Today in WWE History

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
[YOUTUBE]QTzhoaOLs7s[/YOUTUBE]

I think this is quite cool seeing as Daniel is now a pretty big star for the most part, shows how far people can come and how long it takes at that.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
[YOUTUBE]QTzhoaOLs7s[/YOUTUBE]

I think this is quite cool seeing as Daniel is now a pretty big star for the most part, shows how far people can come and how long it takes at that.

Jeez, 2001? That even out dates the Cena Velocity match.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Today in WWE History!

[YOUTUBE]abRT4DMJbC8[/YOUTUBE]

Pretty good promo from Edge, honestly this was pretty damn neat!

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
[YOUTUBE]fxTcr3J1zQQ[/YOUTUBE]

JK JK! that's not important come on guys!

[YOUTUBE]RHPeZID5GJg[/YOUTUBE]

This! This is what we're gonna talk about today!

Good match and seeing someone like Triple H in a match for this title made it seem important, we need big stars going for it more often now a days.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
[YOUTUBE]rLFVK6Pdff4[/YOUTUBE]

Seemed like a pretty cool thing so I figured this can be today's

Reaction score
If I could hijack this thread for one day, today marks the 28th anniversary of the debut of the Hart Foundation.

[youtube]rLBX6hY9_F8[/youtube]

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
If I could hijack this thread for one day, today marks the 28th anniversary of the debut of the Hart Foundation.

[youtube]rLBX6hY9_F8[/youtube]

You can hijack a thread anytime you want. This is a great day in history since it is the Hart Foundation.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Go ahead, I got a lot on my plate right now which is why I not been on as much the last few days. Great moment none the less

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Well bringing this back, or I'm going to try to anyway!

On this day in 2009 is the last time Jeff Hardy has a match in the WWE, losing to CM Punk in a Steel Cage Match. Now honestly this was a great moment in my opinion because 1. It got rid of Jeff Hardy from WWE and 2. It had a great ending to one of the best feuds around that time. Punk and Hardy honestly was one of the main reasons to watch back in 2009 and the way they had this end with Hardy having to leave was just perfect honestly.

What did you think of this moment?

Don't worry, I'll find away to have great moments for this, right now I just got one site with moments so if anyone has others please PM me them, I got PWInsider's Today in History list.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
A couple of other pretty big things happened in WWE on this day in history. First up, The Big Event, held at Toronto's CNE Grounds in 1986, featured WWE's highest attendance (74,000 est.) to date. The second-annual Summerslam, featuring a great match between Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior, also took place today, way back in 1989.

Reactions: 1 person

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
A couple of other pretty big things happened in WWE on this day in history. First up, The Big Event, held at Toronto's CNE Grounds in 1986, featured WWE's highest attendance (74,000 est.) to date. The second-annual Summerslam, featuring a great match between Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior, also took place today, way back in 1989.

I saw the Summerslam one on that list, but I really haven't seen it yet :laugh: if it wasn't so late I would have tried to watch it and see what I could get out of it, I wanted something I could talk about a bit for this. But thanks for the help on this, if you got a site I can use for any of this info please PM me it, I've looked around and can't find any more.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Let's run over a few events before we get to talk about what the main topic of the day is.

1988- The very first ever Summerslam took place and it was at MSG. The Main Event of that Summerslam saw Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage vs Andre The Giant & Ted DiBiase.

1992- Summerslam took place at Wembley Stadium the first major WWE Pay-per-view event to be held outside of North America(and only one) The Main Event was Davey Boy Smith vs Bret Hart for the Intercontinental Title, the WWE Title Match that night was The Ultimate Warrior vs Randy Savage.

1994- Yet another Summerslam and the main thing we will talk about today, well what we're gonna talk about today comes from this. At this Summerslam we saw Undertaker vs Undertaker, now from what I've seen this match had some good build with a bit of comedy added to it, but I'm not sure if this was a match fit for such a big PPV, maybe one of the lower tier ppv's would have been a better fit but other then that I think it provided a good little laugh with the promos with Leslie Nielsen(R.I.P)

So what did you think of Undertaker vs Undertaker? Better for another PPV? Better if it had never happened at all?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The Undertaker vs. Underfaker match is pretty poor in retrospect, but if you lived during the time it was awesome stuff. Regardless of the match quality, the build was great and I'd say the payoff was fine through the my then 15 year old eyes, though I won't deny I'll never watch it again. :lol: Also, they didn't really have lower-tier PPV's back then so Summerslam was the most logical place for the payoff.

Now, if we're talking about Summerslam '94, let's not forget that there was also a five-star classic on that card, Bret vs. Owen's cage match, which in my mind remains the best WWE blue cage match ever. Yes, I know some think its overrated, but if someone can please tell me another blue cage match that was better, I'll be glad to debate it with them.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
The Undertaker vs. Underfaker match is pretty poor in retrospect, but if you lived during the time it was awesome stuff. Regardless of the match quality, the build was great and I'd say the payoff was fine through the my then 15 year old eyes, though I won't deny I'll never watch it again. :lol: Also, they didn't really have lower-tier PPV's back then so Summerslam was the most logical place for the payoff.

Now, if we're talking about Summerslam '94, let's not forget that there was also a five-star classic on that card, Bret vs. Owen's cage match, which in my mind remains the best WWE blue cage match ever. Yes, I know some think its overrated, but if someone can please tell me another blue cage match that was better, I'll be glad to debate it with them.

Seem's I was a year off from where they had there not so important PPV's so yeah Summerslam would work since they didn't have a small PPV to put it on, and I've heard great things about that match with Bret and Owen, I need to look for it one day and see what how great it is honestly. But I might just skip out on the Undertaker match if it wasn't all that great.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I've heard great things about that match with Bret and Owen, I need to look for it one day and see what how great it is honestly.

[video=youtube;vX7cAdqL6bc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX7cAdqL6bc[/video]

Ask and ye shall receive.