What could Triple H's big Raw Announcement be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Speaking in kayfabe terms... there is no other controversy. What is he talking about? Reigns won fair and square.

*sigh*

Guess they do have to address the fan backlash though. Predict that they're gonna turn the Andre Battle Royal into the #1 Contenders' Match and annonuce Bryan as the first entrant, which would be the perfect mix of reality (Yay, they are giving Bryan a chance after all! We win! YES YES YES) and kayfabe (the heel Authority being total dicks about it by saying "if Bryan deserves a shot so bad, wish him luck in match where he has less than a 5% chance to win. Beee plus.")

As for the brand split... Yes, but not right now. If they want to merge the rosters and replace everyone on NXT with a bunch of new guys, I guess you can, but the roster was completely exposed at Rumble - there's just not enough depth to fill 2 shows. Hell, they don't have enough to fill one 3 hour show, even though there's not enough spots at the top for the guys we want to be up there.

Really, I just wish there was a way to change this culture that being a midcarder is a kiss of death, a problem that it feels like only they have.

Snowman1

Reaction score
  • Haha
Reactions: Leo C

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Oh, so there IS an actual kayfabe controversy, since Rock did technically interfere during the rumble (since Rusev wasn't eliminated)?

Well that made me a whole lot less interested in this.
The Rock came out after Reigns eliminated Show and Kane though. So technically, he didn't do anything affecting the match.
Plus The Miz eliminated John Cena in 2011 when he wasn't in the Rumble. Then again, WWE thinks we're dumb and will act like it's a first time ever.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Speaking in kayfabe terms... there is no other controversy. What is he talking about? Reigns won fair and square.

*sigh*

Guess they do have to address the fan backlash though. Predict that they're gonna turn the Andre Battle Royal into the #1 Contenders' Match and annonuce Bryan as the first entrant, which would be the perfect mix of reality (Yay, they are giving Bryan a chance after all! We win! YES YES YES) and kayfabe (the heel Authority being total dicks about it by saying "if Bryan deserves a shot so bad, wish him luck in match where he has less than a 5% chance to win. Beee plus.")

Reigns did win fair and square, Rocky entered to help his cousin out when Big Slow and Kane were already eliminated. But the fans ended up pissing on both Rocky and Roman anyway. lol

As far as that video goes, the controversy of Axel not even being eliminated... They'll be like :booker2:. They won't even address it, I am almost 110% sure of that.
Although, I'd like to see a match between Reigns and Axel.

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal being turned into #1 Contender's match is pretty much the only way to make it relevant.
I'd love it if it happened, especially if Bryan won it.

Snowman1

Reaction score
The Rock came out after Reigns eliminated Show and Kane though. So technically, he didn't do anything affecting the match.
Plus The Miz eliminated John Cena in 2011 when he wasn't in the Rumble. Then again, WWE thinks we're dumb and will act like it's a first time ever.

Meant it more of an in-kayfabe controversy than the real one we know it's not... You can argue it's a problem that Rock ran in with Rusev still not being eliminated, even though his interference had no impact whatsoever. Basically it's just having about as much faith in BIG SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENTS that you'd think they came from Dixie Carter.

but as you say... shoot, Rock made less of a difference in the match than Erick Rowan did! [HASHTAG]#JusticeforLukeHarper[/HASHTAG]

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Well, now that I think about it, may be related to Rock but it'll probably be the Axel thing. I guess HHH wanted to work the marks who are crying over Bryan not winning into thinking DB was gonna be put in or whatever and when it gets to it it'll be over Axel, but most have called it already anyway. Well, idk, just rambling

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
I kind of want to think that the big announcement is the "brands" being brought back. If you think about it, it could be beneficial considering how big WWE's roster is. They could even occasionally showcase NXT guys on SmackDown, not every week, but like every two weeks or so, they have two NXT guy matches on there. Raw is for the "big players" of WWE (Cena, Lesnar if he stays, Reigns, Rollins, Bryan, etc) and SmackDown (Titus, Slater, Kidd, Cesaro, New Day, Rose *cringes*, guys like that) Titleholders appear on both shows so everyone can get title shots. All I'm gonna say is that if WWE wants to try and make it work, I think they can do it.

Nice Person

The Artiste
Reaction score
Triple H came out on SmackDown and said he has an announcement that will 'shake the core of the WWE Universe'.

What do you guys think it will be? It's promo'd as if it will be regarding Reigns/Rumble result.

Maybe Reigns joins the authority? :nope:

He going to say that's he's undergoing gender reassignment.......

Reactions: edge4ever