Who is the best wrestler in the world?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is the best wrestler in the world?

• Shawn Michaels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kurt Angle

• AJ Styles

• Other

• Total voters

MizMasta3000

1. Jericho
2. John Cena
3. Kurt Angle
4. Shawn Michaels
5. Randy Orton

Also, don't view it as who's better for the sake of being more athletic or better from a technical standpoint, you have to also include the "sports entertainment" aspect so to speak, of telling a story.
But you don't want us to mention how big of a draw they are. Not saying this in a smart-ass way but that has a lot to do with sports entertainment doesn't it?

The Rated R CMStar

, you have to also include the "sports entertainment" aspect so to speak, of telling a story.

I assume you finished reading.

Kizza

I would say from a mix of sports entertainment and ring ability, it's either Kurt Angle, Shawn Michaels or Chris Jericho. All of them can easily hold their own in the ring, and are brilliant at telling a story.

If we're incorporating sports entertainment into it too, you can't really give the indy guys like Danielson or that a good look, because the ROH style isn't really a flashy style, moreso it's a gritty, back to roots style that they wrestle. Without the sports entertainment experience behind them, i'd say Chris Hero and Bryan Danielson could quite easily be able to do what Shawn Michaels and Jericho do. Tell a story in the ring while holding their own easily in it.

I can see why people get bored with Bryan Danielson and that, but over the last couple of years, he has really developed his own unique kind of charisma, like a Jeff Hardy or Chris Benoit. He wrestles a technical style in the ring, but he and Chris Hero would quite easily be able to work well to storylines that currently run in the WWE.

Qwake

Chris Jericho
Kurt Angle
Randy Orton
AJ Styles
Bryan Danielson

I don't know why there are people who dislike Danielson, probably because he hasn't been shown in WWE or TNA yet, this guy is great in the ring, definitely one of the top guys around based on in-ring ability, but that's not all he's good for either.

The others of course are all great, I'd say Jericho and Angle would be the top two, but AJ and Orton for me would be right up there as well.

straight_edge76

@Quake mainly imo because he is rather bland in the ring. Nothing special.

Nation

Seeing as how Kurt is a lot more active then HBK I vote for Mr. Angle.

Soul_of_Ruby

Reaction score
IMO, the greatest wrestler of all time is HBK. But right now? I have to give that to AJ Styles. As much as I'd like to say CM Punk, it's AJ. The fans love him to death and his in-ring ability is untouchable.

EDIT: Actually, AJ's tied w/ Jericho for best in the world today, imo.

jberq4006

Reaction score
IMO its a tough but i have to pick either angle or HBK

chessarmy

Shawn Michaels, he's the Michael Jordan of wrestling. HBK can wrestle like nobody else, he brings tons of emotion and believability to every match, he can also cut an amazing promo and is extremely over wherever he goes.

HBK > all