little confused here. Seems this debate has taken a number of shapes.

@LKP.. are you still disagreeing, that Cena can't work? Not withstanding that you believe Orton is the more talented, are you point blank saying, that Cena is a bad wrestler?