UWF - Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
imo I always thought the nomination thread should of been the voting thread in and of itself, just list your votes and that's it. i mean people nominated the same thing a bunch of times and most of the time didn't even vote in the voting threads by the look of the numbers.

But speaking of awards, considering this current incarnation of UWF began right after Mania, Anyone think annual awards is a good idea?

Aniking

Reaction score
But speaking of awards, considering this current incarnation of UWF began right after Mania, Anyone think annual awards is a good idea?

Like the Slammy Awards in UCW? I'd say it's worth doing, just as long as the Award nominations are done by those who have an expansive knowledge of UWF's past.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Like the Slammy Awards in UCW? I'd say it's worth doing, just as long as the Award nominations are done by those who have an expansive knowledge of UWF's past.

We could put together a decent group of people who are here for a long time and actually know something about UWF so I don't see that as a problem.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah... hopefully that will work cause usually with the yearly awards... the most recent stuff winds up usually winning. So perhaps that could work where it isn't just the stuff in the past month or two that wins but it is more of an array.

Aniking

Reaction score
I actually think it should be one person that does it, but that's if it goes ahead. I don't think every UWF member should be able to vote, and I know that sounds a little harsh. The thing is if we want them to be done correctly then some of the newer guys may have to miss out due to the fact they won't have any knowledge of alot of past events. Also, if there's a group of us that set the nominations, we're going to add choices we all think deserve to win, meaning there could be a little bias from everyone involved. It'd also add a little more excitement if everybody is in the dark.

So that would basically mean the new guys have no chance of winning anything?

Pretty much, yeah, but that's not to say you won't. You're not a new guy.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I def haven't been here since day one. Its just one of those things that tends to happen with yearly things that the winners "always" seems to be what ever just recently happened and that would eliminate that so there could be a mixture of the new and older stuff instead of what was just recently inserted in the mind.

But yeah day one people... pfft... :p I came in like halfway through last year :)