UWF - Past Smackdown Shows & Cards

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aniking

Reaction score
Re: UWF Presents Friday Night Smackdown - 26th of April

Oh please WWs n SBS made the fairest call thry could, you sound bitter and pretenious; the decision had Reys consent.. Just give the efed fairness a rest, this isnt fucking Itchweed booking. Perhaps if Miz got the win at Mania he deserved then this wouldnt of been the case.

I have valid reasons for being bitter and you don't even know the half of it, so before you jump on me how about you get all the facts before labelling me pretentious.

If I don't like something I'm gonna let everyone know about it because I really don't care if I piss anyone off. See it doesn't matter if this happened in 2013 or 2009, I've never changed my opinion on decisions like that and frankly never will, because the conception that the titles are a reward for your efforts gets devalued every single time a decision like this has been made. The fact it has Rey's consent is irrelevant because he'd be the champion either way. It's not a factor or excuse at all.

If it was gonna go down this way, then yeah, Miz definitely should've won at Wrestlemania 110% to prevent a completely pointless reign that looks unprofessional. I get e-feds are for fun, blah blah blah, but nobody would want any area of the fed to look bad now would they?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I'm with Aniking, not the fairness part, but the changing of the title the way it was, was pretty stupid. What happened to Miz/Rhodes 2? I for one would have loved to have seen that, and if Miz didn't win, we'd just find another way down the road to get the title back on Smackdown. Aside from that, why would you draft Bray Wyatt over to Raw knowing full well he was the World Heavyweight Champion on Smackdown? Doesn't seem very logical.

It was a great show, not really surprised that I lost to be honest... Won't get into it.

WWS, you did a great job. Don't get discouraged by mine or Aniking's words.

Aniking

Reaction score

WWS, you did a great job. Don't get discouraged by mine or Aniking's words.

I don't want this to get lost in all of this either. I thought every bit of the show was great and it was a fantastic debut show for you, WWS. It wouldn't have mattered who wrote the show - whether it was SBS, Cwalker, Grimlock, Itchweed, LK, Jay, Justin, Vita, Shawn, Bankise, the list goes on and on. I would've argued against it anyway because it just wasn't done well whatsoever and RRS worded it very well.

So if you put that decision aside, you did an awesome job and you should be very proud. Smackdown looks to be in very safe hands, especially considering there weren't two shows written this week by one head writer. That's a good sign in regards to writer workload.

Reaction score

A draft was desperately needed from what I understand and gathered, SBS, Sam & Grimlock asked me to help them decide on a new roster, the fact was in place and honestly, by the time Cwalker had made his decision, almost everything was booked in away which would of made it harder and less enjoyable people but honestly, would you rather have a competition which would be a joke in some sense by having me or SBS or whoever was writing for that matter under duress to give the title to someone on Smackdown just because it would mean the title went for Smackdown.

Had we done Miz/Rhodes II, imo it negates the whole Wrestlemania match entirely, regardless of my opinion or anyone else's for that matter. This way, there was no pressure on the competition to be thrown.

I know other members of staff would rather write with a roster they happy with, it makes everything easier and as far as I'm aware, SBS & Grimlock spoke to Rey about the situation before the draft was made, so I'm presuming this plan was done just after Rey was announced to retain.

It's an unfortunate situation where someone would lose out or get upset because something wouldn't go their way. The interest of fairness was at heart for both writers and trash-talkers. By the sounds of it, this could be handled better but it could of been handled far worse as well.

Reaction score
UWF Smackdown Preview - 3rd of May

UWF Smackdown is live from Stamford Bridge, London, England

TheNewSmackdownBanner.png

4951213.jpg

Capacity:- 52,000 (Sold out for this event)

What does the first thing a Chelsea Supporter incharge of a brand worth a 100 million dollars a year do on his first week back, he takes his brand for a live edition of Smackdown from his club's stadium and boy does it look promising. After the chaotic events of last week, UWF Smackdown is seemingly in a better position than it was, it is now the brand with the Ultimate Wrestling Federation’s prized championship the UWF Championship, however there is currently a slight hitch with it, it’s in the possession of UWF own Dick Dastardly, Damien Sandow; but there is hope as Your Enlightened Saviours almost met their demise on Smackdown with Daniel Bryan seemingly joining his once fierce rival, Desmond Wolfe. With Money in the Bank approaching, how will the six competitors in that contest look to gain the upper hand, will Rob Van Dam show himself? Also, how what will happen between Triple H & Batista this week, on top of two in-ring débuts, this Smackdown promises to be one hell of a show with five spectacular matches and a few segments to die for.

Opening Match:
“Macho Man†Randy Savage versus Scott Hall
In the opening bout of this promising Smackdown, Randy Savage makes his grand return to the wrestling industry, facing another legend looking to leave his mark in UWF history, Scott Hall. What will happen when legends of an era long forgot collide to open up Smackdown.

