Where in the World is CM Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Reactions: Gimmick and Tapout

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
If CM Punk wants to walk out more power to him cause his attitude is getting old.

Reaction score
So this video, while very fake, sums up how bitchy some people can get about wrestlers who "turn their back on the WWE".

Punk may very well be an ass hat, I don't know him personally. He isn't exactly known for having a gracious attitude with crowds or fans. But this notion about wrestlers taking their ball and going home like they're spoiled brats is laughable. The honorable thing is to adhere to a contract. However, it isn't always as simple as that, and the WWE has always seemed like a very cut-throat shark tank. Who knows what promises were made to Punk that didn't come to be. Maybe because of his position in the card, any requests for time off to take care of serious injuries went on ignored by management. In the end, these guys have to do what's best for them at the time because that's always what Vince is going to do for the WWE.

The WWE did very well from what Rock did for them. He was a huge part of why that period in the late 90s and early 2000s were so successful. Not just as a wrestler, but by having the WWE attach themselves to him as he started doing movies. Austin may regret how or why he left the company that first time, but the man made the company so much money it's not like he really owed Vince anything.

These are at best mutually beneficial business deals. Generally the WWE is going to be on the winning end of most contracts and deals. When a wrestler, a commodity to a huge promotion, can no longer produce, they're sent out to pasture. Doesn't matter if they're 30 or 50 when this happens.

A wrestler that doesn't look towards his life after his rasslin' career has to come to an end is foolish.

Reactions: Defiant

Shakey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
why is every on twittier and fb using #wewantpunk as if the wwe fired him

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Because they are the same people who believe the shit about him being against part timers, fighting the fight got the lil man, and all the bs like the pipe bomb being real.

Sheep are missing the fact Punks worked with more part timers since he moved to big boy table than even Cena. Sheep are ignoring Punk hasn't put one motherfucker over since said pipe bomb. Hell the fact is the pipe bomb was something trips and everyone approved and let happen

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You're like one of the last people on this forum who need to be calling anybody sheeps.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Because they are the same people who believe the shit about him being against part timers, fighting the fight got the lil man, and all the bs like the pipe bomb being real.

Sheep are missing the fact Punks worked with more part timers since he moved to big boy table than even Cena. Sheep are ignoring Punk hasn't put one motherfucker over since said pipe bomb. Hell the fact is the pipe bomb was something trips and everyone approved and let happen

So ignoring the sheep thing. Your talking down about a MAIN EVENTER ( a fact that you can hardly dispute) helping put over the younger talent? You don't see an issue with that ( I know you don't but hopefully others will) The Pipe bomb was a work but it was done so brilliantly that a lot of people did get sucked in this is yet another plus. Now I wasn't all that big a fan I really went back and forth. But your points are just failures.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman

Sheep are missing the fact Punks was booked to work with more part timers since he moved to big boy table than even Cena. Sheep are ignoring Punk wasn't booked to put one motherfucker over since said pipe bomb. Hell, the fact is the that pipe bomb was something Trips and everyone approved and let happen

*fixed.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
It's already been said by Meltzer and Alvarez both, punk signed off on his damn deal years ago knowing he would get Hunter and Nash after Cena. He wanted to leech of those names and make the money, it's the same reason he walked around like a whiny bitch saying Dwyane and then was hugging on him when he agreed to work a match vs him and suddenly had more respect for Rock. I'm not buying he doesn't care for part timers when he works with them more so than anyone, is known to be whiny, has openly stated he cares about his bonus checks, and the fact is he doesn't mail it in vs them like he does Seth, Rollins, Axle, Reigns, and Ryback. I mean there's no middle ground between the effort he gives the lil guys he supposedly advocates and then gives the names (Cena included) which is clearly visible as he doesn't half ass the kicks and actually hits that elbow that vs a lower card guy makes Shane look like prime savage or michaels when he sloppily delivers it. I mean he goes from one of best in the world in that ring vs part time money to as lethargic as RVD in TNA vs the lil guy. I just don't buy what he's selling, and he simply lacks the leverage he used to have years ago, so he got pissed and walked because if the reports are true, he wasn't going over vs Hunter (which he shouldn't without an extension) or Bryan was getting a higher profile than him(which fits as he has openly said he deserves to close Mania.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Jason David Frank
"So now that CM punk is out of his contracts and wants to do MMA. Why not me? He already said he fight me. I got this on video from a fan. Come on CM punk we could make this a awesome fight. Plus his weight is way down. This is a recent pic. I'll make any weight to make this happen!!"

I would pay to see Tommy whoop that ass ... That's mania worthy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Who the fuck is Tommy?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Who the fuck is Tommy?
3280786-tommy%2Boliver%2Bshort%2Bcomp_4149bf_3369728.jpg

He would legit beat his ass too as he's a black belt in multiple martial arts and has won mma fights

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Blackbelt don't mean shit to me, just shit to hold up pajamas imo.

