TT.Tiger tamer

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

The descriptions didn't really do anything, it's whether it's in character or not that matters and those were. So :y: to you.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I don't have the ammount of word per minute rule when I write - I don't put at the end of a match also "Winner John Cena at 10.20" I don't see a point in it. I just write until I feel it is time to end it that's about it.

Because part of booking would be booking the show to last the time that it is meant to. It's rather simple.

Evil Austin

Do you book for example a Raw show to exactly two hours to the dot and time in promo's and everything? don't think so, you have usually four matches, one main event match and promo's in between and have them go on for as long as they go.

Axis

But if you "have them go for as long as they go" and every one of your five matches is 20 minutes long, then you have a problem. Just like a for a regular booker, time management is important.

Evil Austin

What do you mean CT, do what? were you talking to me or Axis?

-- And to Axis, I don't have like 20 mins a match, what I do is I just have a normal ammount. I have usually two or three paragraphs and the Main Event is about four or five. I don't go overboard with it because for as much as I don't count the words, there is an obvious limmit.

Though I would like to point out that CMS doesn't follow that two hour rule because as much as his shows are good and I won't take that away from him. But if you actually saw a BTW show on TV and everything he wrote out was on the screen, it would be like three hours at least. With the size of all of his matches, there are barely any squash matches with him.

The Rated R CMStar

Ninja, most of my TV matches wouldn't last on TV more than 8 minutes. Compare the size of my TV matches with the size of my PPV matches and deducing that is rather simple. Besides, I am sure I have had 1 squash per show since Turning Point.

However, yes, I don't think most people actually go for reality making the show last 2 hours. I do for my shows 11-12 segments, since I read WWE has for their shows 9-10 and TNA does 10-11.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I usually shoot for nine segments tops. In a pay per view, I'll pull off like twelve. Then again, I've never written a full pay per view.

Moonlight Drive

My segments vary from 8-12, depending on what they are. If I have an 8 Man Tag which builds 4 feuds at once, I'll have less than if I had 4 singles matches in it's place.

And guys, just so you know, that's how I'm going to do promos from now on, and there will probably be a drastic change in my match-writing. I'm trying to break free of the monotony and conformity a lot of writers have.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Do you book for example a Raw show to exactly two hours to the dot and time in promo's and everything?

An actual RAW isn't even two hours. They'd usually go at least 5-10 minutes after, or 5-10 minutes before.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Do you book for example a Raw show to exactly two hours to the dot and time in promo's and everything? don't think so, you have usually four matches, one main event match and promo's in between and have them go on for as long as they go.

Ah, yeah I do. So don't say I DUN FINK SOOOO, cos you're wrong.

The Rated R CMStar

What's with all the hate BKB has been giving Ninja Star as of late?