UFC 148: Silva vs. Sonnen II

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
181835_10151038878846276_2123434422_n.jpg

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Heh well my suck manager didn't approve my day off yet so I'ma have to hunt her down tomorrow and make sure I get my days approved. I AM seein this fight.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I still have to request the day off, actually. This show is going to be awesome, biggest card of 2012 so far.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I find it weird that a fortnight away from this, there hasn't been any mass promotion of this fight.

It sells itself, I know, but there hasn't been any major media interviews with Sonnen for a while now.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I've noticed this as well, the fight is next weekend so we should start seeing some stuff come out. UFC Primetime is supposed to be starting sometime next week for this fight as well, that's going to be pretty awesome.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Not sure if this is new but:

mmajunkie said:
The Anderson Silva that dialed in for a media call promoting UFC 148 was different than any heard before.

The alternately polite, dismissive and non-communicative UFC middleweight champion was replaced by a guy who breathed fire for his opponent, Chael Sonnen, before leaving early, the smoke still clearing on his words.

"First of all, Chael is a criminal," Silva (31-4 MMA, 14-0 UFC) said through translator and manager Ed Soares. "He's been convicted of crimes. He doesn't deserve to be inside the octagon. And when the time comes and the time is right, I'm going to break his face and break every one of his teeth in his mouth."

But it didn't end there – it went on and on. Every mention of Sonnen (27-11-1 MMA, 6-4 UFC), who also participated on the call, brought forth a new stream of vitriol from Silva.

"People who live in the past, and things that are in the past, are in museums," Silva said about his past performance against Sonnen, which took place at UFC 117 and ended in a come-from-behind, fifth-round submission victory for the champ. "Right now, I'm focused on what's going to happen in the next few weeks, and right now, playtime is over.

"I'm going to beat Chael like he's never been beaten before. The joke is over. There's no more talking. I know he's on the line listening, and the game is over. I'm going to beat his ass out of the UFC. He's never going to want to fight again after I'm done with him."

Silva and Sonnen headline UFC 148, which takes place July 7 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Main-card bouts air live on pay-per-view following prelims on FX.

Silva reportedly balked at fighting Sonnen a second time when a rematch was proposed and was enraged over comments the onetime middleweight challenger gave that disparaged his wife and his native country of Brazil. Today, that rage boiled over and surprised not only Silva's camp, who told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) that the fighter, who was taking today's call while in Brazil, stormed away after his connection to the teleconference dropped, but also UFC president Dana White.

"I've promoted every Anderson Silva fight since he's been in the UFC, and I've never heard him talk even remotely like this," White said. "He usually doesn't say anything negative (or) disrespectful. I've never heard Anderson Silva talk like this."

White ended the teleconference less than 30 minutes after it began when Sonnen suddenly disconnected from the call. Before his exit, the onetime middleweight challenger called Silva an "amateur" and referenced the well-known barb – one of many delivered before and since the first fight – that stoked Silva's rage.

"Tell him I've got two words for him: Medium. Rare," Sonnen said, a quip referencing an interview in which he said he wanted Silva's wife to make him a steak.

Silva and Sonnen's first fight at UFC 117 was widely considered to be one of the best fights of the year and a defining performance for Silva, who was taken down and pounded on by Sonnen for more than four rounds before cinching a triangle choke/armbar that forced Sonnen to tap.

White said the rematch, which has been delayed for two years by, among other things, a six-month suspension served by Sonnen for elevated testosterone levels following UFC 117, is expected to generate pay-per-view numbers that rival UFC 100. That event garnered a reported 1.6 million PPV "buys."

"It doesn't matter if I'm on the bottom, the side, the top – it doesn't matter," Silva said when asked how he would avoid taking the damage he took in the first fight. "Chael Sonnen's going to get his ass kicked like he's never gotten his ass kicked before. What I'm going to do inside the octagon is something that's going to change the image of the sport. I'm going to beat his ass like he's never been beaten before. I'm going to make sure that every one of his teeth are broken, his arms are broken, (and) his legs are broke. He's not going to be able to walk out of the octagon by himself. I can guarantee that.

"And I know that he's listening, so the game's over. No more [expletive]-talking. It's on now."

Despite his come-from-behind win at UFC 117, Silva, who is ranked as the No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter in the sport, said he would make Sonnen pay for two years of trash talk.

"I"m going to make him eat everything that he's said, not only about myself, but about our country (and) about everything," he said. "I'm going to make him pay and make sure he never disrespects any fighter. Not only Brazilian, but any fighter. I'm going to beat him maybe the way his parents should have beat him to teach him some manners. Because he's disrespectful, he's a criminal, and I'm going to beat him up like he's never been beat before. He can say whatever he wants, but I'm not playing any more."

If Sonnen wins, Silva is gonna cop it so bad from Sonnen. But man, Silva sounds so pissed and this fight is gonna be brutal. If he fights mad, he is gonna screw himself. Sonnen is winning the head games here.

edit: oh my bad, I just seen the thread then with this news. I just thought since it wasn't in here it hadn't been posted.

Last edited:

Dademo

Reaction score
Funny. Anderson's not usually the one who talks shit but his shit talk is actually getting me excited for this fight as opposed to Sonnen's.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's what Sonnen had to say on UFC tonight in response to Silva.

"Well it was nice to see the real Anderson Silva come through. Ya know, the guy's a dirtbag, like I've told you for years. He made a lot of statements like, he's gonna break my teeth, he's gonna break my jaw and beak my skull. Ya know, I've fought 49 men. It's not as if I've never been to the orthodontist before, or my jaw reset or my scalp stapled shut in the ER. There's a couple things he didn't say he was gonna do, starting with beating me, starting with breaking my spirit and leaving with the victory, cuz he's not. Go ahead. Take the the teeth, take the jaw, take the staples in the head, whatever other crap he's gonna do. We're in the a fistfight in a steel cage on a Saturday night, anyway. I kind of expect it. I think he was one off from saying, 'I'm gonna give you a knuckle sandwich.' I'm kinda sitting there thinking, 'Well, duh. We're in the middle of a cage fight, dummy!'"

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Here's the call:

[video=youtube;LqXTtixYQMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqXTtixYQMc[/video]

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Sonnen is going down. We're gonna see a very prime and crisp Anderson Silva. And when you have a Silva like that... there is nobody better. And the thing about that rage... its focus. Its focused rage which is gonna be bad news for Sonnen.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
The only way Anderson wins this is if Chael decides to take it next level and curb stomps the teeth out his head and gets DQ'd.

Get ready for the rubber match because its about to be 1-1.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Silva is the best fighter out there. Sonnen can outwrestle him... but Silva has him beat in every other category... it is gonna be messy for Sonnen. he isn't walking out the winner.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[video=youtube;KpxQQOcknH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpxQQOcknH0&feature=player_embedded#![/video]