Power Rangers........ugh.....slightly less manly than gay marriage.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It's already been said by Meltzer and Alvarez both, punk signed off on his damn deal years ago knowing he would get Hunter and Nash after Cena. He wanted to leech of those names and make the money, it's the same reason he walked around like a whiny bitch saying Dwyane and then was hugging on him when he agreed to work a match vs him and suddenly had more respect for Rock. I'm not buying he doesn't care for part timers when he works with them more so than anyone, is known to be whiny, has openly stated he cares about his bonus checks, and the fact is he doesn't mail it in vs them like he does Seth, Rollins, Axle, Reigns, and Ryback. I mean there's no middle ground between the effort he gives the lil guys he supposedly advocates and then gives the names (Cena included) which is clearly visible as he doesn't half ass the kicks and actually hits that elbow that vs a lower card guy makes Shane look like prime savage or michaels when he sloppily delivers it. I mean he goes from one of best in the world in that ring vs part time money to as lethargic as RVD in TNA vs the lil guy. I just don't buy what he's selling, and he simply lacks the leverage he used to have years ago, so he got pissed and walked because if the reports are true, he wasn't going over vs Hunter (which he shouldn't without an extension) or Bryan was getting a higher profile than him(which fits as he has openly said he deserves to close Mania.
I'd say he was one-upping Rock (which he did amazingly) in their match to prove that Rock isn't worth dick in that ring.

And I'd also say, Punk has been extremely beat up for over a year, but we can shorten that a bit to when he put on one of the best matches of 2013 against Brock just a month after he and Jericho stole the show, just two months after he had the match of the year vs. Undertaker (fuck what the Slammy's said). Being injured/hurt/burnt out ties in perfectly with the timing of when he started mailing it in against the little guys.

Contracted to get Nash? I'm pretty sure there was this rumor that Punk tongue-in-cheek confirmed he was supposed to get the Ace storyline. He was also SUPPOSED to get Nash, but Hunter being the dick he is made it all about himself and it left Punk to have to wait for his match with Hunter, which didn't happen when, where, or how it should.

Yeah, I'm a Punk fan, and yeah, it's standard for Punk fans to blame Hunter, etc., but the writing is on the wall. Should Punk NOT want things to change? WWE keeps doing the same shit over and over expecting different results and they don't get them at all. It's the same thing every single time.

Ratings? Batista came back and WOMEN tuned in to see Batista. Since his return, his RATINGS have been nothing better than Dolph Ziggler (OMG PUT DOLPH IN THE MAIN EVENT WITH BATISTA AND ORTON AT MANIA BECAUSE HE HAS THE SAME VIEWERSHIP AS BIG DAVE!). And we keep talking about viewership? The only guys getting viewers are Paul Heyman, Brock Lesnar, CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, and John Cena. Other guys who gain have been involved in segments with those guys (tonnes tuned in to see Henry get demolished by Brock, tonnes tuned in to see CM Punk vs. The Shield).

And you keep talking about Punk the anti-machine prick... but taking it from various reports, a lot of people involved with WWE have a lower morale right now with Punk being gone because many genuinely looked at his as a leader, someone who would speak up for them. Is Punk a prick for walking out amid his bosses not being able to tell them whether or not they would be paid the same for PPV's now that they have the Network? I think Punk's smart enough to know more raw dollars come to the company per show, but WWE didn't outline how they will use those dollars. Is Punk a prick for walking out on WWE for constantly ignoring the live fans who react to Daniel Bryan over everyone and boo them for not getting the Mania match they want?

You know, there was a time when WWE/F used Mania's main event to push the guy the crowd was behind. Legitimately. It was the end for feuds... it was where THE GUY went over.

The whole match with H and the result stories are garbage. One report from Meltzer says the match was on and Punk didn't see it as a main match. The next from Meltzer says Punk was supposed to lose and he didn't like that. The next from Meltzer says the match was cancelled and it was given to Daniel Bryan.

Go back to that Punk interview saying guys don't know what they're going to do week-to-week anymore, have no direction. Yeah, during the Attitude Era that was cool... but the AE was also driven on the idea that if you got a reaction, you got more time and likely got pushed. Daniel Bryan is THE MOST OVER GUY on the entire roster with live crowds... when that was Cena in that spot, he was pushed to the moon. Batista? Same. Orton? Same. Brock? Same. Austin? Same. Rock? Same. Edge? Same. Undertaker? Same. The list goes on and on. And Bryan is already more over with most crowds than same of those guys ever were... and you ALL know I'm not exaggerating that.

So if Punk is burnt out, hurt, and unhappy with the way they're doing business (the business that has fans hijacking shows and getting so fed up that they're booing/ignoring EVERYONE but Daniel Bryan and the young guys who deserve it over the part timers and the rehashed to dust stories with Cena/Orton), fuck a contractual "obligation".

Also, the fact that Vince is trying his hardest to retain Punk says an awful lot about how much he really means and perhaps Vince realizes he truly did take Punk for granted (or someone else on his staff did since Vince/Punk have reportedly maintained a healthy business relationship for the past couple years).

Reactions: PHX