What Have You Been Reading Lately

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Terri Persons Blind Rage

Wow this book is bad. I bought it for a few dollars after reading the blurb on the back, from that it sounded like a good crime thriller based on a female FBI agent that has to find a serial killer. Then I start reading it and this FBI agent has magical powers like being able to see through her minds eye by touching something a criminal has touched and she can see what they see. She also sees and talks to dead people. Really weird book and I don't want to finish it but I am going to force myself since I paid money for it. I do not recommend this at all.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Robert Crais - Taken

I think I own every book that Crais has written, I definitely own all of the Cole & Pike series of which this is 15th installment. Really enjoy this series which revolves around Elvis Cole who is a Private Detective and ex-ranger and his best friend Joe Pike who is a former Marine. Cole is a more laidback funny guy whereas Pike is a man of few words and an elite soldier. This time Cole investigates a kidnapping case and in the process is kidnapped himself and Pike has to find him. I haven't read a Crais book for close to two years and this was a great return, great story and it got me interested in re-reading the whole series again.

7/10

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I really enjoyed the hunger games series thus far. Her style is different but simple. She writes in a way where you have to keep reading.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
James Patterson - 10th Anniversary

This is the 10th book in the Women's Murder Club series and as I have read the other nine I naturally decided to get this one. This is another good installment of the series but it isn't really that ground breaking. It is pretty much just the standard for the series but since I was already so far into the series I had to read it.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Spinoza ~ Ethics

I don't know why, but this book has some kind of almost...mystical grip on me.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Julie Otsuka - The Buddha in the Attic 7/10
At times a shocking account of what life was like for Japanise women brought over to the US with dull daily routines and a sense of entrapment. At time the poetic, and repritive pros do grate, but it does grow in substence towards the end when you read about the life of their children. A a good gripping read for the most part.

F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby 8/10
Thought I'd read this before the new film version gets released. It took me a bit of getting into, but once I did it hooked me. It is a very colourful novel, with rich pros, the characters have great depth, but there is also a lot held back to let the mind wonder, it is a highly engrossing and entertaining novel, with a subtle and tragic ending.

Am now reading Scarlett Thomas latest Going Out, was a big fan of her 2007 novel The End of Mr Y.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Stella Rimington - Rip Tide

Stella Rimington is the former head of the MI5, she was the first ever female head of the MI5 and interesting fact Judi Dench's portrayal of M in the James Bond films were based on Rimington. She is now a writer and her fictional books are revolve around the main character Liz Carlyle who works for MI5. Her books are insider spy novels and she does a very good job, it is good because it has a lot of technical detail because of her background. In this book Liz Carlyle has to deal with a terrorist cell, featuring British born terrorists, hijacking boats of the Somalian coast. It is a good story and overall a good book.

Rating: 7/10

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ian Chappell - Life, Larrikans & Cricket

I am an Ian Chappell fan, great cricketer and he has turned into a very good commentator as well. So much better than a lot of the current crop of commentators like Healy and Slater who have no idea. This book is a collections of stories from him throughout his career and life. It covers everything from his early years as a youngster growing up as the grandson of the great Victor Richardson, goes through his early days as a cricketer, his time as Australian captain, his work for Packer and WSC to his days as a commentator. Some really fun and interesting stories in this book.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Batman: Death of the Family(Various Authors)

With the final issue out on Wednesday, I finally decided to start reading the arc. So way back in Detective Comics #1 of the New52 reboot Joker had his face surgically removed, and then dissapeared for over a year. Upon his return, he declares his love of Batman, and that all the little "Bat-Brats" have been keeping "his king" from his true potential. So first he kidnaps Alfred, plays a game of "skin the cat" with Catwoman(Selina Kyle), where the whole time he just wants to watch her strip, then tries to force Batgirl(Barbara Gordon) to marry him while her mother is sitting on a bomb, then tries to get Robin(Damien Wayne, Talia & Bruce's son) to kill a Batman lookalike, attempts to get Red Hood(Jason Todd, Robin #2), and Red Robin(Tim Drake, Robin #3) to kill one another, while the rest of their respected teams(Teen Titans, & The Outlaws) team up in an attempt to save the civilians from the new Joker Toxin(Joker gas, & Scarecrows fear toxin), then kills a good chunk of Haly's Circus, before attempting to kill Nightwing(Dick Grayson, Robin #1). Using such allies as The Riddler, Two-Face, & The Penguin, Joker works on turning Arkham Assylum into Batman's castle, complete with a throne. Each & every one of the stories have ended the same way, with Joker holding a bloody serving tray(or 2 in the case of Hood & Red Robin).

Rating: Pending

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
In%2Bcold%2Bblood.jpg

Just started it, really looking forward to read this one.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Would love to read that one day, loved the film with PSH playing Copate.

I planned on watching that and the actual In Cold Blood movie from 1960 after I read the book.