The WS Mental Health and Empathy Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
Last night, my uncle passed away from his quick, but painless battle with cancer. I'm overflowed with so many emotions right now. It just hurts, losing somebody you've loved for your entire life...

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Damn :( I’m so damn sorry to hear that. If you need someone to talk to I’ll he here for you. Take whatever time you need and be with family. I’m sure I speak for us all here when I say we love you.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
That’s sad, buddy, sorry to hear. In the last decade, I’ve lost more people and animals than I’d ever thought I’d lose. The only family member that passed prior was my great grandpa when I was 4 or 5 and I don’t remember him at all. Death sucks ass.

Reactions: Vegeta

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sorry man. I know how much it hurts. My grandpa died five years ago and he was literally the greatest man I ever knew. You just gotta try to remember them for the life they lived and not the fact that they're gone.

Reactions: Bobby Barrows

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
I'm a struggling and hopeful recovered hypochondriac.

I dont make up symptoms nor diseases. I feel something and I blow it way out of proportion. I wish it was that easy though.

For a long time I'd go to bed most nights thinking I wouldnt wake up. So far I've thought I've had:

COPD
Congestive Heart Failure
Heart attacks
Strokes
Lung Cancer
DVT (blood clot)
Slipped disc that will leave me paralyzed
And my latest is brain tumor.

I've been a hypochondriac for less than a year and it's only gotten worse with going to the doctor 3 times in a month and a half.

I'm a 27 year old sciatica bearer from bad posture who sometimes feels numbness in the leg from the sciatica (am going to a chiropractor to get xrays) from terrible posture for years.

Only recently have I been getting help through vitamins, making sure to wat fruits and veggies daily, yoga, meditation, and walking daily.

Never knew this would be as much of a struggle as it is. I'm getting chronic fatigue from it.

Sadly I pulled something in my back during yoga and my nerve from sciatica is starting to send tingles. So now I'm terrified again but I'm trying not to search google (7 day streak so far of mo symptom checking) and am just going to make an appointment to at least get an x-ray.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I really like the idea of this thread for support.

I'm 33 and have been struggling with depression and anxiety attacks since I was 15 years old. I coped, and still cope by self medicating with mj. I've finally started therapy a few months back, along with a low dose of serotonin inhibitor which was a very fucking scary decision as I am terrified of brain altering medications. It's been a slow process but I feel I'm starting to see some progress, and don't feel half as angry as before and have an easier time expressing myself effectively. Talking to people on wf mafia discord also helped a lot. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there. To all who are struggling, just keep trying one day at a time. Feel free to pm if you ever just want to chat or vent :)

Cheers and stay strong everyone.

Merry christmas

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I'm a struggling and hopeful recovered hypochondriac.

I dont make up symptoms nor diseases. I feel something and I blow it way out of proportion. I wish it was that easy though.

For a long time I'd go to bed most nights thinking I wouldnt wake up. So far I've thought I've had:

COPD
Congestive Heart Failure
Heart attacks
Strokes
Lung Cancer
DVT (blood clot)
Slipped disc that will leave me paralyzed
And my latest is brain tumor.

I've been a hypochondriac for less than a year and it's only gotten worse with going to the doctor 3 times in a month and a half.

I'm a 27 year old sciatica bearer from bad posture who sometimes feels numbness in the leg from the sciatica (am going to a chiropractor to get xrays) from terrible posture for years.

Only recently have I been getting help through vitamins, making sure to wat fruits and veggies daily, yoga, meditation, and walking daily.

Never knew this would be as much of a struggle as it is. I'm getting chronic fatigue from it.

Sadly I pulled something in my back during yoga and my nerve from sciatica is starting to send tingles. So now I'm terrified again but I'm trying not to search google (7 day streak so far of mo symptom checking) and am just going to make an appointment to at least get an x-ray.

Great news on your progress! 7 days is huge!

Reactions: Sir Linko

Sir Linko

Kiss his ring.
Reaction score
Website
nockingpointwines.com
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler
I really like the idea of this thread for support.

I'm 33 and have been struggling with depression and anxiety attacks since I was 15 years old. I coped, and still cope by self medicating with mj. I've finally started therapy a few months back, along with a low dose of serotonin inhibitor which was a very fucking scary decision as I am terrified of brain altering medications. It's been a slow process but I feel I'm starting to see some progress, and don't feel half as angry as before and have an easier time expressing myself effectively. Talking to people on wf mafia discord also helped a lot. I still have a ways to go, but I'm getting there. To all who are struggling, just keep trying one day at a time. Feel free to pm if you ever just want to chat or vent :)

Cheers and stay strong everyone.

Merry christmas
How is therapy working for you?

