What could Triple H's big Raw Announcement be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Unlikely, but they've saved up on appearances quite a lot.

We'll see, though.

I'd love to be proven wrong and have Lesnar work Fast Lane. And no, not against Kane or Big Show or any similar BS to that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
We'll see, though.

I'd love to be proven wrong and have Lesnar work Fast Lane. And no, not against Kane or Big Show or any similar BS to that.
Didn't Rock and Batista work Elimination Chamber on part time runs? Not sure why you think a part timer is immune to working the last PPV before Mania. Seems like commonplace.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Didn't Rock and Batista work Elimination Chamber on part time runs? Not sure why you think a part timer is immune to working the last PPV before Mania. Seems like commonplace.

I'm not saying it's impossible or that it hasn't happened before, but there's that 'paid per appearance' stuff with Brock, right?

So, I doubt they'd just waste their money on him doing nothing there. Sure, they must've saved up on him not appearing from NOC till like a month before the Rumble, so if he ends up appearing more frequently till Mania, all the better.

He was in that Fast Lane PPV promo, so I'd love it if he had a match there, or if he showed up during Roman's match, for instance and F-5'd him or something along those lines.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I think he will work a match. I don't think WWE wants his presence fading before Mania. He is going to be fairly present.

Somethingcool57

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'll say this if it's about giving DB a shot at WM I'm going to be upset. Not that I don't think the guy shouldn't have another shot it's just that those fans who are fapping over DB being so over and how it was wrong to give Roman the title shot. I just think it would be bad for business for the E to give into threats to cancel the network, if they do it once it opens the flood gates and pretty soon we'll have DB never losing the title and he'll be the next Cena.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'll say this if it's about giving DB a shot at WM I'm going to be upset. Not that I don't think the guy shouldn't have another shot it's just that those fans who are fapping over DB being so over and how it was wrong to give Roman the title shot. I just think it would be bad for business for the E to give into threats to cancel the network, if they do it once it opens the flood gates and pretty soon we'll have DB never losing the title and he'll be the next Cena.

It wasn't wrong to give Roman the Rumble win, I don't have a problem with Reigns winning and I'm a huge DB fan, because it's not Roman's fault. He was simply doing his job.

But, it was wrong to give Bryan such a shitty elimination, as a matter of fact, not only to Bryan, but Ambrose/DZ/Wyatt all got eliminated in that same fashion.

If Bryan was one of the final men to be eliminated, whether legally or by an outside interference, it'd have been fine for the crowd to accept Reigns as the winner, I think.

Roman has the potential to be the next top star, and right now, they're ruining it. By giving him the Rumble win and the crowd pissing on it, this is bad news for Reigns.
He's supposed to be their next top babyface, not top heel.

They've basically thrown Roman under the bus just to prove a point to the fans - that we do not tell them how to book their shows and we can't always have our way. So, they told us to go fuck ourselves in a way. I really hope they know what they're doing with this, because it can come back to bite 'em in the ass.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
maybe another brand split? Adding the world championship again?

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score

Too soon to do it now, imo. The only reason that World Championship isn't around Lesnar's waist is because he said 'I ain't wearin' two freakin' titles.'

Maybe later in the year. But we'll see, I guess...

Who knows, maybe they are going to do just that... And kind of apologize for 'the Philadelphia screwjob' and put the WHC title on Bryan and make him the face of SmackDown. But, we'll see.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score

this would be dope as fuck

it is going to have to happen again soon, and seems like something HHH would favor. The killing of the brand split wreaks of Vince

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Since he said the controversy of the Royal Rumble would be addressed and that controversy is directly linked to Daniel Bryan, it'll obviously have something to do with Bryan. I wouldn't put it past him to troll people with the Curtis Axel stuff at first just for the lolz before giving the real announcement, though.

Either Roman Reigns will face off with Daniel Bryan at Fast Lane to determine who will really face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania, or (the thought of this is delicious and luscious to my brain) he announces that Brock Lesnar will defend his WWE World Heavyweight Championship one last time before Wrestlemania against Daniel Bryan at Fast Lane. The justification for either option despite Bryan fairly losing the Royal Rumble match could be that Bryan was forced to forfeit his championship last year and never actually lost it in in-ring competition.

Of course, people aren't gonna suddenly start cheering Roman Reigns again just because they gave Bryan a title shot and had him lose, so should that title match actually happen at Fast Lane, maybe they'll be some sort of non-finish or something that grants Bryan another shot at Wrestlemania. Either way, unless they're fucking with us in some way (which would be a pretty stupid thing for them to do), the WM main event looks like it's gonna be either Lensar vs Bryan or Lesnar vs Bryan vs Reigns.
I like where you're going with this and most likely, something to this affect will happen. I do, however, feel that there won't be another triple threat match. I don't see that happening 2 years in a row. I can see Bryan fighting Brock at Fast lane or Mania before I can see the triple threat happening again.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Too soon to do it now, imo. The only reason that World Championship isn't around Lesnar's waist is because he said 'I ain't wearin' two freakin' titles.'

Maybe later in the year. But we'll see, I guess...

Who knows, maybe they are going to do just that... And kind of apologize for 'the Philadelphia screwjob' and put the WHC title on Bryan and make him the face of SmackDown. But, we'll see.
well that's where my head was going....Bryan never lost the title....triple h comes out and addresses the controversy with Bryan not being in the main event and offers him a shot at the new World Title at Fast Lane against Seth Rollins or something. The justification will be that Bryan never lost....nor did the 30 day championship defend policy apply to Brock. This means that Reigns can choose to either face Brock Lesnar or Seth/DB....depending on who the winner is at Fast Lane.

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
well that's where my head was going....Bryan never lost the title....triple h comes out and addresses the controversy with Bryan not being in the main event and offers him a shot at the new World Title at Fast Lane against Seth Rollins or something. The justification will be that Bryan never lost....nor did the 30 day championship defend policy apply to Brock. This means that Reigns can choose to either face Brock Lesnar or Seth/DB....depending on who the winner is at Fast Lane.

We'll see how it plays out this Monday.

One thing's for sure, it's gonna be related to Bryan and Reigns... Aaand I'd love it if Lesnar was defending the WWE-WHC at Fast Lane, as well.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Rumble Re-do at fast lane. Winner enters into a TRIPLE threat match for da title.
That is an interesting idea....could be that way....first time in WWE history anything like that has happened.....2 Rumble's in the same year.....I think it would be very predictable that Bryan would win, but it would be fun to see nonetheless.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/playlists/exclusive-interviews-with-michael-cole
Interesting....Triple H is a genius when it comes to this stuff.....again, I'm not 100% certain of the "controversy" he means....but it'll be fun to watch.

Reactions: Danielson