UWF - Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
That's what happens when you don't TT earlier. People leave it to the last minute and apologise about no-showing yet they had the entire week to TT. Not taking a shot at you, it's just the perfect example of what can happen and in the process it lets down the writers.

If a deadline is the day of the show, no wonder ACW seemed to have some late shows. It's logical for it to be the day before, giving the writers adequate time to complete matches and piece the show together so it can be put up on the day. Either way, nobody should be posting last minute anyway, unless it's to even up TTing like 2-2 or something.

In this case, Andrew was setting the pace, and he only posted his second yesterday, so there wasn't much I could do. I only wish I would have had the energy to go 2-2 with him as I had a reply planned, just not the energy to post it.

Also, ACW's deadline was not always the day of the show. But we ALWAYS made it clear at the bottom, is what I was saying. Usually we'd end on a Wed or Fri for the Sat/Mon upload. But people would know it was Wednesday or Friday because we'd specify it at the bottom of the card.

Aniking

Reaction score
In this case, Andrew was setting the pace, and he only posted his second yesterday, so there wasn't much I could do. I only wish I would have had the energy to go 2-2 with him as I had a reply planned, just not the energy to post it.

Also, ACW's deadline was not always the day of the show. But we ALWAYS made it clear at the bottom, is what I was saying. Usually we'd end on a Wed or Fri for the Sat/Mon upload. But people would know it was Wednesday or Friday because we'd specify it at the bottom of the card.

Fair enough in both cases. I guess if you knew the deadline was the day before the show then you could've thrown something up, but in saying that it's pretty much an unwritten rule that the deadline is the day before. Again, it's pretty logical and assumptions can't be made considering RP and TT feds differ on many aspects.

Bottom line is you know for next time.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Dear aspiring writers/bookers/e-fedders...

Next week SBS on going on 3 week study leave and UWF Smackdown needs you! If you think you can cut it being assistant on the Smackdown brand for three weeks, please let me know now as I shall be incharge!

PM me a sample of a match or if I know you, just PM me!!!

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Wish I could help ya bro. But my style of writing matches differs, I'll try and practice writing a match like you guys do and see how I get. :p

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Well you know I'd help as Sam needs some help from me as well and when you were taking a little break I was helping SBS but given my predicament I can't sit down and write a match, I encourage anyone to step up and help us out. All things considered this could be a three week trial period of testing out if writing is for you, if it isn't well that's fine and good but who knows you could really help the writers out in the long run. I think the whole writing staff got into writing the shows just from trying it out when the opportunity arose.

and Rated R, how different? because in a way we all have different styles, like I'd say I'm very television based, if you read my match I want you to feel like you could see it on a Raw or Smackdown or PPV, while I know other people write an entirely different way. But I mean how would you say you write your matches differently from what you see from us? are you more like spot spot spot finish?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Well you know I'd help as Sam needs some help from me as well and when you were taking a little break I was helping SBS but given my predicament I can't sit down and write a match, I encourage anyone to step up and help us out. All things considered this could be a three week trial period of testing out if writing is for you, if it isn't well that's fine and good but who knows you could really help the writers out in the long run. I think the whole writing staff got into writing the shows just from trying it out when the opportunity arose.

and Rated R, how different? because in a way we all have different styles, like I'd say I'm very television based, if you read my match I want you to feel like you could see it on a Raw or Smackdown or PPV, while I know other people write an entirely different way. But I mean how would you say you write your matches differently from what you see from us? are you more like spot spot spot finish?

I've always written the match without commentary, putting every little detail I could in. I've never been very good at the commentary stuff.

Aniking

Reaction score
I've written the occasional match in the past and from my experience commentary is the easiest part of the match. You add a line or two in between paragraphs to split them up. What's so hard about that?

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
well you don't need much commentary, in fact commentary is mostly just a tool to get things across better. Like a big spot you just ahve the announcers go crazy or a wrestler trying to do something in the match the commentators can just outright say what he's doing instead of having people assume a wrestler is doing a particular thing

Pete

Reaction score
I know I'm new, but I used to write about 1/3 of all ACW shows. Unfortunately my matches are lost in the mists of time now :(

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Aight... so... Showdown of Dreams was a very good idea in theory but it wasn't executed to its fullest. I took it upon myself to write a match for it in the Be the Booker area. I felt at least one match should live from it. So here it is.

http://wrestlingsmarks.com/forums/t29630/#post280937

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Me and Sam are about powerful the rest of Halloween Havok due to some personal issues with SBS which take the upmost properity over Halloween Havok.

Expect a Show tonight hopefully, I'll do my best to get it up tonight but no promises.

FYI - Chairs Match, I Quit Match, Triple Threat & Some more to the WHC is needed to be done.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
So if someone wants to write the Triple Threat match - Please, let me know now!

So I can focus on the I Quit Match and get the majority of the show done.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I don't complain that often, but really NadupundyRobot? Had all month to TT and you choose the day before the show and drop a bomb on me?

Last edited: