UWF 2012: Interactive History

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who is Raw's Superstar of The Month?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lewb

Reaction score
Re: The LUCKY UWF Meltzer Report

You got some powerful sperm man......

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

They don't call me Lucky Dick for nothing.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

No but some donations of Credits would be nice. 8D

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Chillin with Chase: Chris Dredsen

History of Dredsen

UWF discussion with Dredsen

Two delicious parts for you guys! First part is sort of the history with Dredsen how he got started, but I know many people bitch, and bitch about history dunno why. So the second link is all about UWF. There could be a third part if Dredson is down to do so, because really there was a lot more he wanted to talk about. My boy Cwalker needs to hit me up so we can do it soon bud. Going to be an awesome listen so have fun.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
Re: Chillin with Chase: Chris Dredsen

Just got through listening to the podcast and it was honestly my favorite edition thus far. A lot of issues raised about me about the way sometimes I carry myself and post like I'm a mark for my own guys and, in a way I am because I have fun playing Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder, but I really don't mean to come off like I'm superior. Honestly, every match I TT for I really think I'm gonna lose and I get surprised when I win. I don't think I'm above anyone. Ask anyone who knows me in real life and they'll tell you I'm kind of an insecure person. I understand what Chase and Dres are talking about though. Chase, if I rub you the wrong way, that's my bad. The mark posts will cease from this point forward. I don't want to cause waves around here. I just want to have fun and make some cool friends.

But, anyways, great podcast as usual. I have shit I gotta work on and I hope to sometime upgrade from good to great.

Hoov out!

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats

I liked the first episode, but it was all about UCW. LOL fun episodes, it went from less than an hour to an 1 30 and now over two hours, I did my episode too early lulz with all the remembering of old feuds i couldn't help but remember the teaser feuds we almost had with Austin/Swagger and then with Hassan/Kane. Still think those would of been a lot of fun, this podcast reminded me of a lot of things actually like now there's going to be no dose and now chillin for a while sadface, but I understand why so I impart to you Mr. Chase my best wishes in your future enlightenment. And to answer your questions I'm using the spinner just because it was the one set up in title history before the smoking skull so I had to keep continuity. Need I remind you that Cody Rhodes was the man who brought back the classic intercontinental title, so that is always an option should it be allowed.

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score

Listening to some stuff from this, been chatting to Dresden for a bit about the stuff.

But for the WHC title match at Vengeance, I wrote that in 2 hours without too much thought about it, much like Halloween Havok at the moment, I've been desperately focusing on getting the shows up on time. SBS book the match, told me the details, I wrote some of it, he wrote some it lol. Yeah, it was a messy thing, typically, whenever I write stff and it seems out of swing, typically it's a rush job.

LK's idea for the Undertaker thing too, and I'm not all giddity fyi... I'm the mad genius.

The favourism part is a lot of bullshit though, Jay lost simple ^_^.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango

Finally listened to both parts of the podcast. This was another great episode. I'm the one who plays Johnny Curtis, Derrick Bateman and Maxine lol. I play them for shits and giggles much like Chase plays his Rey but it just so happens his is excellent and is now our World's Champion. It's a nice contrast to my Dean Ambrose. All I really do is make references. They can lose every match but I'm still happy playing them. Glad to hear Hoov try and not be a mark for himself. I can kind of agree with you guys when you say some people think they are better than they are but I think we all have egos. Also I agree about the whole early commenting. I don't like it when a show goes up and within the first 20 minutes someone posts " great show guys!" When it's clear they haven't read it all.

Ozymandias

Reaction score

As I'm one of the new guys this is the first one of these I've listened to, and I must say I really enjoyed it. By the very nature of forums, it's very difficult to get a real idea of what someone is like going on just how and what they post. It's often misleading, both intentionally and unintentionally and you can end up disliking someone for a 3 line post, which is kinda crazy when you think about it. I could have read posts by Dredsen and Chase for the next year and probably still not as good as insight into what they were all about as I did listening to them talk back and forth for a couple of hours, so for that alone this was great.

Second thing I liked about it - and it again relates to forum posts - is that much of what was said had the potential to be really controversial. If a couple of these points had been condensed into a 3 or 4 line post and put on a thread it could easily have caused arguments and friction, but because people heard it in context, and in the way it was intended to be meant (i.e. constructive and honest) people take the criticism a lot better. I think the replies on this thread are a testament to that.

Lastly, as a new guy, and as someone returning to e-fedding after a long time away AND as someone who came from an RP background as opposed to TTing, it was really interesting to hear what two of the experienced members thought made a good TT. Now I'm not saying I'm taking Dredsen and Chase's opinions as gospel, but as someone who is relatively new to the whole concept it'd be crazy not to take on board some of what they said and to think about it the next time I'm TTing. So again, that was really helpful.

All in all a great podcast, looking forward to the next one

Last edited:

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily

heh well... things are finally slowing down in my neck of the woods... got only a few things to take care of and I'll be lookin to listenin to both of these :D

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2

UWF Smackdown NOW presents: Halloween Havok!

I skipped most of the Brawler/Sky stuff, IDK but something about a man who is like 60 hitting on Velvet just isn't entertaining to me, only 2 old people that hit on females and make it work are Flair and Vince. But I guess theirs a reason why i was hired so with that second read i still don't care but i'm looking forward to this mystery Woman.

UWF European Championship: Jeff Jarrett vs. Big Show
For like 3/4 of the match Show was dominant, to me it felt more like an extended TV squash match. But Jarrett played the role of the opportunitiest well, every time show made a mistake he would be all over him. The only thing i don't get what Jarrett using the guitar to hit flair. Shouldn't that be a auto DQ?. **1/2 Pretty Solid stuff here nothing special.

Pretty good promo from the UWF Tag Team Champions, Sandow use of big words to get heat was great.
Dolph's pomo started off well but then it just kept going, don't get me wrong i love the guy but you could of cut it down and it still would of had the same impact. Plus how man times did he say I, Jesus I didn't know if I was playing a secret shot game or if his gimmick is the "I" man.

Dolph Ziggler vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Bray Wyatt
I liked that Wyatt used the smart heel tactic early on, even if it has been done a million times by now. As for the match it was okay but it seemed like they had their mindset of doing the 2 men in the ring other gets thrown out though out instead of going balls-to-the-walls like i would of hoped. The SWERVE ending was cool though mainly to get over the bad Luck RVD is having. **3/4 - ***

The Bath & Body Works store segment was pretty hilarious.

Chair Match: Brooklyn Brawler vs. Batista
The start of the match was funny with Dave trip over the top rope down to the outside onto his face on the outside. Dave's comedy in this match is boarder line AMAZING. I love how Batista just got up after getting this so called "sickening chair shot" This match had a nice ending but it just wasn't entertaining or any good. Dave looked kinda weak and looked like an idiot if he couldn't outsmart the Brawler. ** Should of been alot better if it's a blowoff match or even a number one contenders match.

Sandow and the Employee could of been alot better.

This Edge and Victoria duo could be alot of fun, and Jeff just cut the greatest promo of his life good stuff.

I Quit Barbed Wire Match: Dean Ambrose vs. Raven
Before i get to the match i must say Ambrose's theme music is phenomenal. Ravens is dope is well it's got that dark and demented feel to it, really fits the gimmick. This match was total blood bath, just so brutal and violent. I thought it was pretty funny that they wouldn't let the ref ask the fallen wrestler if he wanted to quit. Just to give us a ref bump me personally if i knew i wanted the other wrestler to quit when i feel it was ready i would of struck the ref before the match to ensure the ref doesn't get in my way until the finish, Okay back to the match. I really liked the intensity here with every shot each wrestler would take is would somehow give them that sick pleasure. But my only problem with that is the chuckles every time something sick would happen the wrestler would chuckle, sure it's part of the sicko gimmick but after a while it gets to be annoying. The ending had some AWESOME drama just to give us the NO Contest ending, I'm not a fan of it but it does give us hopes that this feud will continue and it also kept both guys looking strong more importantly. ***3/4 - **** Would of been a ****+ if we would of had a decisive finish.

YES Continue to steal the show.

Pope/Dave's backstage locker room promo did the job of getting the trade over and talking about his title show on the next Raw show.

World Tag Team Championships: Jeff Hardy & Edge vs. YES! (Daniel Bryan & Damien Sandow)
You would think being a tag team and part of a stable together the champs would come out together and have a theme for that stable 8D. Pretty good tag formula match with YES! being in control using heel tactics to get by. This was pretty solid but had a hot finishing stretch after the hot tag, you could see the Hardy/Edge misscommunication coming a mile away mainly cause it's done so many times now day and is always a sign that things are coming to an end. Other then that this was good YES! continue to be those cheating heel bastards that fans hate. ***1/2 - ***3/4 Heel turn after the match was great as well.

World Heavyweight Championship: Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena
Rey's pre-match promo was funny and not in a good way. This was a damn good back and fourth match which had a ton on innovated near falls and counters. Mysterio out wrestling Cena early was good, really changing his game plan to piss Cena off was smart also knowing his speed will only get him so far in the early stages, but as soon as he worn him down he goes back to his bread and butter offense. The ending was smartly booked making Mysterio look like a god for kicking out which makes Cena question himself and allows Rey to regroup and come up with the perfect counter to the STF!. **** Really physical and godly.

7/10 For the PPV.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.