Who should win MITB

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Axis

There are a few good options this year. Kofi Kingston, Ted DiBiase, Christian, and the Miz are probably four of the best choices. In fact, the crowd was going nuts when Christian nearly won last year; CM Punk actually got a fairly negative reaction when he beat out Christian at the last minute. I would also not mind somebody like Shelton Benjamin or Dolph Ziggler winning, and a rejuvenated push coming from that. Benjamin in particular has recently become a more well-rounded wrestlers, and he could use some Raw/Smackdown exposure in order to put that over.

As for John Morrison still being mentioned, I'm slightly surprised. Despite the IWC's hard-on for the guy, he really seems to have checked out recently, drawing parallels to Carlito in 2006. Perhaps a heel turn would be good for him, or else a program against somebody like Finlay or Regal, who will beat some good into him. For now though, he's lost his chance at being MITB winner. Maybe three months ago I would have been for it, but he's been very very average lately.

But, yeah. A line-up of Kofi Kingston vs Ted DiBiase vs The Miz vs Christian vs Shelton Benjamin vs Dolphin Ziggler would be a lot of fun.

noumenon

^Yeah, I think Morrison's problem mainly stems from the fact that he's completely at a loss of how to play his face character. The whole "Morrison" character in general just wreaks of heel to begin with.

I was a bit shocked at Shelton not winning the homecoming TBH. I thought for sure they were headed towards putting the ECW title on him.

Nation

What the hell is it with Ted DiBiase? Rhodes is slightly better imo.

Great One

Christian. Fuck the rest, no one deserves it more. I love Punk, but I was raging when he won last year.

noumenon

No problem with Punk winning, it was the repeat winner that was the problem. It was used nicely towards his heel turn so I'm not going to complain all that much.

And seriously, stop with Ted Dibiasi. Cody is A LOT better than Ted imo.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
christian or kofi would make me happy please god no not punk again

noumenon

People would tear the place down if Punk won again.

Besides, what Punk has done this year he more than deserves a singles feud leading into Mania.

-TJ-

Ted DiBiase will win, for the simple fact that he has the look to become a big time face, and him winning the MITB could create some tension between him and Randy Orton and could help the break up of Legacy. Simply put.

But Christian should win. He's the shit.