TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
I agree with SWA. It takes time for people to get into your shows but eventually they will get into it and start to review. It's tougher now then it was when I first started because there were only about 8 active BTB's but now there are so many that readers are just checking out which ones they enjoy reading before they bother to review. Just my take on the whole thing...

The Anigma

Reaction score
Reviews

Lately, I've noticed that close to every review inside of a BTB displays the following or something similar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Match: The main event

Worst Match: N/A

Best Segment: The opening one

Worst Segment: none

Additional comments: Great show, dude! Can't wait for your next post. Check out my BTB and leave a review, please!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I can't understand why this review is used on a daily basis in every BTB. You mean to tell me that every BTB's main event is the best and every BTB has the best opening segment and none of them have a "worst" segment. No way! If there's a best then there must be a worst, it's common sense. I also don't understand what the whole "Great show, dude..." comments help someone become a better booker/writer. The review template is supposed to be used to help bookers improve not feel satisfied with their work. I think that everyone should quit a) making up reviews and B) start expressing their opinion instead of worrying about hurting the bookers feelings or whatever. Start telling the truth in your reviews because in the end it will help the booker improve. Okay, I'm finished with this rant of whatever you want to call it. I just had to address the issue of reviewing that seems to be plaguing the BTB's here on IWF. I'm done now. Feel free to express your own opinion if you want to. By the way, I'm not directing this rant towards anyone in particular so don't think I'm singling anyone out. This rant is for the BTB section in general. We all need to start leaving better feedback for our fellow bookers so they can improve which is why I stepped up my reviewing. Alright, I'm done now.

xtremebadass

I agree with Anigma, due to the competitiveness of the BTB section now adays, you might not get reviews even if you show is great, it's just however the cookie crumbles, but damn there sure are alot more than when I first started...

The Anigma

Reaction score
It's been asked already and it can be done but whether or nt it works depends entirely on your creativity and writing abilities

Nick_2007

Reaction score
I never really got why that is even counted as a review. If that is all you put, then that isn't helping anybody. In my look, it's just spam, and i think it should be against the rules from now on to have a review like Anigma just put. I think A reviw should be like this.

Best Match-Had to be Cena vs Michales. That match has the best back and fourth action of the night, and kept me on the edge of my seat. I even wanted to scroll down to the end of the match to see who won!

Worst Match-Had to be Jimmy Wang Yang vs The Great Kahli. This was a squash match that i didn't enjoy.

Best Promo-When Triple H made fun of Mr. McMahon. That was so hilarious, and something that Triple H probably would have said in real life. Great promo here!

Worst Promo-I didn't think there was one, but maybe that is just my opinion.

Additional Comments-That was one great show! Maybe work on how you use (Such wrestler), cause in that match, he did some moves that he probably shouldn't have done. Improving is always better, and i hope i will see some in your next show!

^^I think that is a good review. All reviews should be like that and not just like Anigma put down.

The Ripper

Reaction score
BtB's are getting more like real life promotions were people will look at what they are popular with and read it all before giving reviews, then there are the new ones were people dont read that much but check it out to see if they like the product

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

a lot of us dont have the time to review every btb. we just have a quick look through for the enjoyment of it. if you see my name you then know i have read it briefly, but dont have time to review

TRI said:
I just have a question, is there a reason why most people aren't reading my shows? I review most people's work, and I get nothing but good praise from the people who do review my shows. Not trying to be cocky or anything, but I personally think that I'm definitely one of the best bookers on this site, but I don't feel that anyone actually takes the time to read my shows, bar a select few. I know I might come off sounding a bit like a jackass by saying this, but I just want to know.

and yes you did sound like a bit of a jackass :laugh:

Evil Austin

my btb history and future -

ok i have some things i want to get out.

When i first came here until now i have had no luck with btb's

I started with a btb from wwe - 2003 era which was helped by the Razar in the background work. lasted two shows from raw and smackdown after my good friend for many years danman contacted me to stop it and come to his one when he signs up ...

So i did. After a show each danaman contacted me he was leaving and i was getting pissed. I really had no where to run and i was going to start waw but nate 757 had contacted me in the shoutbox to get aim and to talk with him about a new btb "WWE vs ECW when extreme meets wrestling." This lasted about two weeks until I had contacted him saying i had things and reasons that i had to leave and he had cms as a partner now.

Once i had started WAW exactly two weeks ago. In two weeks i had posted. One dejavu ppv, 5 weekly shows, one tv special draft and a royal rumble in full it is alot and i had a plan to take a few days off of it and go to a simpsons btb which was a joke but it was going to be good it worked in other places before it got bashed when coming here. So i had came back to waw.

Recently I had gotten tired of waw and had no more rivalries or tricks or surprises up my sleeve to have on shows so i had taken down rosters and notes for a new btb. I had than gotten a few roster picks off of weebo and I am consistantly thinking to myself is waw worth it. What will happen to my status if i keep quiting. ? I have a good history in other threads in other forums going and as big as BTW or SWA no joke and just here i had bad luck with three partners and by myself which had an explosive start but i used all my tricks and i got no more stuff to post. SO IWF I YOUR THOUGHTS.

SO I HAVE DECIDED TO ASK YOU GUYS FOR YOUR OPINION HONESTLY IS WAW WORTH GOING WITH SERIOUSLY I MEAN WILL IT BE ONE DAY UP IN THE TOP BTB'S OR NO ? I WANT YOUR TRUTH AND NO BULL* I DON'T CARE IF YOU SAY WAW IS SHIT CAUSE I GOT ANOTHER BTB UP MY SLEEVE I JUST NOT SURE IF ANYONE WANTS ME TO CONTINUE WITH WAW. SO WHAT SHOULD I DO ? WAW OR NO ?

I am also leaving for a month in June but that is not for a while until than i need your honest choice is waw worth going with or no do u see it one day being big or just no ? I need to know from the people who review it.

PLEASE DON"T BE TOO MEAN BUT I NEED TO KNOW. THANKS

YOUR GOOD FRIEND DX_3:16

CT Styles

Any BTB has potential if you want it to. WAW is worth continuing if you are willing to have a red hot go. BTB's are pointless if you aren't gonna try. Keep WAW because ppl will get pissed off with u for having like 6 BTB's, give it a chance, have a go and one day it might become as big as BTW & SWA.

Evil Austin

Thanks for your comments. Ill Hear from more than one person like alot of people and Ill make a decision

wwerko619

Reaction score
Yea, dont throw it away. I think some people are already mad that you have made like 4 BTB's, so I dont see it going well with a 5th. So keep WAW, and you got to give it time...SWA that I know of started in September last year...if you keep WAW for a long time, then it will be a big hit.

The Rated R CMStar

Just stick with it man. Remember, it's not the quantity of reviews, it's the quality and the loyalty of the ones that do review it. Or would it be any better than having 2 or 3 reviews of people that actually read your whole show and leave feedback, or 6 or7 reviews telling you the ME was your best match, the opening or last promo your best and great show dude,check out mine.

I would just keep writting for the ones that do read it, and then just wait for more quality readers to come and check, and trust me, it will.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Yeah keep WAW going. It will become big. I think. BTW there is one reason that I don't read is because I don't like reading when a match has "has" when leading up to a move so yeah.

The Rated R CMStar

Stick with it. BTBs aren't made from one day to another. BTW is entering its 9month of existence, and it only became succesful on its 7-8, so you have to be persistent and just keep with it.