UWF - Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aniking

Reaction score
I'd like to point out that I don't think the owners of the fed should get all the credit for Feds success. No offense Cwalker. But really we are all equal parties to it. So Itchweed may have been one of the first owners, he certainly did not make UWF what it is.

It's highly likely it wouldn't even exist if I hadn't got it moved here. If Itch gets a Hall of Fame shoutout for creating the fed, I should get one for ensuring it didn't die a couple of months later on a random website. Facts!

Aniking

Reaction score
In all seriousness though, I'm slightly late to the party but I'm very pleased to see the list of Hall of Famers. I was seriously expecting somebody undeserving to make it, just like I see undeserving winners and nominations for the Monthly Awards every fucking month, but I'm glad I was wrong.

Reaction score
In all seriousness though, I'm slightly late to the party but I'm very pleased to see the list of Hall of Famers. I was seriously expecting somebody undeserving to make it, just like I see undeserving winners and nominations for the Monthly Awards every fucking month, but I'm glad I was wrong.

Then awards should be decided amongst the staff to prevent that from happening, rework the entire award system if that's been an issue which is holding it back.

Aniking

Reaction score
Then awards should be decided amongst the staff to prevent that from happening, rework the entire award system if that's been an issue which is holding it back.

I'm the only one who has voiced any issue with it, frankly because I think I'm the only one who truly cared. I wanna see people get rewarded if they deserve it across the entire month, not if they win one particular match and it's all anybody remembers. Either way, not enough people nominated or voted, which is probably why the Awards are gone. Probably best as the nominations were decreasing.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing the nominations come back, but I'd like to see the categories greatly reduced. I think it should be kept to;

RAW Superstar Of The Month:
Smackdown Superstar of The Month:
NXT Superstar of The Month:
Writer Of The Month:
Brand of The Month:
Match Of The Month:

I don't think you really need anything other than that. Maybe there being less categories to think about might convince more people to vote.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I kinda got tired of seein the same person get nominated by everyone so I was like... no point in doin anything. That did happen quite a few times.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I kinda got tired of seein the same person get nominated by everyone so I was like... no point in doin anything. That did happen quite a few times.

This is why I got fed up with the awards. Its was the same exact thing every month.

Match of the Month became a joke because 9/10 whatever match was longest was the one that got voted for.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
This is why I got fed up with the awards. Its was the same exact thing every month.

Match of the Month became a joke because 9/10 whatever match was longest was the one that got voted for.

And no disrespect meant, but you were always nominated for Writer of the Month, because, well, you were the ONLY writer for a long period of time so that award got a redundant. I also found it weird how the people nominated for Underrated were the same people nominated for Most Improved. That one kind of threw me off a few times. I think if we were going to do monthly awards it should just simply be the best of each brand for that month. Best NXT, Raw, and Smackdown star. And if you want to add another do either most improved, or Underrated.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
And no disrespect meant, but you were always nominated for Writer of the Month, because, well, you were the ONLY writer for a long period of time so that award got a redundant. I also found it weird how the people nominated for Underrated were the same people nominated for Most Improved. That one kind of threw me off a few times. I think if we were going to do monthly awards it should just simply be the best of each brand for that month. Best NXT, Raw, and Smackdown star. And if you want to add another do either most improved, or Underrated.

Zero disrespect taken. I actually don't think I was the best writer any time I won that award.

And speaking of Underrated/Improved, you're a perfect example. I think you won both of those in the same month like twice or something. Doesn't add up.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Zero disrespect taken. I actually don't think I was the best writer any time I won that award.

And speaking of Underrated/Improved, you're a perfect example. I think you won both of those in the same month like twice or something. Doesn't add up.

I did. It always made me wonder. Like..how can I be improved, yet underrated, or underrated yet improved? It was just something that messed with my head.

Aniking

Reaction score
This is exactly what I mean, and I spoke up about that at the time as well. How the hell you can get nominated for, let alone win, both Most Underrated and Most Improved? It was just ridiculous and proves that nobody takes in the entire month and just votes for whatever comes to mind. That's why I think the Awards need to stay away for a while. Combined with the fact there were less people nominating each month and not enough people voting either.

Last edited:

Aniking

Reaction score
Relax guys, everything is updated again. You can all settle down now.