Who's Better: Randy Orton or John Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is your favourite Orton or Cena?

• John cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton

• Both

• Neither

• Total voters

LKP

Cena is predicable in the ring a spot monkey for kids. Orton is smooth fluid and can sell a match up.

Axis

Cena is predicable in the ring a spot monkey for kids. Orton is smooth fluid and can sell a match up.

A spot monkey? You're ridiculous. And to continue, I'm not going to need some clarification. What do you mean exactly by stating that Orton can "sell a match up?"

Edit: Wait. Holy shit. You're a Randy Orton fan mad at John Cena for wrestling predictably. A Randy Orton match is one my favorite drinking games. One shot for a headlock, two shots for humping the ground. It's hard to remember the finishing run, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that it's AWSUM~!

LKP

Look at wm 23 Hbk vs cena working on his leg in the match up and guess what? Cena no sells it. That is not the only time it happened. Its happened a lot more often. Look Give Orton an iron man match up with say cm punk. His match with cm punk would be 5 stars. If John cena had an iron man match with Punk it would be a 4 star match with punk carrying cenas kiddo ass.

noumenon

Actually... the match Cena had with Punk a few weeks back on RAW was fucking awesome.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Just because I am bored to tears while I should be writing my BTB discussing these kind of dynamics helps get me in the mood to do BTB work so for sake of debate I will break down each one of these guys signature moves by comparison. For sake of avoiding a novel I will limit it to the best of their top 3.

Attitude Adjustment Vs. RKO

Analysis: Cena pretty much has perfect the art of pulling off the modified firemans carry slam. He can do it to any opponent, no matter how big or small, and it's a perfectly save move not only for him, but his opponent. With how safe he is with the move I can't imagine him ever legitimately hurting someone with it. In the mean time, you have the RKO, which looks absolutely sick depending on who's it performed on. Has been proven to be pulled out of basically ANYWHERE, making it highly effective & dangerous. However, Orton has botched the RKO at least 15-20% of the time that he has attempted to do it. Through one circumstance or another, the move is subject to being sloppy due to its needing quick motions and even quicker reaction time of the opponent. Cena's finisher basically gives you plenty of time to react and less something out of the ordinary happens, Cena never botches this move.

So for finisher, just due to cleanliness and the amount he has perfected the safety & execution of the move, Cenas Attitude Adjustment wins.

STF Vs. Running Punt To The Head

Ok, enough bullshitting around. Anyone who's seen a proper STF applied knows that Cena's is the most over the top, contrived & lazy version of the move. He basically waters down the STF for sake of safety so that he is basically causing as little damage to his opponent as realistically possible. But with the amount of people who have tapped to this thing when it's so blatantly obvious that all he's got is two wrists loosely crossed over your chin, it's insulting. While Ortons Punt on the other hand, while still being subject to botching frequently, has been put over as highly dangerous, highly damaging & on multiple occasions, career ending. When Orton Punts you, you're out. Period.

So for that reason, along with Cena's horrible execution of a proper STF, this one goes to Randy Orton.

Five Knuckle Shuffle Vs. The Garvin Stomp

If you're not familiar with the Garvin Stomp, it's basically Randy Ortons circling around and stomping at specific points of the body. It's a slow, methodical move that would serve a better purpose if he was just circling one body part and stomping at it from adjacent angles. But how he does it otherwise is good ground and pound psychology, if a little dumb since all that would needed to be done is to grab his foot and twist it into an ankle lock. But that just pales into comparison at the idiocy that is the 5 Knuckle Shuffle. It's a fist drop to the head, except delayed for at least 5 minutes while his opponent lays there dead, fully capable of being pinned for at least 5 times in a row, and Cena uses this time to taunt to the audience and let his opponent know that he can't see him. He then does even more theatrics, and finally lands the simplistic fist drop, to which it magically brings his opponent back to life in order to get back to their feet, only to eat a trademark finisher and THEN be down for the count. It's boring, predictable and unnecessary.

Therefore, Randy Orton brings it 2 to 1 with the Garvin Stomp.

