UFC 146: Dos Santos vs. Mir

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Also thought I'd mention that all the Fighters who showed up for the press conference today were thrown a surprise drug test once the conference was over.

:lol:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Overeem wasn't there was he?

How convenient......

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
:lol: nah he was their, Gonzaga and Del Rosario weren't at the conference and were supposed to be i guess.

Also just noticed all the former Strikeforce guys on this card, which is cool. Reem, Bigfoot and Del Rosario. Only think Del Rosario will pull off the win out of the bunch of them though.

And :lmao Dan Hardy's fight got bumped from television right to the Facebook Prelims and it had started as the co-main event of the show when the card was first announced (Before they made it an entire heavyweight card)

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Seth Baczynski (15-6 MMA, 2-1 UFC) today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMAjunkie.com Radio | MMAjunkie.com) he's agreed to fight fellow welterweight Lance Benoist (6-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at the event.

UFC officials haven't formally announced the bout, which takes place June 8.

No host city or venue are set for the event, which is part of the Harley-Davidson Hometown Throwdown promotion, in which fight fans vote on the location. Regardless, the event's main card airs on FX, and FUEL TV and Facebook are expected to carry the prelims.

It's not clear where Baczynski vs. Benoist will end up on the lineup.

Baczynski was a cast member on "The Ultimate Fighter 11" who was released after a loss to Brad Tavares on the undercard of the show's live finale in 2010. However, he fought his way back into the promotion, and since his arrival, he's picked up UFC victories over Clay Harvison and Matt Brown, both via submission. The Arizona-based fighter and IFL vet now has a four-fight win streak and has won five of his past six.

His newest opponent, Benoist, also has been on a roll. The Missourian made his UFC debut in September and picked up a unanimous-decision victory over Matt Riddle, which earned him a $55,000 "Fight of the Night" bonus. The two-year pro is now 6-0 with five stoppage victories, but he now returns to the cage after a nine-month layoff from competition.
I've gotta go with Seth on this one. Benoist had an amazing debut against Riddle, but Riddle isn't nearly as seasoned an opponent as Baczynski.

Damn this card also has a shit ton of Welterweight fights on it, minus the main event which is the Flyweight fight.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Moving to the prelims is what Hardy deserves. He has lost so many times that fans only want to watch him to see him get KOd. Hopefully this will be it for him.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not a fan of this Flyweight division so already the mainevent is putting me off this card. I still can't understand why UFC keep adding more and more smaller divisions, what is the point in having 4 divisions covered by 30 pounds?

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Jason ‘Mayhem’ Miller makes no excuses for his poor performance against Michael Bisping at the Ultimate Fighter 14 finale, but he’s certainly ratcheting up the pressure for his next fight against C.B. Dollaway at UFC 146.

Miller appeared on Spike TV’s MMA Uncensored Live on Thursday night where he addressed the fight, and it doesn’t sound like he’s giving Dollaway much of a chance when they square off in May.

“No, he doesn’t deserve to be in there with me, and I’ll prove it,” Miller said about Dollaway. “I’ll prove it in under a round cause we see I tend to get tired in the second round.”

Following the loss to Bisping in December, there was speculation that the UFC may not even keep the colorful and brash former host of MTV’s Bully Beatdown for another fight, but the powers that be opted to give him at least one more shot in the Octagon.

That shot comes against former Ultimate Fighter finalist C.B. Dollaway, who returns to action after having hip surgery to close out 2011.

It would seem that both fighters are in do or die situations with Dollaway coming back from two straight losses, while Miller needs to rebound from his abhorrent performance against Bisping last year.

“We’re both in a similar spot in our career I guess. We’re on the chopping block, and that’s fine, I’m really happy with that,” Miller stated.

Miller’s feelings about facing a fighter the caliber of Dollaway appear pretty clear, but if he should lose to the former Arizona State wrestler, he’s ready to call for the end of his own UFC career.

“I feel like it, I’m on my own chopping block. If I lose to him, I’m quitting. I quit. I don’t deserve to be in there,” said Miller.

His opinion is strong and his belief in his ability to beat Dollaway seems even stronger, but Miller knows beyond any boastful statement that any middleweight that’s in the UFC is going to be no easy test.

“There’s not a easy fight, there’s no easy fights whatsoever,” Miller stated.

With such a strong statement, Miller will now get the chance to back those words up when he faces Dollaway in May at UFC 146. The fight between the two middleweights will likely air on the UFC 146 prelims on FX.

Basically expecting him to get fired if he doesn't lose so it all works its self out.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
I agree that they have way to many divisions, but you should definitely try catching this fight between Johnson/McCall. First time they fought it was full of back and forth action at a high pace.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
UFC has been so irritating and boring it is not even funny. The cards are not interesting anymore and there is no reason anymore to watch this show except for main events. Anyways McCall and Johnson should be a good rematch, personally did not have McCall winning, he won one round too me anyways rest of the card meh.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Well yeah i can understand that, for me at least I've just been bored because they haven't had a show in what seems like forever :lol: luckily though the cards start getting really good soon.

Last edited:

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
[video=youtube;2mb5-F1ERVk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mb5-F1ERVk&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree that they have way to many divisions, but you should definitely try catching this fight between Johnson/McCall. First time they fought it was full of back and forth action at a high pace.

I will check it out to see what it was like but I don't really want this division to suceed because it is a waste of space.

UFC has been so irritating and boring it is not even funny. The cards are not interesting anymore and there is no reason anymore to watch this show except for main events. Anyways McCall and Johnson should be a good rematch, personally did not have McCall winning, he won one round too me anyways rest of the card meh.

They are running too many events now, although they aren't doing a good job of spreading them out, and because of this we are only getting a couple of quality fights per show. If they calmed down a bit on all the shows then they would be able to have better quality cards for all the shows.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
“I’ll prove it in under a round cause we see I tend to get tired in the second round.”

Found this funny from Miller, he admits that he gasses and so his gameplan is to finish it early.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Even though I'm a HUGE fan of MMA, and regardless of whether the fight is shit or not I'll watch, BUT i do agree that the UFC is running too many shows. I think the Fuel TV shows will end up getting scraped as they're the lowest rated ones of the bunch. I'd like to see them just run Fox shows (and PPVS Obviously), and keep all of the prelims on FX. Use Fuel TV for, the weekly news show, and all of the Best of UFC, and Best Of Pride programs.

The Fox deal is great and it's helping a lot more than when they were on Spike Tv, but there's a few things that need to be fixed before it can really excel.

They've got some really good looking cards coming up though, so we'll see. As it starts getting into Summer they usually put quality cards together.

Last edited:

Ryan

Reaction score
Miller has not won a single fight he's had with a main event level competitor. He lost against Edgar, then Maynard and then Bendo... he's pathetic. I've never liked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.