Who should win MITB

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Impactplayer

Reaction score
well he's had an incredible match wiv HBK back in 2002

ino, he's like the HBK of today, hell of an athlete just needs the right push

Complimenting Shelton with only 1 match as an example that is 7 years old isn't going to change minds or make people think of him as a possiblity. Though I'd like to see Christian win, even though he is champion he has the skills as an all rounder to take the best result out of it, making the crowds and detractors in the backstage. He needs something like this to show the world he can hang with the best.

imjerel

Reaction score
alright then, i'll toss out the idea of shelton winning the MITB, how abt Edge (if he returns then and join) do you guys see him as a possible winner?

Airfixx

^^^Sadly not...

@ Imjerel: List all the titles you want.... But when's the last time Shelton as champ meant shit to anything or anyone?

I'll tell ya.. When he was in Team Angle.

Length of reign means nothing with the midcard titles anymore becasue they leave the champs without fueds or defenses for significant periods of time.

I could legit see Ezekiel winning the title at RR with Regal's help, freeing up Christian for a possible Royal Rumble or MITB win, or even a brand switch. I can dream, as this is a great situation. Christian gets the push he's deserved for a long time, and the awesomeness that is Ezekiel becomes champ.

IMO it's no coincidence that C has to face a monster heel... Seems to me they think it's time for him to drop the title without losing cred (prob thx to Regal interference).

COULD bode well for his MITB prospects.

I can't imagine the ECW title having a spot at Mania, so I'd envisage a rematch (with much the same outcome) at the EChamber PPV, C moves qualifies for a MITB spot and leaves ECW soon after Mania.

dragon29

Reaction score
Morrison this guy is great and I think he is the future of the wwe

straight_edge76

Like I said once JoMo actually can cut a atleast somewhat decent promo he should stay nowhere from MitB. The Miz & Christan (going with him Dropping the ECW title) are imo the front runners.

Axis

What is it with everybody and this every-so-important concept of "mic skills?" John Cena, Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and maybe CM Punk are the only really charismatic guys on the mic. The Big Show, Edge, Triple H, Rey Mysterio, The Undertaker, and Randy Orton haven't been cutting SUPER AWESOME EPIC~ promos lately. Nor did Jeff Hardy. People get so obsessive over mic skills that they forget about in-ring charisma. Granted, Morrison lacks that. But the fact remains that unless you have ridiculously awesome charisma on the microphone (see: Rock, Jericho, Ric Flair), then microphone work is not a key to success in the WWE.

Nation

alright then, i'll toss out the idea of shelton winning the MITB, how abt Edge (if he returns then and join) do you guys see him as a possible winner?

Edge doesn't need a MITB win at all. He is one of the top guys in the company. I also definitely have to disagree with Axis about Morrison having no in ring charisma. So what the fuck got Morrison over during his most recent IC title run? He barely talked on the mic he just went out and put on some entertaining matches. As of late has he showed in ring charisma though? Hell no. But he did during his reign as the Intercontinental champion.

soulreaper545

Reaction score
Shelton could be one of the best high flyers around but doesn't get his push since he honestly hasn't earned it yet. All he has ever really accomplished is being the offical MITB spot monkey

LKP

The miz for MITB. And i think he will cash it in at Wm 26 and loses it.

Axis

Edge doesn't need a MITB win at all. He is one of the top guys in the company. I also definitely have to disagree with Axis about Morrison having no in ring charisma. So what the fuck got Morrison over during his most recent IC title run? He barely talked on the mic he just went out and put on some entertaining matches. As of late has he showed in ring charisma though? Hell no. But he did during his reign as the Intercontinental champion.

You're right, I should have been more specific. He had a shit ton of in-ring charisma as a heel. Everything he did attracted boos from the crowd--his smarmy facial expressions, over-the-top showboating, and overall demeanor. It's his current face run that has lacked much substance. He seems to be trying to get over on the fact alone that he can do cool moves, and it doesn't seem nearly as effective as his past heel work.

seX-Power

And what would the point of that be? A waste of one of the only pushes that any midcarder can get?
@ LKP