Singles Match:
Chris Jericho versus Christopher Daniels
Money in the Bank competitors are looking to make their mark on Smackdown, Jericho is coming off a lost at Wrestlemania but Jericho has showed tons of promise since coming to UWF and is no doubt looking to get back a winning track against Christopher Daniels, who lost to Antonio Cesaro after a spectular counter, which one of these two will gain momentum leading up to Money in the Bank?

Singles Match:
THE Brian Kendrick versus “The Animal†Batista
Last week, both men made their verbal débuts but Batista did more than that, he made a statement costing Triple H his match against Montel Vontavious Porter, now it’s time for Batista to step into the ring and he’s facing the débuting THE Brian Kendrick. It will be brawn versus speed, THE Brian Kendrick versus Batista on Friday Night Smackdown.

Singles Match:
Triple H versus The UWF Champion, Damien Sandow
In the main match on the undercard, the newly crown UWF Champion Damien Sandow is thrown straight back into the deep end against an opponent who has grown accostumed to World Championships over the years, Triple H and he has eyes set on adding another piece of gold to that list, that's if he can beat Batista at Money in the Bank but for this week, he has to settle with a non-title match against the Champion but if Triple H walks away victorious could be this be a sign of things to come for The Game? Or will Damien Sandow prove that he is able to outsmart anyone and everyone Desmond Wolfe throws at him.

Main Event, Singles Match:
The UWF Eurovision Champion, Daniel Bryan versus Austin Aries
Last week, Austin Aries attempted to make a statement after being mocked by the Smackdown General Manager, Desmond Wolfe but Wolfe had an ace up his sleeve with Daniel Bryan who saved Desmond Wolfe from a further beatdown and as a result, this week on Smackdown Daniel Bryan and Austin Aries will lock horns in a centre of the ring, both men want to prove they are best but only one man will walk away with the victory.

We Will Also Hear From:

The Miz – Who UWF Smackdown live from his home in Cleveland as he couldn’t make the flight over to the United Kingdom, what will have to say about the UWF Championship situation and how he lands to capture the gold which alluded him at Wrestlemania.

Damien Sandow & Daniel Bryan – The two will have a confrontation in the middle of the ring but it is very doubtful these two will be hugging out their issues as blood runs black between the two.

Reverend D-Von – D-von making his UWF début this week and has promised to deliver a service on he lands to cease UWF Universe of it all it’s sins but will this preachers sermon go to plan?

Also, The UWF United States Champion Antonio Cesaro, Montel Vontavious Porter, Jeff Hardy & Triple H will give their reflective opinions on the events of the past few weeks.

==================================================

Message from Me: Please, if you been asked to a promo, the sooner they come in the better and if you're unsure on what to do, ask me and I'll happily go through it with you.

I got a few débuts out this week as well and I got some cool ideas in my head, I'd love to see some class trash-talking and I'll be working on the show from tomorrow onwards.

And one final note, Grimlock said if he can get on tonight and set up his newly brought base unit, he'll do some fancy graphic visuals to make the show look nicer.​

Aniking

Reaction score

A draft was desperately needed from what I understand and gathered, SBS, Sam & Grimlock asked me to help them decide on a new roster, the fact was in place and honestly, by the time Cwalker had made his decision, almost everything was booked in away which would of made it harder and less enjoyable people but honestly, would you rather have a competition which would be a joke in some sense by having me or SBS or whoever was writing for that matter under duress to give the title to someone on Smackdown just because it would mean the title went for Smackdown.

A draft was definitely needed, without a doubt, and it has all been done very well and nice and smoothly. Of course there's always gonna be a show with more titles than the other and it'd all have to be evened out, but the way in which getting the UWF Championship to Smackdown was done wasn't good. It's not like it HAD to happen anyway as the Raw and Smackdown titles have all swapped brands, which didn't really need to happen to get the rosters fresh.

And yes, the proper way would've been to have a proper match to get the title to Smackdown and for it to be contested between rawisrey and somebody else. It would've been as simple as having Rhodes defend the title on Smackdown (as the World Heavyweight is being defended on Raw) and then if Rey got beaten then the title would change hands and everything's sweet. Pretty straightforward and how it should be I would think.

Had we done Miz/Rhodes II, imo it negates the whole Wrestlemania match entirely, regardless of my opinion or anyone else's for that matter. This way, there was no pressure on the competition to be thrown.

It doesn't negate the Wrestlemania match whatsoever, in fact rematches like that happen when both guys trashtalk extremely well. Take how Rey was even champion to begin with - he and Dod's John Morrison had THREE title matches yet neither one negated the other. First Rey retained, then Dod won, then Rey won it back. If anything it adds meaning to the title when that happens as it's hotly contested.

I know other members of staff would rather write with a roster they happy with, it makes everything easier and as far as I'm aware, SBS & Grimlock spoke to Rey about the situation before the draft was made, so I'm presuming this plan was done just after Rey was announced to retain.

Again, Rey giving his permission is irrelevant. He'd still be champion regardless and has scored a free world title reign in the process. Not saying he's greedy at all, that just isn't a word I'd associate Rey with as he'd rather compete more than anything, but the whole discussion wasn't needed. Have Rhodes defend the title on Smackdown, have him lose if Rey gets beaten and it's a win-win situation (except for Rey who loses the title, but every champ loses their title at some point).