So in terms of the excitement and effectiveness of their movesets, Randy Orton wins. I COULD analyze it to the point where I go best of five between Cena's Fisherman & Ortons inverted headlock backbreaker and then Cena's Throwback to Orton's Headlock. But I'll paraphrase for the sake of your attention span and just let you know Cena's throwback beats headlock and Ortons backbreaker beats the Fisherman. So it's still 3-2 best of five for Orton. Basically, Ortons got the more exciting moves, but Cena's the safer worker. Obviously if push came to shove and WWE HAD to choose which moveset to keep around and which one to limit for sake of safety regulations, Orton would be raped and Cena would still be the golden boy.

Axis

Look at wm 23 Hbk vs cena working on his leg in the match up and guess what? Cena no sells it. That is not the only time it happened. Its happened a lot more often. Look Give Orton an iron man match up with say cm punk. His match with cm punk would be 5 stars. If John cena had an iron man match with Punk it would be a 4 star match with punk carrying cenas kiddo ass.

HOLY SHIT GODDAMMIT SHUT THE FUCK UP. Do you have ANYTHING to back up your claim? You simply saying "well, if Orton had this, he would do it better" is not debating. It is spewing hypotheticals in an attempt to make one of them stick. You have nothing to indicate that Randy Orton and CM Punk would put on a five-star match. Nothing. Notice that I never once said, "oh, and if John Cena wrestled Bryan Danielson or AJ Styles, it would be teh bomb!" I gave you a list of several of Cena's best matches, because that is existing evidence that Cena DOES "show us his wrestling skills" and "get it done in the ring." You have your head so far up your ass that it's difficult to determine if you're being serious in your attempt at debate, or if you're just getting out a 3-line post in hopes that I'll stop responding and you can get the last word.

Axis

Just because I am bored to tears while I should be writing my BTB discussing these kind of dynamics helps get me in the mood to do BTB work so for sake of debate I will break down each one of these guys signature moves by comparison. For sake of avoiding a novel I will limit it to the best of their top 3.

Attitude Adjustment Vs. RKO

Analysis: Cena pretty much has perfect the art of pulling off the modified firemans carry slam. He can do it to any opponent, no matter how big or small, and it's a perfectly save move not only for him, but his opponent. With how safe he is with the move I can't imagine him ever legitimately hurting someone with it. In the mean time, you have the RKO, which looks absolutely sick depending on who's it performed on. Has been proven to be pulled out of basically ANYWHERE, making it highly effective & dangerous. However, Orton has botched the RKO at least 15-20% of the time that he has attempted to do it. Through one circumstance or another, the move is subject to being sloppy due to its needing quick motions and even quicker reaction time of the opponent. Cena's finisher basically gives you plenty of time to react and less something out of the ordinary happens, Cena never botches this move.

So for finisher, just due to cleanliness and the amount he has perfected the safety & execution of the move, Cenas Attitude Adjustment wins.

STF Vs. Running Punt To The Head

Ok, enough bullshitting around. Anyone who's seen a proper STF applied knows that Cena's is the most over the top, contrived & lazy version of the move. He basically waters down the STF for sake of safety so that he is basically causing as little damage to his opponent as realistically possible. But with the amount of people who have tapped to this thing when it's so blatantly obvious that all he's got is two wrists loosely crossed over your chin, it's insulting. While Ortons Punt on the other hand, while still being subject to botching frequently, has been put over as highly dangerous, highly damaging & on multiple occasions, career ending. When Orton Punts you, you're out. Period.

So for that reason, along with Cena's horrible execution of a proper STF, this one goes to Randy Orton.

Five Knuckle Shuffle Vs. The Garvin Stomp

If you're not familiar with the Garvin Stomp, it's basically Randy Ortons circling around and stomping at specific points of the body. It's a slow, methodical move that would serve a better purpose if he was just circling one body part and stomping at it from adjacent angles. But how he does it otherwise is good ground and pound psychology, if a little dumb since all that would needed to be done is to grab his foot and twist it into an ankle lock. But that just pales into comparison at the idiocy that is the 5 Knuckle Shuffle. It's a fist drop to the head, except delayed for at least 5 minutes while his opponent lays there dead, fully capable of being pinned for at least 5 times in a row, and Cena uses this time to taunt to the audience and let his opponent know that he can't see him. He then does even more theatrics, and finally lands the simplistic fist drop, to which it magically brings his opponent back to life in order to get back to their feet, only to eat a trademark finisher and THEN be down for the count. It's boring, predictable and unnecessary.

