What Have You Been Reading Lately

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Splitting time between "The Hobbit" and The Harry Potter series. Currently on book 2.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
"The Vagina-Ass of Lucifer Nopebastard."

An interesting read.

Pete

Reaction score
Just started "Sleepers", and I'm really excited. The movie is one of my favourites ever, and the book seems to be just as good. They've actually lifted quotes straight from the book, word for word.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Alan Sugar - What you See is What you get.

I'm an autobiography person.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Jeffrey Eugenides - The Marriage Plot 9/10
The characters are brilliantly written, with some sharp wit and observations. The book twists and turns your expections and feelings as it moves along. The novel works well as a thriller which keeps you guessing until the end, it makes you sad, but also works a character study to very nasty and self-obsessed people.

Am now reading the debut novel by Eowyn Ivey entitled The Snow Child.

Pete

Reaction score
The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Girl Who Played With Fire is slightly weaker than Dragon Tattoo, even though the plot's more interesting. I feel he didn't need to delve quite so deep into Salander's past; she works better as a mysterious character we know little about.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The Millenium Trilogy by Stieg Larsson. Girl Who Played With Fire is slightly weaker than Dragon Tattoo, even though the plot's more interesting. I feel he didn't need to delve quite so deep into Salander's past; she works better as a mysterious character we know little about.

The film version is too. Another factor was losing that central realtionship which worked so well in the first story for much of this one.

The_King

Reaction score
Just starting A Storm of Swords after watching the first two seasons of Game of Thrones. Hope it's as good as the TV series.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Lonely Planet Dubai Encouter
Brushing up on things to do and see over in Dubai for my trip. Getting the Frommers day by day book soon as well to give me some more ideas.

I have heard great things about Marching Powder by Rusty Young, a true crime story about jail life in Bolivia, so I am trying to find that to read next.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Tina Fey - Bossypants

Finally got around to reading this and I am glad that I did. Funny book from a very funny woman. Has a good mix of personal stories from here upbringing plus behind the scenes stories from 30 Rock and SNL. Some genuine laugh out loud moments, the graph being one of them, and if you are a fan of Tina Fey then you really should give this a read.

Dademo

Reaction score
Season of Life - Jeffrey Marx

The book is terrible. I was told it was about football, but the books all about teaching young men lessons through football. I'm not into that stuff.