The interest of fairness was at heart for both writers and trash-talkers. By the sounds of it, this could be handled better but it could of been handled far worse as well.

I can definitely understand you guys had all of that at heart, but it just wasn't done well and wasn't the right decision is all I'm arguing. I'm not sure how worse it could've been handled, because it was either this way or the way I suggested above, but it could've been handled better for sure. I'd say it's something that can be learnt from, but I've witnessed so many of these decisions over the years that that statement doesn't have any meaning as it won't be the case.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Re: UWF Smackdown Preview - 3rd of May

Will be facing Hoov for the first time I believe. This is gonna be interesting. Will post something when I finish my MITB TT.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score

I have valid reasons for being bitter and you don't even know the half of it, so before you jump on me how about you get all the facts before labelling me pretentious.

If I don't like something I'm gonna let everyone know about it because I really don't care if I piss anyone off. See it doesn't matter if this happened in 2013 or 2009, I've never changed my opinion on decisions like that and frankly never will, because the conception that the titles are a reward for your efforts gets devalued every single time a decision like this has been made. The fact it has Rey's consent is irrelevant because he'd be the champion either way. It's not a factor or excuse at all.

If it was gonna go down this way, then yeah, Miz definitely should've won at Wrestlemania 110% to prevent a completely pointless reign that looks unprofessional. I get e-feds are for fun, blah blah blah, but nobody would want any area of the fed to look bad now would they?

No one got screwed, the only person is getting screwed right now is Wrestling with Shadows, you ungrateful asshole. You want to treat this like this is one huge big screw job where Rey got robbed, when you're just making yourself look like the biggest wanker on the planet complaining over what? A title moving, where it went between a person just because you don't argue with it, you need to call out people in public?

You got screwed, woes you. I've been screwed, SBS has been screwed, Cwalker got screwed, Slim's been screwed, this is not a screw job, so get your head out of your ass and show some fucking respect to people who write. Not just make the place look tidy.

If you don't like it, call us out in staff, we have a discussion don't we, talk in there, not be a dickhead in public for no reason other than "I DON'T ARGUE WITH THIS!".

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score

Good card Shadow, if you want me to help out with writing a match this week, just drop me a message and we'll work something out. Ignore anyone who bitches you out, you're doing a great job, at least you're actually put in the effort to write the shows.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Yeah. WWS came in as a new guy and now he is playing two characters and he is writing a show. He deserves all the credit one can get.

Killz

Reaction score

Ah couldn't ask for much more...Shane in my first match back. Legendary fedder, had a great time with him in ETW, and hopefully a good session here too. Good luck man.

Main event looks real nice and the promos should be a lot of fun.

Sam

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen

HEY!, everybody stop arguing and get along yeah?

Great show from WWS who is fast becoming a very competent writer which is fantastic to see. I enjoyed TTing with RRS this week and his Daniels is truly great and I hope we get to tangle again sometime soon and properly go to town. Other than that, like I said, great show from WWS and I look forward to seeing where Smackdown goes next week and for many weeks moving forward.

Blizzard

Reaction score

If you don't like it, call us out in staff, we have a discussion don't we, talk in there, not be a dickhead in public for no reason other than "I DON'T ARGUE WITH THIS!".
This should've happened from the start. Should this really be going on right here? Do you think WWS deserves this? How about we just comment on the show and leave it at that.

Anyways, fantastic show WWS! After reading this, I know you're gonna do great. I can speak for everyone when I say we're glad to have you board, bud. I'm still in shock after reading the show, and that's good! The UWF Championship has made its way on SmackDown in a pretty interesting way. I'm gonna have to check out how that goes. It's gonna be fun having Sandow as UWF Champ too and I wonder where Rhodes will go from this. Dashing return anyone? The matches and promos were all great, and I'm defiantly interested in both Batista and Kendrick. They're played by both phenomenal guys in Shane and Killz so I know they won't disappoint. The MiTB PPV looks sick as well, looking forward to the next show!

ShanegoFett

Reaction score

That show was fucking crazy. Bottom line haha!

Sam picks up another hard fought win to unify the US/HC titles, thats definitely cool. The UWF title was a bit of a shock for good and bad. I'm SO not touching anything said earlier because my opinions always make people mad hahaha. I like the idea of what happened, it did bring a title over to SD and that was needed. I mean, what I'd do now is as GM call some sort of "wtf was that mate" and strip him. Adds drama and then at the ppv whoever fights for it has more to gain from it. THATS JUST ME. I LOVED THE SHOW OKAY? okay.

Really happy I got some positive feedback on Batista from you guys :) I really appreciate it. Love that I get Dresden at MITB. Like, holy shit thats awesome. I hope we can deliver.

This YES Faction splitting up has made me really happy. Felt it had run its course and this is a good way to do it. Great show, everybody involved gave a lot of effort and I cant wait till next week.

ShanegoFett

Reaction score

Awwwww yisss Killa and STP going at it again, one on one. I love it! I think the Main event and Trips/Sandow could be show stealers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.