Top 25 Games of the Next Generation (Wii, 360, PS3)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AF.

Reaction score
I'm bored and I'm kinda in a mood to make a list. This is including Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3. There are obviously games I haven't played, like Mario Galaxy 2, Metal Gear Solid 4 and games I haven't finished and ones I've only started like God of War 3 today. So this is my Top 25 games of the next generation of console gaming. Would like to see others lists aswell.

26. UFC Undisputed 3
25. Fallout New Vegas
24. Splinter Cell Conviction
23. Battlefield Bad Company 3
22. Assasins Creed Brotherhoood
21. Call of Duty 4
20. Mass Effect 2
19. Gears of War 2
18. Final Fantasy 13
17. Just Cause 2
16. GTA IV
15. LoZ Twilight Princess
14. Borderlands
13. Batman Arkham Asylum
12. FIFA 13
11. Uncharted 2
10. Halo Reach
9. Super Mario Galaxy
8. Gears of War 3
7. BioShock
6. Fallout 3
5. NBA 2k11
4. Skyrim
3. Mass Effect 1
2. Batman Arkham City
1. Red Dead Redemption

Honorable Mentions: Blur, Mass Effect 3, Max Payne 3, Left For Dead 2, Super Smash Bros. Brawl

I think that's the list I'm going to go with right now. I was never able to get into a few games that others may have on their lists like the newest Zelda title, Assasins Creed 2, The Orange Box and so on. I thought about putting inFamous 2 on the list, but after a few hours of playing the game I got extremely bored of it. Decided to include sequels aswell, IMO Mass Effect 1 blows the rest of the series out of the water. Interested to see some other lists and some thoughts on mine.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Forgetting Halo 3 therefore I dislike this list.

Pete

Reaction score
FIFA 11 was pretty good, but I played it on PC.

Absolutely cannot be bothered with modern gaming. As in, in the last decade, there have been maybe 10 games which have interested me, and that is already stretching it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
SM Galaxy is the only Wii title on this list? New SMB Wii was better than Galaxy 1, and personally I thought Borderlands was slightly more enjoyable than Batman AA, mainly from the fun that can be had in couch co-op. I am not going to comment about the majority of the games being FPS, as I dont play ones that dont have a strong RPG element to them, like Borderlands, Fallout etc.

Heres my list, and I will not have any PS3 titles, as I am working on getting one by the end of Sept.

25. Rock Band 3(Xbox 360-without RBN this game would not be as good)
24. Super Smash Bros. (Wii, cant be bothered to look for the subtitle)
23. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning(360)
22. Elder Scrolls: Oblivion(360)
21. LoZ:Twilight Princess(Wii)
20. Batman:Brave & the Bold(Wii)
19. Shadow Complex(XBLA)
18. Mario Galaxy(Wii)
17. Batman: Arkham Asylum(360)
16. Civilization Revolution(360)
15. Borderlands(360)
14. Fallout 3(360)
13. The Walking Dead(XBLA)
12. Fallout New Vegas(360)
11. Warhammer: Battlemarch(360)
10. Blood Bowl(360, but is much better on PC)
09. Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine(360)
08. Mass Effect(360)
07. Red Dead Redemption(360)
06. RDR: Undead Nightmare(360)
05. New Super Mario Bros. Wii(Wii)
04. Batman: Arkham City(360)
03. Final Fantasy 13(360)
02. Lost Odyssey(360)
01. Elder Scrolls:Skyrim(360)

AF.

Reaction score
Forgetting Halo 3 therefore I dislike this list.

I never brought Halo 3. I have every other Halo game except it. I played through the Single Player maybe 3-4 years back and practically beat it in one night. I remember spending a huge amount of time on Reach. I just think Reach is the better game although they're both so similar.

But thanks for your opinion.

SM Galaxy is the only Wii title on this list? New SMB Wii was better than Galaxy 1, and personally I thought Borderlands was slightly more enjoyable than Batman AA, mainly from the fun that can be had in couch co-op. I am not going to comment about the majority of the games being FPS, as I dont play ones that dont have a strong RPG element to them, like Borderlands, Fallout etc.

I was considering putting Zelda Twilight Princess into my list but I don't think many consider it a next gen title as it was on the GameCube. I would probably put that in about 11-12 if it were a Wii only title.

I barely ever played my Wii. I own maybe 6 games and I haven't played the console for nearly 2 years. The games aren't really fresh in my memory besides Galaxy and a couple others.

Last edited:

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I know the feeling, after Batman Brave & the Bold was released, and beat, my Wii has basically been a paperweight, except for playing the Virtual Console, which is nowhere near as good once I got my N5 chip for the DS, with single player experiences anyway. But I do enjoy the exclussives Nintendo puts out, even if it is only a handful of really well done games.

AF.

Reaction score
So is Undead Nightmare better than RDR itself? I remember playing UN and not really enjoying it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I got into it a bit more than RDR, and I really enjoyed the fact that it felt like a zombie survival story, rather than a run & gun zombie game like Left 4 Dead, or the latest Resident Evil games.

For my ranking, it came down to the fact that I enjoyed UN just that much more.

AF.

Reaction score
Yeah. I might include LoZ Twilight Princess into my list because it really is a next gen game. I guess my list is now a Top 26.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Seeing that the New Super Mario Bros. Wii wasn't on the list was like... wow... bad. That game is freakin fun. I mean with one player its pretty good but with more than one... heh talkin bout a party. I'd even include Mario Kart Wii cause that was pretty nice too.

AF.

Reaction score
I haven't played it.

Pete

Reaction score
I may be dumb, but isn't New SMB Wii just a repackaging of the old NES games? That's what New SMB was on GBA. If so, OF COURSE it's fun! It's a friggin' retro game!

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
New Super Mario Bros, & New Super Mario Bros. Wii may have the similair 2-D Sidescroller gameplay of the Super Mario Bros.->Super Mario World, but they have their own levels, power-ups, and in the case of Wii, 4 player simultanius play.

They are not ports of old games. They are not some retro remix. They are their own games.

Honestly though, if you are looking for Wii games that are fun.

Resident Evil 4, I know its been on 2 other consoles, but the motion controls make the game slightly better, as it draws you into the game.
Metroid Prime 3
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Mario Kart Wii
Batman: Brave & the Bold
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn(TBS in the vein of Final Fantasy Tactics, but when a character dies, hes dead!)
House of the Dead 2&3(same disc)
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles
Xenoblade Chronicles(3rd instalment of the Xenogears/Xenosaga RPG)
Tetsunoko vs. Capcom

All of the mentioned games I got over a week of play out of, which is saying alot for the Wii. I miss the days of these dark, loud, & crowded places called Arcades, so there are some On-Rail shooters, and tournament fighters in the list.

Dademo

Reaction score
Don't have a big list.. but Cod 4, GTA IV and Fallout 3 are in my top 8 I'd say. Skyrim is the best game this generation though.