TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Do you guys think it's a competition to write the longest PPV? The longer it is, imo, the less people will review.

Just throwing in my opinion. I like to keep mine compact and well set-out so it's not the definition of bitch.

yeah, there's lots of PPV's that try to make things as long as they can. No offense, but one that comes to mind is Diesel's last PPV. It was nice as a PPV, but it seemed like you were just trying to make matches long instead of letting things flow. I guess that's why posting stuff in segments is helpful.

TRI

Reaction score
When I write my shows it isn't like I set a bar for myself on how many pages I want to end up with. I write the show, and if it end up with a lot of pages then so be it. I just took a look at Diesels last PPV, and the first though that came to my mind was how can you write a match that long without going completely insane. I looked at the word count, and it almost hit 16,000 words! Shit, I would go insane if I had to or even attempted to write something close to that long.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
:eek: Oh gosh guys you're hurting my feelings. At least drop a review if you're going to look at my pay per view so damn much :shifty:.

I agree with all you guys. Hell yeah my pay per view was long. IDK how seX Power, or Comic read it, but yeah. That was a long match, its not like supposed to be four pages you know.

But yeah, I don't over write in any other match really. I mean you guys tell me?

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
:eek: Oh gosh guys you're hurting my feelings. At least drop a review if you're going to look at my pay per view so damn much :shifty:.

I agree with all you guys. Hell yeah my pay per view was long. IDK how seX Power, or Comic read it, but yeah. That was a long match, its not like supposed to be four pages you know.

But yeah, I don't over write in any other match really. I mean you guys tell me?

http://www.impactwrestling.com/forum/showpost.php?p=390901&postcount=18

Chea. And what everyone else said about the Last Match was what I thought, so it was pointless to be redundant.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
I agree with TRI. I don't set a certain bar for myself, but once I really get into the match, it goes for really long. However, I have a rough idea before hand with how long I want my matches to be, but almost always they are longer than I expected them to be. I set a rough mark like every 5 minutes (15 minutes, 20 minutes etc.), and an example of this was when I was going for around a 15- 16 minute match with my favourite match as previously mentioned which was Londrick vs. the UKonnection, and it ended up being 20 minutes. Some of you may say that that is a pretty good estimate, but if you go by my PPV writing rules, which is 200 words per minute, thats a hell of a lot of words. The match itself ended up being 4000 words, and the total word count was 28, 230. Hopefully my Wrestlemania goes even further than this, hopefully I can get past the 100 page mark but still have an awesome quality.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
For weekly shows, I usually try to have most matches at one page, and a half at size 10 Times Roman font, then I have one match that exceeds most others on the mid card, and then the main event is probably two, and a half, or maybe three pages long. Those are averages, and what I usually get the whole match in.

Evil Austin

I usually have my weekly show matches about a page and a half or two for teh main event on Century Gothic size 10 font. Though it depends if there is a special one time only match or something though I do have also a rough idea on how it will go down.

I usually write one paragraph ending first and then from that work from the begining up into it. Sounds sort of strange but I like to have how it ends first. And work up to it.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
I write the matches from start to finish, I try to have a rough estimate of words but I am writing extended recaps. I ended up with more then I wanted for the opener of my new BTB that does not yet have a backstory.​

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I never tried to measure the lenght of my match, I just type it until I able to reach the ending. I mostly write longer matches in tag matches.

CT Styles

I'm not gonna read it if it's 100 pages unless I'm really interested in it. That's just too long; like a fucking novel.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

What you see when you read my matches is how they've flowed from my brain. I type it as I visualize it. I think that works better because it allows more creative freedom because you're not pigeonholed into going down one path.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
What you see when you read my matches is how they've flowed from my brain. I type it as I visualize it. I think that works better because it allows more creative freedom because you're not pigeonholed into going down one path.

yeah, it's not about word limits, it's about no limits! and it's impossible for me to write to a standard, it makes things too contrived.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
I've seen CMS's work so far and Wow! event the undercard matches were like a Main Event match. I'll try to read it during my free time. HHH vs. Brock Lesnar could be an outrageous match!