Top 25 Games of the Next Generation (Wii, 360, PS3)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I got an odd feeling whenever I played New Super Mario Bros. for the Wii. I actually really liked it but it felt like they were trying to do so much with the technology that it hurt the gameplay of the game. Also, the multi-player was only fun when people knew how to play the game. Otherwise you had people jumping into those free up bubbles at wrong times and ending the level at that moment. I still much prefer the original side scrolling Mario games other than Yoshi Island which I felt was an insult Super Mario World. How couldn't you just make another World like that? Nope, you are a baby in a newer place and you just got to put up with it. It was like they were trying to find ways to use power ups, secrets and new technology over the actual level designs which is what most of the Mario games before thrived on. Easy gameplay and great level design.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Yoshi's Island isnt nearly as bad as Super Mario Sunshine. That FLUDD pack took away all the difficulty from Super Mario 64. Atleast I could mute the TV and Baby Mario didnt annoy me.

Also, Super Mario World did alot of the same things New Super Mario Bros. is doing. Bricks you could break by doing a spin jump, mounts(basially the new power ups in the game), secret exits, and all the other stuff I am forgetting from not having played it in a few years.

I do agree with you on the clusterfuck of multiplayer, out of all my friends I was only able to sit & play with one other person who didnt make me want to choke the living shit out of them for not knowing how to play a Mario game ffs. The other issue I had was why 2 toadstools? Cant have Wario & Waluigi working with Mario & Luigi? I have seen Bowser work with Mario(Super Mario RPG), so why not unify the Mario Bros. as the 4 playable characters.

Pete

Reaction score
THANK YOU. I'm not the only one who thinks Sunshine was dull as all hell. And they say Luigi's Mansion is bad...

And you could also break blocks via spin jump in Super Mario Land 2 for the Game Boy - perhaps THE most underrated Mario title in history.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
6 Golden Coins came out 2 years after Super Mario World, the spin jump was a new addition for World. Which was later replaced by the "hard landing" jumps(pressing down in mid-air). An interesting point, 6 Golden Coins was the first game to feature a power-up hat(Carrot=Bunny Ears), which became the standard for power-ups in Mario 64.

And in all honesty I would rather play Mario is Missing, or Mario's Time Machine than sit through 1 level of Sunshine, the only thing I liked about Sunshine was when Painted Mario would steal FLUDD, but even then those challenges were not half as hard as some of the mid game ones from 64.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I actually enjoyed playing 6 golden coins. I dunno how many times I beat it but it was a fun game.

AF.

Reaction score
I really missed out on some Mario goodness over the years. I only ever owned a SNES until I brought a Wii. Those are the only Nintendo consoles I've ever owned. I'm pretty sure we had a NES but I was too young to even remember that.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I kinda had fun playing Mario with people that didn't know how to play cause I'd throw them off the cliff if they got too annoying. But yeah it always depended. If I was looking to win then there were like one or two people I'd play with. If it was just for goofing off then the number opened up.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I was playing multiplayer to find the Secret Gold Coins in each level, as some of them its easier to just throw a player at the coin then pop his bubble and complete the level, than it is to figure out what you are supposed to do. I dont have time to teach 30+ year olds how to play a game they should have played more than 25 years ago. Honestly how hard is it to remember this one moves Mario, this one makes Mario jump, and this one throws fireballs & makes Mario run if I hold it down?

AF. atleast you have the Wii, $5 for NES, Sega Mastersystem, or Turbo Graphix 16 games, $8 for SNES & Genesis games(but you should really invest in a Classic Controller) and they do have some real gems in the Virtual Console. It was the selling point that made me want a Wii over the other consoles.

AF.

Reaction score
AF. atleast you have the Wii, $5 for NES, Sega Mastersystem, or Turbo Graphix 16 games, $8 for SNES & Genesis games(but you should really invest in a Classic Controller) and they do have some real gems in the Virtual Console. It was the selling point that made me want a Wii over the other consoles.

It may sound weird but unless a game gets a HD remake I probably couldn't go back and play games older than the PS2. I've become too accustom to the gorgeous graphics of today. Plus the fact that I am growing older and I feel I'm slowly getting tired of gaming as my life gets busier and busier. I probably spend more time talking about them than I do playing them these days.

I've missed out on some good gaming experiences though, I must admit. Never owning a N64 still eats me up to this day. Although I did play classics like Goldeneye and Mario 64 when they were hot, I never owned them.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
That sounds like the people who refuse to watch a B&W movie. Personally I love my retro games, and by not playing games older than PS2 you might only be hurting yourself by missing out on some experiences that have never been dupicated since(an RPG fan would miss out on Suikoden 1 & 2 on the PS for example). But if you ever get the idea to try out an emulator, and would like to know some games from before then that are worth playing, send me a message so I know what genres, and I would be more than happy to help you out.

AF.

Reaction score
I'm trying to get into the MGS series but the story is too hard to wrap my head around. The controls are extremely hard too. I also had to Google how to save my game for MGS 2.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
All I know about MGS, is that at one point you need a second controller plugged in to beat one of the bosses. My friend just recently got the collection on 360, so I can always ask him.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
How do you justify fifa 13 being in this list when it's not out yet? CoD should be top, CoD4.

Ryan

Reaction score
I don't agree with any Halo game being on the list since I think Halo is garbage but they are a popular series. Definitely think RDR is a good choice for #1. I see a lot of people hate on RDR's storyline and I can't see why. That is hands down one of the best games I have ever played in terms of design and storyline. I probably would've include Forza 4 on the list since it's just an unbelievable racing game and I would've had SMG higher up. I also agree that COD 4 should be on the list. COD 4 was a complete deviation from the WWII storyline of every previous COD game and really started the COD online frenzy.

AF.

Reaction score
I don't agree with any Halo game being on the list since I think Halo is garbage but they are a popular series. Definitely think RDR is a good choice for #1. I see a lot of people hate on RDR's storyline and I can't see why. That is hands down one of the best games I have ever played in terms of design and storyline. I probably would've include Forza 4 on the list since it's just an unbelievable racing game and I would've had SMG higher up. I also agree that COD 4 should be on the list. COD 4 was a complete deviation from the WWII storyline of every previous COD game and really started the COD online frenzy.

A lot of people don't like Halo which is perfectly acceptable. The same way I am not a huge fan of games like Assasins Creed, Dark Souls and Deus Ex which receive a huge amount of praise.

No matter how much people try and taint the CoD series they do offer a fun, competitive, enjoyable game. CoD 4 was awesome and even though I was a little late to the party, the online was still enjoyable years after the game was released. I think most people definitely would include CoD 4 on their lists. I remember playing Forza 2 and liking it. I must get into a good racing game and Forza seems to be the one with that keeps getting better and is widely regarded as the best next-gen racer.

How do you justify fifa 13 being in this list when it's not out yet? CoD should be top, CoD4.

Type-O.

All I know about MGS, is that at one point you need a second controller plugged in to beat one of the bosses. My friend just recently got the collection on 360, so I can always ask him.

I had to input some code that would allow me to save the game. That pissed me off.