Today in WWE History

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Today in WWE History!!! WRESTLEMANIA X7!! a very great Wrestlemania with a very great card with Austin vs Rock as the Main Event, we also saw the first of three matches between Undertaker and Triple H, an AWESOME TLC Match with the The Dudley Boyz, Hardy Boyz, and Edge and Christian facing each other. I think it was a great PPV one of the last few great Wrestlemania's in my personal opinion.

So what's everyone think of Wrestlemania X7?
WrestleMania X-Seven is my personal favorite WM of all time. The Rock/Austin main event is nearly flawless.

You can't beat having having the Hardy Boyz, Dudley Boyz and E & C pulling out all the stops in TLC either.

Reaction score
Wrestlemania 17 is the most overrated Wrestlemania. >_>

Just so much bad booking.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Today in WWE History, goes back to 2011 where Shawn was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame along with "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan, "Bullet" Bob Armstrong,
Sunny, Drew Carey, Abdullah the Butcher, The Road Warriors & Paul Ellering.

Pretty decent class, well besides Drew Carey :laugh: this was the class of Hall of Famers for the Wrestlemania weekend I went too(Didn't go to the hall of fame, wish I did but I didn't) but still a decent class i think. Some can put in a reason why some might not should be in but that's almost for every single class.

Reaction score
Meh, there's nothing wrong with Drew Carey being in the HOF.

Sorta a lackluster class seeing as a few of the guys were bigger elsewhere than the WWE. Looking back, I bet the WWE wished they wouldn't have inducted Sunny.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Meh, there's nothing wrong with Drew Carey being in the HOF.

Sorta a lackluster class seeing as a few of the guys were bigger elsewhere than the WWE. Looking back, I bet the WWE wished they wouldn't have inducted Sunny.

What has Drew done in WWE? Let along wrestling to deserve to be in the Hall? Only had one thing to do with wrestling, honestly too me that's worst then anyone who's not been in WWE much or at all being in the Hall of Fame cause at least they did something with wrestling, Drew here did one Royal Rumble and never anything else even in another company, kind of a spit in the face of any one who deserves to be in just the celebrity wing alone. Why not Mr. T? Cyndi Lauper? At least this year's is someone who did a bit of stuff with the WWE.

Anyway I got one of mine own for March 3rd.

Edge has his very last match fighting and defending his World Title against Alberto Del Rio. Knowing that I seen Edge's last match in person is a memory that will live on forever. Edge was a great performer who started out as one of the best tag team wrestlers of the 90's and growing into one of the top main eventers in WWE, he truly didn't get as great of a push as he deserved only having short runs with the title each time he had got it. Truly sad looking back knowing that Edge will never be able to compete again but at the same time good that they saw he wouldn't be able to or he could be way worst right now if not dead.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
In all honesty, Vince McMahon's limo driver is in the HoF, which pretty much shows how prestigious it is.

Reaction score
What has Drew done in WWE? Let along wrestling to deserve to be in the Hall? Only had one thing to do with wrestling, honestly too me that's worst then anyone who's not been in WWE much or at all being in the Hall of Fame cause at least they did something with wrestling, Drew here did one Royal Rumble and never anything else even in another company, kind of a spit in the face of any one who deserves to be in just the celebrity wing alone. Why not Mr. T? Cyndi Lauper? At least this year's is someone who did a bit of stuff with the WWE.

It's the celebrity wing. Who cares? Those celeb spots just goes to guys that can bring a little outside attention to Wrestlemania.

The people to bitch about are guys like James Dudley and Koko B. Ware.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well maybe that's true :laugh: but now we need to focus on today's which is Edge's last Match. If anyone else would like to mention the Hall of Fame thing go ahead, but please also talk about Edge's last match more then that. Thanks.

Reaction score
Match was completely unremarkable and the wrong guy went over.

/theend

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Match was completely unremarkable and the wrong guy went over.
A couple of things about this match...first, I'm pretty sure Edge didn't know it was going to be his last or he probably would have tried a little harder to make it memorable and second, do you think the idea was that he retain so he could move into a program with Christian for the title? I've just never been able to find any other reason that he should have won that match.

Regardless, I was never a huge fan of Edge and can't name more than about 5 singles matches of his that I really enjoyed. Still, I'm glad he was able to retire on his own terms and not hobbled like some guys.

Reaction score
A couple of things about this match...first, I'm pretty sure Edge didn't know it was going to be his last or he probably would have tried a little harder to make it memorable and second, do you think the idea was that he retain so he could move into a program with Christian for the title? I've just never been able to find any other reason that he should have won that match.

Honestly, Del Rio needed to win whether it was Edge's last match or not. Part of the problem with the Del Rio character and why the fans grew tired of him was because he kept failing to win the World Title. Here, you have the Royal Rumble winner, in the opening match and he loses. It's the worst payoff of any Royal Rumble winner in history. As uneventful as Edge's win the previous year was, at least Edge had a match in the middle of the card. The WWE so badly wanted to make Del Rio into a top star, but they messed it up immediately. Sadly, things only got worse for Del Rio. He'd lose the ladder match against Christian the following month. After that, they sent him to Raw with the idea that he'd quickly win the WWE World Title. Instead, the WWE kept delaying and delaying the title win. Then when he finally won the title, he held on to it for a month. A fucking month! A second title reign came and he held on to it for a month and a half.

2011 should have been a huge year for Del Rio, but it did more harm to him than help.

As for the idea that Edge retained to begin a Christian feud, it's commonly said that the plan was always to give Del Rio a World Title. Christian was only brought into the picture and given the title because of Edge's retirement.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Sorry for the late delays in here, I just not been here much from stuff going on(mentioned in the heads up thread)

Tomorrow I'll get this thing back going.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
I can't seem to find much importance for today so let's just go with 2008

Dusty Rhodes arrived to help oversee WWE developmental FCW.

So yeah there you have it :laugh: nothing that important happened today in WWE History, I mean Dusty is great and all but I don't see much we can talk about from this. I guess it was good having him over see it but that's about all I can say.

Anyone else got anything?

Reaction score
April 8, 1996

Vader makes his biggest impression on the WWE thus far in his short WWE run. Breaking Yokozuna's ankle, Yokozuna would be forced to be carried out on a forklift. With that, Yokozuna's run in the company would begin to come to an end while the WWE would have their new monster.

[youtube]bcBKNbFpknQ[/youtube]

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
April 8, 1996

Vader makes his biggest impression on the WWE thus far in his short WWE run. Breaking Yokozuna's ankle, Yokozuna would be forced to be carried out on a forklift. With that, Yokozuna's run in the company would begin to come to an end while the WWE would have their new monster.

[youtube]bcBKNbFpknQ[/youtube]

Well, I think I got outshined, not cool, not cool :laugh: but thanks for the help.

Vader was awesome! was a huge fan of his, glad he got a good chance.