Therefore, Randy Orton brings it 2 to 1 with the Garvin Stomp.

So in terms of the excitement and effectiveness of their movesets, Randy Orton wins. I COULD analyze it to the point where I go best of five between Cena's Fisherman & Ortons inverted headlock backbreaker and then Cena's Throwback to Orton's Headlock. But I'll paraphrase for the sake of your attention span and just let you know Cena's throwback beats headlock and Ortons backbreaker beats the Fisherman. So it's still 3-2 best of five for Orton. Basically, Ortons got the more exciting moves, but Cena's the safer worker. Obviously if push came to shove and WWE HAD to choose which moveset to keep around and which one to limit for sake of safety regulations, Orton would be raped and Cena would still be the golden boy.

Yes. Because the quality of a wrestler should TOTALLY be judged on the excitement on his moves.

LKP

Yes cena match with punk was good but cmon punk vs Orton would rock right now. I don't care what anyone says cena sucks.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Yes. Because the quality of a wrestler should TOTALLY be judged on the excitement on his moves.

I said it was for the sake of debate and because I was bored out of my mind. Lighten the fuck up dude.

I agree with you, LKP doesn't have a leg to stand on and is just being stubborn because he refuses to admit he's wrong about anything, let alone Cena being a good wrestler.

Axis

Yes cena match with punk was good but cmon punk vs Orton would rock right now. I don't care what anyone says cena sucks.

IF I CLOSE MY EARS AND STOP LISTENING IT WILL ALL GO AWAY AND I WILL BE RIGHT AND THEY WILL BE WRONG LA LA LA LA LA LA.

LKP

Axis seriously if you cannot see that Orton is the better wrestler than your blind. Cena is the better entertainer yes. But Ortons, skills, wrestling ability, poise, smoothness and movement are so much better than a 4 move monkey. Cena can entertain he has heart, Orton can sell a match and tell a story. Orton is the overall better guy if you ask me.

Axis

I said it was for the sake of debate and because I was bored out of my mind. Lighten the fuck up dude.

I agree with you, LKP doesn't have a leg to stand on and is just being stubborn because he refuses to admit he's wrong about anything, let alone Cena being a good wrestler.

BUT THIS IS SERIOUS. >:O

Axis

Axis seriously if you cannot see that Orton is the better wrestler than your blind. Cena is the better entertainer yes. But Ortons, skills, wrestling ability, poise, smoothness and movement are so much better than a 4 move monkey. Cena can entertain he has heart, Orton can sell a match and tell a story. Orton is the overall better guy if you ask me.

You do know the point of a wrestling match is to entertain, right?

Also, would you like me to list Cena's commonly used moves? Maybe we can count them together and see if we get above 4 :)

LKP

Cena can sell tickets and entertain and appeal to kids and women. Vince wants that great he wins on that front. Orton can sells eats to for the adults and cena haters. Which im sure more people hate cena than like him. Orton was brought up around wrestling, he knows the ins and outs of it. He can tell a story in the ring. Cenas has had to learn the hard way and i give him credit for that. But as a WRESTLER cena sucks. As an ENTERTAINER he wins. Orton as an ENTERTAINER is mixed, he can make people hate him and cheer him. He is a heel now and he gets cheered. He can out wrestle cena easily. Orton is the better overall athlete Axis and its not just my opinion its a fact. Go look at the facts with the poll Orton winning 3-2.

Mind you there is a vote saying both so Orton is winning 4-3 already. So its not just my point of view other agree.

Reaction score
I'm not going to get involved with this big argument, but I will say that if people think Cena is being carried in all his matches either don't watch or don't know what the term carry means. Cena isn't a ring general by any means, but he certainly doesn't need to be or has been carried in matches.