UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Here's Overeem's Official Statement

I am deeply saddened to announce that on Friday, April 20, I respectfully withdrew from the May 26 event so that I can request a continuance until my situation with the Nevada State Athletic Commission is resolved.

I cannot express how sorry I am to the Commission, Junior Dos Santos, the fans, the owners and employees of the UFC, my friends and family and anyone else who this has affected.

I absolutely do not believe in, nor do I use performance-enhancing drugs. I am a clean fighter and I will do whatever it takes to prove this to everyone.

Prior to the UFC 146 press conference in March, I aggravated an old rib injury on my left side. My doctor prescribed, and I accepted, an anti-inflammatory medication that was mixed with testosterone. I was completely unaware that testosterone was one of the ingredients in the medication. Although I was unaware, I do realize it is my job to know what I am putting into my body.

I respect the Nevada Commissioners and Executive Director Keith Kizer and what they are doing to keep the sport of mixed martial arts regulated and safe for athletes. I look forward to working with them in the days and weeks ahead.

Friends and fans, I ask for your patience as I work through this matter. Please support me. I promise to return to the Octagon soon.

Using the old "didn't know what was in my medicine excuse" Nice.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
:lol:

Methinks he needs some new lawyers, because that excuse is way too see-through.

What medicine do you take that raises yr testosterone 13x the normal level :lol:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
:lmao

That's the excuse he told Dana too, and even he was like yea fucking right dude and then he pulled Overeem from the fight. No way that excuse is going to get past the athletic commission.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
That excuse sure worked for people like Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens didn't it?

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Well at least he didn't say that it was the meat he ate that had it.

Ryan

Reaction score
I'm a little upset I won't be seeing JDS vs. Overeem since I really think Overeem could have won but I'm a huge Frank Mir fan even though I know he isn't the best. I want to see him win this one or at least going in looking in top shape and putting up a great fight. He's definitely capable.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
OKAY.

The Final card for UFC 146

Dos Santos vs Frank Mir
Big foot Silva vs. Cain Velasquez
Roy Nelson vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Mark Hunt vs Stefan Struve

Shane Del Rosario gets bumped from the card for now, unless they bring in Mitirone or something. But anyways, Gonzaga jumps up and now faces ROY

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Still pumped as hell for this card even though I don't know much about a few of these guys.

How can you go wrong with a bunch of heavyweights sluggin' it out?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well it didn't take long but Del Roasario got a new opponent as well to finish off the 5 fight main card full of heavyweights,

Shane Del Rosario vs. Stipe Miocic has been confirmed for this card. Everything is all set with it now, can't fucking wait.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Bigfoot v Cain will be a horrible fight.

The rest is great though.

Get to see Hunt decapitiate Struve :winning:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
If Big Foot Wins though, where the hell does that put Cain Velasquez. I can understand a lose to Junor Dos Santos, but i thin this is a very winnable fight for him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
If Big Foot Wins though, where the hell does that put Cain Velasquez. I can understand a lose to Junor Dos Santos, but i thin this is a very winnable fight for him.
Maybe Werdum? Or Hunt if he wins as he'll be riding a 5 fight streak but would be a big step up for him?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I actually think win or lose, he's going to have to fight either one of those guys. And i think I'd take Werdum over Velasquez.

I really wish this card was sooner, It's going to be a crazy fucking show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
UFC haven't done too badly out of a bad situation.

Cain vs. Bigfoot is a good option and will be a good way for Cain to get back on track or it will be a fantastic way for Bigfoot to start his UFC career. Gonzaga must be loving that he is back with UFC and has made it back onto a maincard already. Nelson really does need to get this win and Gonzaga has nothing to lose so it should produce a good fight. I am still torn with Hunt and Struve, Struve is one of my favourites but you can't not like Hunt. Hopefully it ends up being a great fight either way.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[video=youtube;0htMlq9k6ng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0htMlq9k6ng&feature=g-all-u[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.