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
Next month is already going to be one year since I lost my Boston Terriers, my anxiety is blowing up, I am just dreading the week itself. I thought of booking both days off from work, but, I will just be sitting here with greater sadness than if I go to work and try to keep myself distracted. I've been struggling with this situation since the days they died (a week apart), they were 12 and 13 years old, one passed away at home as I held him in a blanket from a number of health issues, including diabetes, cushing's disease, heart failure, high blood pressure, he was a mess. My 13 year old, I had to put him down a week later as he had bone marrow cancer and he got really bad within those 7 days, we had to pick him up to go outside and hold him up while he went to the bathroom. I also had to feed and give him water from a syringe.

I am sad as fuck that they are gone, I got them as puppies and they saved my life, they are literally the reason why I am here typing today, but, at the same time, I am at least glad they passed away close together, one could not live without the other, so, I am glad they are together and didn't have to spend much time apart.

I have a big fireplace with shelves on the sides, I have their ashes in dog house urns, and two of my cats in their urns, on top of it with their birthday hats, sweaters and the leather cases with all their paw prints in them. I put 3 battery operated candles there, one for each dog next to their pictures, and, one for both cats. The dogs have visited a lot, their candles turn on by themselves quite a bit. Neither cat has visited yet lol, typical.

Here is a picture from about a week ago. It was the first time both of the boys candles turned on. You can see the cats one off, as usual, lol.

34DC21CC-8C91-4ED8-9BF8-6741605D6D22.jpeg

Last edited:

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
This isn’t something I really talk about a lot but I really wanted to finally just share it and talk about it more.

I deal with Anxiety, which is a bitch sometimes. It makes it hard to deal with people, surely a big crowd of people. I do better with that when around people I know, it at least relaxes me more. But big crowds by myself and I couldn’t handle it. Sometimes it makes me take stuff to serious. Which is something I try my best to control but sometimes it’s hard. I’ve lost friends because of it, and it’s sucks.

I’m better than I was 10 years ago. Surely a lot better than I was 15 and 20 years ago. But I still struggle with it. I’ve grown a lot, and hopefully I can keep on with making myself better and keep with it.

Thanks for whoever reads this.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
This isn’t something I really talk about a lot but I really wanted to finally just share it and talk about it more.

I deal with Anxiety, which is a bitch sometimes. It makes it hard to deal with people, surely a big crowd of people. I do better with that when around people I know, it at least relaxes me more. But big crowds by myself and I couldn’t handle it. Sometimes it makes me take stuff to serious. Which is something I try my best to control but sometimes it’s hard. I’ve lost friends because of it, and it’s sucks.

I’m better than I was 10 years ago. Surely a lot better than I was 15 and 20 years ago. But I still struggle with it. I’ve grown a lot, and hopefully I can keep on with making myself better and keep with it.

Thanks for whoever reads this.

I’ve had anxiety disorder since I was 16. Lorazepam, clonazepam, anti-social, been there, done that. It’s hard to explain it to people who don’t have it, they don’t fully get it. I used to map out where I was because I needed to know where the doors were so I could get out if I started getting an attack. Crowds were also my issue, fucking still hate crowds. The best advice I could give you to help is when you start to get one. Force your mind to do other things, like think about what you want to do this weekend, after work, etc. Most people freak more when they feel it coming, it makes the attack worse. Stay calm, think of good things until it goes away. I haven’t taken pills for 10 years. I can control it on my own now. I went from never being able to leave my house to loving life in public places.

Marty McFourth

Reaction score
Nice to see this thread. Allows me to open up a bit. As some people might know from WF, I've had many ups and downs over the years. I deal with anxiety, depression and pretty bad mood swings. Talking on forums like these was often times the only social interaction I ever got, and kept me from sinking even lower. I still suffer pretty badly, but towards the end of 2019 and start of 2020 I've been really pushing myself to get out more and even just lightly edging myself in to situations I'm not comfortable in. It's hard, but slowly I'm growing. Some days I go back in to my old ways and it sucks, but I also know that I can't change overnight and it's going to take time for me to develop. I also know that my anxiety will likely never go away because it's just rooted in me to worry and overthink. I've even got really upset about things said on forums and blew them up in my head.

Vegeta

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
So okay, I wanted to talk to my girl about this first, before I really talked on here about it.

For some reason, for about almost the last week or so.(since maybe like Friday night) I been really really depressed and down in the dump. Like, basically I just been doing everything I could to just get through the day so I can go to sleep that night. Just you know, going through the motions of the day, eating, and stuff like that you know? I had moments of like, some joy I guess...but nothing major. It's why you've not seen me much the last week or so cause I just really wanted to just not bring anyone down. I been on Xbox less, but even when I was I didn't talk much in the parties and just basically was there. I wish I could explain better, or figure out what had me feeling this way but I really don't.

The worst part is, that last Saturday night, was probably the worst of it for me. I was so down, and just not wanting anything to do with anyone that part of me just didn't want to be alive anymore. I basically had to tell myself to think about the people in my life, the people who would be hurt, and who are worth me not doing anything dumb to help myself. That was the lowest I've been in quite sometime. The part I hate the most is not even knowing what bought it on. I fucking hate that.