Where in the World is CM Punk?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I'll believe this is legit when Punk misses Wrestlemania. He's probably sitting at home laughing his balls off right now that the IWC is buying all of this.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would be like biting the hand that fed you if he is working the newz sites that act like the guy was infallible.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Punk to spend months on injured reserve list, while replacing JBL on commentary! :mark:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
On to more pressing matters

Does anyone else see thread title and read it with the Carmen Sandiego them in your head?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So much to reply to but hopefully i'll hit most of the points I wanted to.

Not putting over Cesaro I can to some extent believe. If he did refuse to do it then I see it being down to the way match was being booked and nothing to do with Cesaro personally.

His comment about Sting I can agree with although I still want to see him in the WWE and the position The Undertaker is in, I don't believe a part timer facing him at WrestleMania takes away anyone's spot on the card as the people credible enough to face Taker will still make the card regardless.

I can totally understand his frustrations about Batista however the comment would hold alot more weight if it came from Daniel Bryan as it looks like he's the one who will be hurt most by it. I really do think they need to take a look at / re-evaluate the way they use these returning stars. It may be good for business then are there but when they've disappeared off again and you're back picking up the pieces.

The report about wrestling HHH at Mania being some sort of reward must have been joke. That aint no reward, it was just another uninteresting rematch being served up along with the other two that nobody really wanted to see.

There's still definitely a place in the WWE for Punk though, it just all depends on how well he's saved his money and how badly injured he is. If he truly is burnt out with everything and believes he can sit at home and do what he wants then he should totally do that. Sure he may not make the WWE the same amount of money that John Cena makes them but the guy has probably made them a significant amount and there will come a time when the WWE wants / needs him back and he'll have more leverage then he does now.

Is it a work? Who knows, but I can totally see it being either and regardless of which it is it's got people interested and talking about him. Initially I figured he was just left off of RAW to sell the attack from the Rumble.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Not sure how facing Triple H at Mania is a joke.....The biggest heel in the company, would guarantee you 3-4 segments a show heading up to the match and the match would be high on the card and get 30 minutes with cool entrances.

That would be positioned as the real main event because of the guy he would be working with....seems like the joke is on the guy passing that up.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They need to reinstate Byte This and hire Todd for one day to cover the punk calls like he did the TNA ones

AF.

Reaction score
Punk's been awful for a while now so I'm glad he's gone. If only Cena and co. would fuck off also. WWE may be interesting again.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If anything Punk just got Cena a raise and some perks. Want to know why he is loved by Vince? He didn't leave him, turn his back on him, or be an unprofessional dick like Austin, Punk, Hulk, Warrior, and Brock . Cena is without a doubt his greatest employee (that isn't Taker or family like Hunter).

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Yeah i'm sure that was on Punk's mind when he decided to up and leave...

Reactions: PHX

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
If anything Punk just got Cena a raise and some perks. Want to know why he is loved by Vince? He didn't leave him, turn his back on him, or be an unprofessional dick like Austin, Punk, Hulk, Warrior, and Brock . Cena is without a doubt his greatest employee (that isn't Taker or family like Hunter).

I like how Batista isn't in your list of unprofessional dicks when he's one of the biggest ones. I'm also sure that Vince would take back Rock anyday but he turned his back on WWE too. And then when he came back Vince let him go over Cena on the biggest show of the year. Yeah, so much love there.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Cena went back over the next year lol.

And Batista even when unhappy finished his deal. In fact be signed an extension because their talent was low as his deal expired at the chamber. He has never bitched out and walked when contractual obligated

Last edited:

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
As it stands right now, Punk is still under contract. So he hasn't just pulled out of his deal. His contract goes until July so he could just be taking a break right now to cool off and come back in a month or two. They'll probably even run a story of it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm just mad he decided to leave before I decide to get tickets for when Raw comes here in Feb. Could have at least waited till after that fuck.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'm just mad he decided to leave before I decide to get tickets for when Raw comes here in Feb. Could have at least waited till after that fuck.
You'll get to watch Dave :batista: