Who's Better: Randy Orton or John Cena?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is your favourite Orton or Cena?

• John cena

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Randy Orton

• Both

• Neither

• Total voters

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I got the moves comparisons by looking at their Wiki's, and Cena has "recorded on Wiki after all" 14 trademark finishers/signature moves.

So that doesn't even cover the basics of strikes, rest holds, takedowns, warm up grapples & spotty high risk or improvised moves that Cena has shown in the ring either. I mean you're looking at basically over 20 moves that the guys IS KNOWN to do, with hundreds more that all wrestlers by default are CAPABLE of doing.

Seriously, this debate being based off of the amount of moves that someone can do is ridiculous. If you're still grasping at straws at the 5 MOVES OF DOOM! That was used in 2006, get more debating material.

If your gonna say Orton is better in the ring HOW is he better. Beyond using opinions of "I think he would do a better job if given this this and THIS opponent" try using actual facts. Use comparisons. Orton Vs. Triple H at Mania compared to Cena Vs. Triple H at Mania (this did happen right? LOL!). Orton Vs. Batista compared to Cena Vs. Batista. Orton Vs. Undertaker compared to Cena Vs. Undertaker. Orton Vs. Angle compared to Cena Vs. Angle.

There's plenty of source material, all you have to do is TRY to justify why Orton is the better wrestler. Opinions are for arguments. Facts are for debate.

LKP

Its like saying Austin was the superstar of the decade right? Don't mean he was a good wrestler he was superstar yes? Right ok. The rock was a better athlete than stone cold a better wrestler. But that did not stop Austin from being superstar of the decade? No he wowed the fans. Cena may win the next superstar of the decade. But Orton like the rock is the better overall guy in the ring and getting the crowd to a fever pitch. Can you see my point yet?

Quintastic One

Reaction score
The only reason I don't get it at this point is because it's the other way around. lol. If you watch some of Austins WCW stuff, he is clearly the better wrestler than The Rock while The Rock was clearly better on the microphone and levels of Charisma than Austin. But that's getting into a whole nother debate between who's better between Austin or The Rock. Which I wouldn't mind another thread being created on to be honest. I like these kinda threads. lol. Angle Vs. Benoit, Jericho Vs. Shawn Michaels, Triple H Vs. Edge & Eddie Guerrero Vs. Benoit would all be great thread choices as well.

CenaMark54

Cena is obviously the better professional wrestler, he makes the most money. That's pretty much the simple answer.

As far as in ring work goes, I prefer Orton. Everything comes naturally to Orton. He has the god given ability. Orton is among the best sellers in the world in my opinion and his in ring psychology is top notch. Cena has to work harder to put on a great match, but he puts on those great matches on a much more consistent basis than Orton. Cena can have a great match with just about anyone with any style. For whatever reason, Orton struggles against certain people and the matches usually come off as below average (Triple H for example).

On the mic, its obviously Cena. He is the ultimate hype man and can draw the crowd in almost instantaneously. Orton has improved leaps and bounds on the mic of the last two years and can hold his own with just about anyone, but he is still light years behind Cena.

As far as the ability to play a character that also goes to Cena, even though Orton is far more entertaining right now. Cena has proven to be an effective heel and face, as he has pretty much been the most over person on the roster in both those roles. Orton has only succeeded as a heel, although his heel character has developed significantly over the years. I'd like to see Orton have a successful face run before I give this one to him.

CenaMark54

Its like saying Austin was the superstar of the decade right? Don't mean he was a good wrestler he was superstar yes? Right ok. The rock was a better athlete than stone cold a better wrestler. But that did not stop Austin from being superstar of the decade? No he wowed the fans. Cena may win the next superstar of the decade. But Orton like the rock is the better overall guy in the ring and getting the crowd to a fever pitch. Can you see my point yet?

Austin was a much better worker than The Rock. Even after he broke his neck. It really wasn't even close.

noumenon

I think Cena having a higher "great match rate" with any opponent has to do with his broader style. Cena's in ring work is pretty damn straight forward stuff. I think a lot of Orton's opponents don't understand what he's going for sometimes and really don't know how to play into his intricacies.

LKP

^^^^ See a cena fan giving Orton props. i have no problem with what you just said cenaMark.
Axis seems to think Orton is like Brooklyn brawler for god sakes. I know he never said that before he starts saying i never said Orton was like the brawler. You put your point across fairly and i respect that. Mr axis is a little bit to much of a hot head. And cant see the fact Orton is superior. Although you went with cena :(.

Plus q1 go make a thread on edge vs Eddie etc id love to debate with that also. That is why i made this thread i wanted heart and soul hardcore posting we do not do that a lot here anymore. Be passionate about what you type and stick to it.

CenaMark54

I think Cena having a higher "great match rate" with any opponent has to do with his broader style. Cena's in ring work is pretty damn straight forward stuff. I think a lot of Orton's opponents don't understand what he's going for sometimes and really don't know how to play into his intricacies.

You're probably onto something here. Although its inexcusable that Orton and HHH's matches are usually below average.

LKP

Exactly^^^ look at Kofi on raw this past week for that thank you.

That is why i think Orton is more of a ring general than cena. He knows what coming next he knows the business. Cena is just like im famous now wwe's poster boy i cannot be doing ring psychology. Orton is better all round thank you.

noumenon

You're probably onto something here. Although its inexcusable that Orton and HHH's matches are usually below average.

He and HHH should never be put in a ring together again. I really hope WWE has learned their lesson with that shit.

LKP

^^^^ Agreed

HHH and Orton the only match i liked from them two was at Unforgiven 2004.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Cena works better with guys like Triple H, Batista, Big Show ect. ect. Orton seems to have a problem working well with guys who are bigger than him. But if he's fighting guys like Kofi, Mysterio, or Shawn Michaels he does much better. I still don't buy Orton being the better wrestler. The way their characters are right now Ortons designed to be the slick, methodical, patient & brooding ring psychologist. Cena is billed to be the noselling superman. Give Cena his rapper gimmick and Orton a less slow & deliberate ring style and we'll see who pulls off the better psychology. Cena could sell like no other in his feuds with Big Show, Kurt Angle & JBL when he was a rapper. It's just not his character right now.

seX-Power

John Cena is the superior one to me. In pretty much all aspects he beats Orton, but I cbf explaining further.