What could Triple H's big Raw Announcement be?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Announcing Roman Reigns' Fast Lane opponent... Daniel Bryan. (Why? Because the fans booed Reigns but cheered Bryan, so let's see who really deserves a shot at WM)
Building on this speculation: Yeah. I think that's the most logical announcement that Triple H will make.

The controversy wasn't just about Reigns; they wanted Bryan to be the winner, and the fact that Daniel didn't really get eliminated (last time I checked, he jumped between the ropes), and then Rusev was allowed to go outside the ring and get back in. AND to top it off, Kane and Big Show was allowed to get back into the ring. It was more than one thing. This Royal Rumble was a bullshit one, IMHO.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Building on this speculation: Yeah. I think that's the most logical announcement that Triple H will make.

The controversy wasn't just about Reigns; they wanted Bryan to be the winner, and the fact that Daniel didn't really get eliminated (last time I checked, he jumped between the ropes), and then Rusev was allowed to go outside the ring and get back in. AND to top it off, Kane and Big Show was allowed to get back into the ring. It was more than one thing. This Royal Rumble was a bullshit one, IMHO.

Bryan was legitimately eliminated actually. The Suicide Dive by DB to Bray on the outside happened earlier than the elimination.

Rusev tried to eliminate Bryan, but he hung onto the ropes, then Bray hit him and he got eliminated. But yeah, BS elimination, regardless.

Reactions: InSaNe

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Bryan was legitimately eliminated actually. The Suicide Dive by DB to Bray on the outside happened earlier than the elimination.

Rusev tried to eliminate Bryan, but he hung onto the ropes, then Bray hit him and he got eliminated. But yeah, BS elimination, regardless.
Thanks for that info.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I did think about the brand split. At first I dismissed it because I figured it had nothing to do with Roman, but come to think of it, a new World title could have to do with the Rumble winner.

Reactions: edge4ever

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
you guys are getting too lovey dovey for me....and I kind of fucking like it!!!! ya know?!!??!

any ways, yes, I agree it may be that he'll have Reigns fight DB at Fast Lane....but, if he does this, he has to understand that Reigns will def be viewed as a heel....

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
to
I did think about the brand split. At first I dismissed it because I figured it had nothing to do with Roman, but come to think of it, a new World title could have to do with the Rumble winner.
to me, it makes sense....and he has Bryan compete against Rollins for it...who can cash in on him, btw, even if he loses the match...

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
A few thoughts:

1) I can't imagine it's another brand split. This big announcement has the earmarks of a "oh, crap" reaction to the crowd response at the Rumble. A brand split setting up Daniel Bryan/Seth Rollins/whoever as a second world champion for Reigns to elect to face, rather than facing Lesnar, would take time to set up, write, build, etc. I don't see this as something such thought has been put into.
2) I firmly believe that Daniel Bryan will somehow get inserted into the title picture at Mania. It will either happen Monday night or it will be set up so that it could happen at Fast Lane. I figure we'll get an announcement that either pits Bryan vs. Lesnar for the title (Bryan either wins outright; there's some sort of non-finish to set up a three-way match at Mania between Lesnar, Bryan, and Reigns; or, and I actually think this is the most likely scenario, Sheamus screws Bryan and allows Lesnar to win through interference, setting up Sheamus vs. Bryan at Mania) or pits Bryan vs. Reigns with the Mania spot on the line (I think the most likely scenario is that one of those three endings happens in that match also).
3) Vince doesn't care if we see Reigns as a heel. For the last decade, the "face of the WWE" has been cheered by half of the audience and booed by the other half. The reality is that the half that cheers for him drives the money train that puts bucks in the bank. That's the same audience they're going for with Reigns. If we want to boo him, we're still putting down $9.99 a month and paying to attend WWE events just for the privilege.

wk

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Would love a brand split and taking SmackDown back to when it mattered, Ruthless Aggression Era and before, but I sadly dont think that will happen :( I think its going to be Roman vs Bryan announced for Fast Lane.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
A brand split is one of the last things I want to see right now. I'd welcome just having the World Heavyweight Championship on the show again before I'd welcome a complete split of the rosters.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
WWE Championship being exclusive to RAW (and PPVs) and WHC being exclusive to SmackDown (and PPVs) would be better than a brand split, but after they put so much effort into unifying it all into one title, I doubt it. Does anyone else think that wrestlers who hold the IC title for a certain amount of time should be eligible for a World Championship match? A bit like the X-Division in TNA, you can have a really over IC title guy who gets a chance to fight for the WHC. It could make them raise their IC title game around the PPV where they get their chance, possibly hold a tournament to decide the next champion and also build up your IC champion into a main event material star, therefore if they drop back down to the title, you have more guys who have had a little shot at the main event.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
WWE Championship being exclusive to RAW (and PPVs) and WHC being exclusive to SmackDown (and PPVs) would be better than a brand split, but after they put so much effort into unifying it all into one title, I doubt it. Does anyone else think that wrestlers who hold the IC title for a certain amount of time should be eligible for a World Championship match? A bit like the X-Division in TNA, you can have a really over IC title guy who gets a chance to fight for the WHC.

That's something I've been thinking about for a good while. That'd be like one of the very few ways to make the IC title relevant.

But will they actually do something like that? I doubt it.

Koko B.

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
How would a brand split address Royal Rumble Controversy?